Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637091 times)

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2800 on: July 18, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Your answer is in bold ! :)

It's not important but was there a question mark at the end of my first sentence? Do you think perhaps that it might have been rhetorical?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2801 on: July 18, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
It's not important but was there a question mark at the end of my first sentence? Do you think perhaps that it might have been rhetorical?
well if it was it didnt come across that well, back to the player....half a sniff of big money and he will be gone whatever country family or not.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2802 on: July 18, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »
If a player with 3-4 years regular premier league experience, who also scores a lot of goals become available  (even if he was a bit of a nutter) , you lot would all want to sign him? :D
What's more of he was priced at 3m you'd all consider it a price worth paying.

I still think he could stay, but if not then I expect around 3 or 3.5m to settle it.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2803 on: July 18, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
well if it was it didnt come across that well,

Oh well, pardon me.

[quote ]
...back to the player....half a sniff of big money and he will be gone whatever country family or not.
[/quote]

It seems that we agree anyway. The point was that it isn't just down to the club. He also has a say in the matter and he may decide to go or not go as he wishes even if a bid were to be accepted. (Subject of course to any unknown agreeements or clauses in his contract). But that is nothing more than to state what may be obvious to most.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2804 on: July 18, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »
If a player with 3-4 years regular premier league experience, who also scores a lot of goals become available  (even if he was a bit of a nutter) , you lot would all want to sign him? :D
What's more of he was priced at 3m you'd all consider it a price worth paying.

I still think he could stay, but if not then I expect around 3 or 3.5m to settle it.

Not even a remote possibility once he had been left out of the senior squad for pre season which is why we are struggling to get a decent price, the world and their wife knows we have to sell. On the other side of the equation why would we want to? He had is backside in a sling with much less provocation than he has currently so whatever his attributes we would be lucky see much from him next year if he were to stay.

The absolute bottom line is that Odemwingie has played his last game for the club all that remains to do is salvage something from the wreckage.       

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2805 on: July 18, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »
Not even a remote possibility once he had been left out of the senior squad for pre season which is why we are struggling to get a decent price, the world and their wife knows we have to sell. On the other side of the equation why would we want to? He had is backside in a sling with much less provocation than he has currently so whatever his attributes we would be lucky see much from him next year if he were to stay.

The absolute bottom line is that Odemwingie has played his last game for the club all that remains to do is salvage something from the wreckage.       

Pete has been told again this week that we want him out asap, I feel this is a move on our part to maybe force him to join a club that maybe he might not be 100% sold on.
Gera, Gera, Gera

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2806 on: July 18, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »
I admire the clubs stance in January but we really ballsed up by not letting him go back then. We are desperate to sell which can only drive the price down.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2807 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
I admire the clubs stance in January but we really ballsed up by not letting him go back then. We are desperate to sell which can only drive the price down.

I disagree. The message we sent in January was clear to all - don't try to force us to sell because we won't be bullied.

When we were negotiating with Mulumbu, where were the vultures and the rumours? Long still hasn't signed a new contract and no speculation is apparent. Even Olsson with his buy out is attracting no rumours. What we did in January might cost us a couple of million on pete's transfer fee but the message has got through.

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2808 on: July 18, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
Guys, what am I missing that says he's worth £3million plus when his contract is worth approx £2 million?????

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2809 on: July 18, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
Guys, what am I missing that says he's worth £3million plus when his contract is worth approx £2 million?????
It's what the club want. and expect. It's basically double what we bought him for. so think of it as his value (1.5m) plus most of his contract worth (1.5m)

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2810 on: July 18, 2013, 11:11:18 PM »
Am I right that he can buy himself out of this contract for the remaining value?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2811 on: July 18, 2013, 11:20:59 PM »
Good news. He has a new job, he runs the café on Count Arthur Strong.

Always knew he'd sort himself out.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2812 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »
Am I right that he can buy himself out of this contract for the remaining value?

Only with our agreement under FIFA regulations we would still hold his registration so no club could sign him without our consent.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2813 on: July 19, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »
and the saga goes on and on and on and on and on
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Sussex-Baggie

« Reply #2814 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
I would like to think we could still about £2m for Peter Odemwingie, but we are probably going to have to settle for less the longer this situation goes on.

I agree with the club's decision to reject the £850,000 bid from Al Nasr in Dubai (as reported on Sky Sports and in the Express & Star), but hopefully they will up their offer if they are genuinely interested in signing Odemwingie and the problems we have encountered with him since January can fully be put behind us.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2815 on: July 19, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
I agree with the posters on the previous page who suggested we shouldn't be strengthening fellow Premier League clubs, especially sides like Crystal Palace. If the opportunity to take him abroad arises then it's something I would look to do providing the fee is right. I have a feeling JP might haggle for £2million but I think this just may be one where we cut our loses and let him go for between £1m-£1.5m. The sooner he is gone the better.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2816 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
BUT if Pete wants to stay in this country (don't know if this is the case), then its likely that our competitors are the only potential buyers.
As we know Pete can't be forced to go anywhere he doesn't want to go.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2817 on: July 19, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
BUT if Pete wants to stay in this country (don't know if this is the case), then its likely that our competitors are the only potential buyers.
As we know Pete can't be forced to go anywhere he doesn't want to go.

According to Sky today, Dubai is his preferred option but i'm sure I read in January he wanted to stay in England so either he's changed his mind sensing a payday or he's not bothered where he goes.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2818 on: July 20, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
According to Sky today, Dubai is his preferred option but i'm sure I read in January he wanted to stay in England so either he's changed his mind sensing a payday or he's not bothered where he goes.

There is no income tax in Dubai

I bet that would attract a player with POs "motivation"
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2819 on: July 20, 2013, 10:39:36 AM »
£3m for a player the wrong side of 30 with attitude problems?

Have a day off Mr Peace.

You got this one wrong, and should have sold when his stock was still good

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #2820 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
Peace has done nothing wrong.

This is a man who has got similar fees for players that have done alot less than Odemwingie despite his age.

As the window progresses clubs become more and more desperate and will pay anything.

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2821 on: July 20, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
£3m for a player the wrong side of 30 with attitude problems?

Have a day off Mr Peace.

You got this one wrong, and should have sold when his stock was still good

Can't disagree with any of this.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2822 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »
Can't disagree with any of this.

I agree with this.

If any incoming activity revolves around us offloading Odemwinge first then this is going to be a very frustrating window.  We will get somewhere between £1.5m - £2.0m eventually. 

Considering the amount of clubs supposedly in for him I can't believe this still hasn't happened yet.  He's a  proven goalscorer at this level available for peanuts.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2823 on: July 20, 2013, 11:45:32 AM »
Peace has done nothing wrong.

This is a man who has got similar fees for players that have done alot less than Odemwingie despite his age.

As the window progresses clubs become more and more desperate and will pay anything.

Lets see what fee he go's for 1st before you say that.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2824 on: July 20, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »
That's not something we ever do!  ;D