Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637074 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2500 on: February 07, 2013, 10:03:20 AM »
If we are willing to sanction a loan deal away from the club then I personally think it shows that either the rest of the squad have made it clear they don't want him back or the coaching staff don't want to work with him. Perhaps the whole debacle has affected the team more than we thought it had.

I just can't see any other reason why we would be willing to let him go out on loan to be honest.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2501 on: February 07, 2013, 10:12:53 AM »
If we are willing to sanction a loan deal away from the club then I personally think it shows that either the rest of the squad have made it clear they don't want him back or the coaching staff don't want to work with him. Perhaps the whole debacle has affected the team more than we thought it had.

I just can't see any other reason why we would be willing to let him go out on loan to be honest.

Money.

A loan fee (£1m?). Bonus if they get promoted (another £1m?). Sell him permanent if they do (another £3m?) . Sell him elsewhere if they don't. Plus they pay his wages till the end of season (thick end of £1m)

Go for it JP you know you can do it!

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2502 on: February 07, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
Money.

A loan fee (£1m?). Bonus if they get promoted (another £1m?). Sell him permanent if they do (another £3m?) . Sell him elsewhere if they don't. Plus they pay his wages till the end of season (thick end of £1m)

Go for it JP you know you can do it!

Sorry but those figures would be peanuts if we end up getting relegated, hes one of our best players so play him now, & deal with a transfer in the summer (more options). He's a professional footballer and needs to start acting like it and put his differences to one side like us as fans should till the end of the season

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2503 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:59 AM »
Letting one (of JT and Odemwingie) go would be daft, letting both go would simply be footballing negligence.
It would leave us with no natural wingers, no pace and would leave us with a selection of midfielders all very of the same ilk: no dynamism and all very much one paced.

The management are leaving themselves very much exposed to severe criticism here, as from now until the end of the season there will be times when we are chasing games, needing pace, needing trickery to open defences, needing someone who is ruthless in front of goal. It’s going to draw much criticism and embarrassment if the two players on our books that are capable of doing this have been loaned out to the Championship.  As a full back who would you be happier marking: Dorrans/Brunt or Thomas/Odemwingie?

If we are letting both go it will rank as one of the most pathetic decisions made at this football club in recent years, I’d like to know exactly who is behind it, as it stinks. No way will we hit 47+ points if we let both go.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:36:35 AM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2504 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Sorry but those figures would be peanuts if we end up getting relegated, hes one of our best players so play him now, & deal with a transfer in the summer (more options). He's a professional footballer and needs to start acting like it and put his differences to one side like us as fans should till the end of the season
Are you for real, relegated?? This season??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2505 on: February 07, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
Never thought this would happen, I hope he doenst go to Palace.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2506 on: February 07, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »
This is an absolute ludicrous idea as we`re not even safe from relegation yet,
could you imagine the uproar if we got rid of Odemwingie and went down ?
Jeremy Peace would get lynched.
I thought the only reason he didnt sign for QPR was due to the fact we couldnt get a replacement ?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2507 on: February 07, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »
This is an absolute ludicrous idea as we`re not even safe from relegation yet,
could you imagine the uproar if we got rid of Odemwingie and went down ?
Jeremy Peace would get lynched.
I thought the only reason he didnt sign for QPR was due to the fact we couldnt get a replacement ?

and the fact they didn't offer us what we wanted for him. We never accepted a bid from them as it didn't meet our valuation.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2508 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
and the fact they didn't offer us what we wanted for him. We never accepted a bid from them as it didn't meet our valuation.

I thought we agreed a price with QPR but the Hoillet deal is what scuppered it ?

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2509 on: February 07, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »
How can Palace afford to pay Odemwingie big bucks if he signs for them in the summer?

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2510 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
Thomas is only still here because Blackburn screwed up on deadline day. I for one if Odemwingie's festering presence is out of the club one way or the other. Everyone knew what the consequences would be if we failed to agree a permanent deal before the window closed and here we now are.

People need to remember what kind of signal it would send out to the rest of the squad if he gets put back into the side at someone else's expense. The already low morale would plummet still further.

We needed to agree a deal last week and we failed to do so, so now we're into greatly second best options. For me, playing him again isn't one of those options.

Whether he would want to go to Palace again is another matter of course. It might be put to him like "if you want to play football again this season, find another club".

Fans have to remember that Lukaku isnt our player, Fortune/Thomas are out of contract in the summer,
Rosenberg is a pub player, and Dorrans also wants out , so I cant see how these players can complain
if Odemwingie is put back into the team. The rest of the squad need to realise that its all about results
and Pete is a match winner.
I know we`re 13 points off the relegation places but that could soon evaporate in this league.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2511 on: February 07, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
Thomas is only still here because Blackburn screwed up on deadline day. I for one if Odemwingie's festering presence is out of the club one way or the other. Everyone knew what the consequences would be if we failed to agree a permanent deal before the window closed and here we now are.

People need to remember what kind of signal it would send out to the rest of the squad if he gets put back into the side at someone else's expense. The already low morale would plummet still further.

We needed to agree a deal last week and we failed to do so, so now we're into greatly second best options. For me, playing him again isn't one of those options.

Whether he would want to go to Palace again is another matter of course. It might be put to him like "if you want to play football again this season, find another club".

I realise the reasons Odemwingie and Thomas are still here.

The club have acted very very poorly in terms of this January transfer window. We needed to strengthen the team, and if either (or both!) of PO or JT leave then we have weakened an already weak squad.

If Pete or JT is to leave before the summer, then we leave ourselves in a very thin squad, without adequate replacement.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2512 on: February 07, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
Maybe we could do some kind of deal where we get Wilfred Zaha for the rest of the season ?
I know he`s Man Utd `s player but maybe it would help them to.  ::)

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2513 on: February 07, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »
Maybe we could do some kind of deal where we get Wilfred Zaha for the rest of the season ?
I know he`s Man Utd `s player but maybe it would help them to.  ::)
Its impossible for that to happen. The loan windows only allows Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs to loan players in. Premier League clubs can only loan out.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2514 on: February 07, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »
Its impossible for that to happen. The loan windows only allows Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs to loan players in. Premier League clubs can only loan out.

Glad you mentioned that as I wondering if Crystal palace could act as go-betweens eg. we loan them Odemwingie and they then loan him to QPR....glad that can't happen!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2515 on: February 07, 2013, 12:52:19 PM »
Everybody's getting outraged saying that we have sanctioned the deal. Evidence?

From what I can gather Albion are still working on re-integration. Good luck fellas.

Apparently PO was "offered" to Palace in a phone call.

Doesn't sound like JP or Albion's style of negotiating at all.

More like an agent trying to engineer a deal now its all gone quiet.

In the best interests, not of PO, but the agent of course!

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2516 on: February 07, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
If they do both go you can only think it would be with the view of reverting to 4-4-2 for the rest of the season. HOOF!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2517 on: February 07, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
if we revert to 442 and `play long and lukaku we have nothing on the bench.
as stated rosenberg looks like a pub player and shows little signs of improving (i hope im wrong) i rate maf but hes not going to grab you a goal from nothing.

we are 13 points above the drop the form were on and the rate the bottom sides are picking up points this could easily be wittled away. our fixtures arent particularly kind to us to the end of the season.

dont think odemwingie will ever gain forgiveness or trust in these parts or even respect, but we could still do with another 10 points to ensure we stay up again, and he could help us do that.

the summer is a busy one i expect alot of ins and outs
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2518 on: February 07, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
I was just wondering! Does odemwonga even want to play for us?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2519 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
I was just wondering! Does odemwonga even want to play for us?
According to the local journos hes still training alone and still talking to the club but wants them to accept there share of the blame in a joint statement! Apparantly he also offered his 300k bonus to pay for Hoiletts wages! How desperate can someone be to get away??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #2520 on: February 07, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
If Odemwingie and Thomas left then we wouldnt beable to fill the bench.
Going into a relegation battle with 16 players/2 Gk`s/14 would be suicidal.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:16:07 PM by the rainbow turn east »

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2521 on: February 07, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
I don't understand why lots of fans are suddenly saying they want him in the team and how desparate we are. Yes, we are short of players as we didn't sign anyone in the window, but what has Pete actually done to warrant this treatment?

As far as I'm aware, he still hasn't apologised and hasn't shown any signs of it. He even posted his 'best goals' on twitter the other day. Doesn't seem like someone who is sorry for causing so much division at the club and is currently training alone.

We may be able to get some loan players in, but in my opinion, the talk of bringing Pete back is ridiculous. I still hope he never plays for us again. I would rather see youth players coming in than seeing that self-centered sycophant in the stripes.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2522 on: February 07, 2013, 05:52:45 PM »
If Odemwingie and Thomas left then we wouldnt beable to fill the bench.
Going into a relegation battle with 16 players/2 Gk`s/14 would be suicidal.
Where on earth do you get this relegation battle from. :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2523 on: February 07, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
give either of them to Blackpool and get Ince here on a permanent move in the summer as part of the deal :D.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2524 on: February 07, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »
Where on earth do you get this relegation battle from. :o

Make no mistake about it, another couple of defeats with clubs at the bottom picking up points and were right back in the mix.

This club seems to be forever loaning players out.