Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637087 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3100 on: August 08, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
Indeed, but if we end up loaning him in that window, we'll have lost all hope of getting a transfer fee for him. That scenario would make Peace's principled stand in January a very expensive one.

We'd still get a loan fee for him as QPR have done with Remy. I'm still expecting him to go somewhere on a loan to perm deal for undisclosed fee at the end of the window.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3101 on: August 08, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
We'd still get a loan fee for him as QPR have done with Remy. I'm still expecting him to go somewhere on a loan to perm deal for undisclosed fee at the end of the window.
Im  expecting him to go  back to being the little one in JLS
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3102 on: August 08, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Im  expecting him to go  back to being the little one in JLS

I think he's grown to tall now  :D

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3103 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
Which window do you mean? His contract's up at the end of the season, so we wouldn't get anything for him then.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3104 on: August 08, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »
Which window do you mean? His contract's up at the end of the season, so we wouldn't get anything for him then.

This window. The other club would still have to pay something for the loan deal even with his contract up at the end of the season.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3105 on: August 09, 2013, 02:43:20 AM »
True but ask the city fans now if looking back they would welcome him back again with open arms.
City & city fans was made were made to look like prats Albion & us fans wont.

Sorry missed this before, but undoubtedly yes they would do the same thing over and over again, as his return to the club went a long way to them winning the Premier League Title.  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3106 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
Sorry missed this before, but undoubtedly yes they would do the same thing over and over again, as his return to the club went a long way to them winning the Premier League Title:-X

This is were we don't see the same game TheJacko2000 mine is about the football club from top to bottom yours seems to be the trophy room.
At the end of this sago the club will be seen by a very large section of Man City fans as being stronger than them.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3107 on: August 09, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
I am starting to believe if he is not replaced everybody needs to kiss and make up for us to stand any chance of scoring enough goals to stay in this league
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3108 on: August 09, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
I am starting to believe if he is not replaced everybody needs to kiss and make up for us to stand any chance of scoring enough goals to stay in this league
That's like asking me and my ex-wife to kiss and make up, NO BLOODY CHANCE.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3109 on: August 09, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »
To be honest i don't give a toss anymore, i want my team in the premier league and to do this we need a goal scorer. Allot of players play up nowadays.It really wouldn't worry me if he were to stay and help keep us up another season
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3110 on: August 09, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
To be honest i don't give a toss anymore, i want my team in the premier league and to do this we need a goal scorer. Allot of players play up nowadays.It really wouldn't worry me if he were to stay and help keep us up another season

Sadly, your comment sums up exactly what is wrong with football today.

Too many fans couldn't give a toss about moral standards, as long as the team does well.  Liverpool fans can forgive Suarez for biting and making racist comments, El Haj Djouf can spit in opponents' faces, Barton can behave like an idiot continuously, but "its OK as they are good players".  Players who sign up willingly to new and lucrative contracts can then ignore them because they don't want to honour what they signed up to. Pathetic.  Yet we indulge certain players because they happen to be good?  I don't care that other clubs might operate to lower and different standards than us - that's their choice.  Its what makes Albion difefrent, and long may it continue.   

I for one never want to see this scumbag anywhere near an Albion short again.  If he comes back here and scores a hat-trick against us for his new club, assuming he ever gets one, then I still wouldn't consider it a mistake to get rid of him.

It doesn't mean that he isn't a very good player, and one who made a big contribution to Albion's recent history. That's fact and cannot be taken away from him, and he rightly took a lot of glory for that. But his behaviour during 2013 is also a fact and he must equally take the criticism for that.

I don't believe he will kick a ball for this club again, and if I was Steve Clarke and was told that I now had to pick him, then I would refuse, and if necessary I would resign on the spot and claim constructive dismissal.  And I would win. 

Try behaving like he did in any normal workplace and just see how you get on.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3111 on: August 09, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
Sadly, your comment sums up exactly what is wrong with football today.

Too many fans couldn't give a toss about moral standards, as long as the team does well.  Liverpool fans can forgive Suarez for biting and making racist comments, El Haj Djouf can spit in opponents' faces, Barton can behave like an idiot continuously, but "its OK as they are good players".  Players who sign up willingly to new and lucrative contracts can then ignore them because they don't want to honour what they signed up to. Pathetic.  Yet we indulge certain players because they happen to be good?  I don't care that other clubs might operate to lower and different standards than us - that's their choice.  Its what makes Albion difefrent, and long may it continue.   

I for one never want to see this scumbag anywhere near an Albion short again.  If he comes back here and scores a hat-trick against us for his new club, assuming he ever gets one, then I still wouldn't consider it a mistake to get rid of him.

It doesn't mean that he isn't a very good player, and one who made a big contribution to Albion's recent history. That's fact and cannot be taken away from him, and he rightly took a lot of glory for that. But his behaviour during 2013 is also a fact and he must equally take the criticism for that.

I don't believe he will kick a ball for this club again, and if I was Steve Clarke and was told that I now had to pick him, then I would refuse, and if necessary I would resign on the spot and claim constructive dismissal.  And I would win. 

Try behaving like he did in any normal workplace and just see how you get on.

Whoa, you are having a go at the wrong fan with Devon, he is a great supporter of our club, most of us are not happy about Odemwingie, realistically he will never play for our club again, however, IF he gave a proper apology and the club deemed him to be available for selection, I as a fan would accept that.
Baggie in Southampton

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3112 on: August 09, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »

Whoa, you are having a go at the wrong fan with Devon, he is a great supporter of our club, most of us are not happy about Odemwingie, realistically he will never play for our club again, however, IF he gave a proper apology and the club deemed him to be available for selection, I as a fan would accept that.

A proper apology live on TV from the player himself would go a long way to repairing damage, one through the club or agent issued through a newspaper or website would mean nothing but empty words. After the apology head down for the remainder of his contract and no more pathetic stunts then I would have him back, I wouldn't welcome him back but would accept it.

I don't see any of it happening though as he has had chances to apologise before and gone on more rambles and seemingly cannot accept he has done any wrong. I think though too much has gone on and the best solution for all is a parting of the ways.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3113 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »

Sorry - I've just re-read my post and I cannot see that I have "had a go at" Devon.  Nothing personal there at all - the last paragraph was generic and aimed at anybody who behaves like that in a normal workplace, not "you" in the literal sense.

I would be extremely reluctant to accept an apology as being genuine. I can count on one hand the number of genuine, heartfelt player apologies which have been made by players over the years. It means nothing, and they are told what to say.

His behavour was despicable. What bid of "don't carry on tweeting your grievances" did he not understand after being clearly warned not to by the club?

There was a window just after the QPR escapade, and after his first tweeting phase, when I think he could have apologised and moved forward, and even been forgiven by the fans.  But he just kept on digging, deliberately so that the club would HAVE to sell him.  Nothing has changed since. The only fault in his plan is that there has been no buyer prepared to spend what a player of his ability should command.  Why do you think that is?  Even desperate clubs aren't prepared to pay £1.5m for a 10-15 goals a season proven Premiership striker. Too much baggage, and therefore soiled goods.  All caused by his behaviour AFTER his return from his little trip to Loftus Road.     

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3114 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
There's absolutely no way any apology would be genuine, so I'm not sure why anyone is saying they would accept it, other than those who don't have a problem with what's he's done anyway? If he felt even the remotest remorse, he would have apologised long ago.

It's gone way too far now, so he simply has to go. Fortunately, as Baggie79 has pointed out twice, the Club's stance is the same and no bridges are going to be rebuilt. If we were going to forgive him now, we might as well have sold him to QPR in January, as any moral high ground we took then would all be gone if we made up with him on the basis of some weasel words that he stated.

The saddest thing is that he's still here with just over a week to go to the start of the season, so we're all still wasting cyber-breath over him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3115 on: August 09, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
This is were we don't see the same game TheJacko2000 mine is about the football club from top to bottom yours seems to be the trophy room.
At the end of this sago the club will be seen by a very large section of Man City fans as being stronger than them.

I defy you to find me one Manchester City fan that would swap the feeling when Aguero scored THAT goal in stoppage time against QPR, for the feeling of moral superiority they would have had if Tevez had been left to rot.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3116 on: August 09, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
"... cyber-breath ..."
At least something in this thread makes me smile

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3117 on: August 09, 2013, 02:31:27 PM »

For me personally I really could not care what he has said on twitter, if he is happy or not or even if he apologies. The world has changed and what once would have been a private rant is now a very public one and more fool him for having to learn the hard way.

If the guy is good at his job (scoring goals) and cant easily be replaced and an idiot off the field that his problem and no company would sack an employee for that.

If he pulls on a WBA shirt and gives 100% he will get my full backing, if not let him rot in the reserves.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

johnwilliamso20

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3118 on: August 09, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
Twitchy Harry is on Sky Sports saying how clubs should let a player go if he wants to leave...

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3119 on: August 09, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
Twitchy Harry is on Sky Sports saying how clubs should let a player go if he wants to leave...

Is that a dig at us?
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3120 on: August 09, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »

Is that a dig at us?

He probably wants to buy Odemwingie on the cheap. Fat chance JP will let that happen.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3121 on: August 09, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »

He probably still thinks that signing him would of kept them safe.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3122 on: August 09, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »
He probably still thinks that signing him would of kept them safe.

and would he have kept them safe??
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3123 on: August 09, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
I can't see anyone meeting our asking price if they can pick him up for free at the end of next season.

As for Harry,well,he must have unsettled him in the first place as Wingie knew what the deal was.

harry soon shut the gate when Albion mentioned legal action.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3124 on: August 09, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »

and would he have kept them safe??

Bearing in mind they were conceding 3 goals a game, no he wouldnt have!