Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637068 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2075 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
From what Clarke says, there doesn't seem to be a lot of movement in the deal.

As much as all he has done has annoyed and offended me(I know it hasn't for some others, personal view!), his ability is something we will sorely miss.

If he is here, bridges need to be re-built because we can't have a player as good as him in the reserves.

Transfer deadline day is a crazy desperate place. He will have signed for somebody come 11 pm, be it QPR, Sunderland, or even Arsenal, Spurs or Man City.
Boing Boing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2076 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
Jacko in shock Odemwingie praise/Dorrans criticism.

Dorrans wasn't garbage, although he isn't really the answer out wide being better in the centre of midfield. We may have missed Odemwingie but we also missed Gera as they were out best 2 wide men, but I think the greater loss was that of the Mulumbu/Full fit Yacob partnership. They have not played together for over 2 months - we have been poor ever since.

Beg to differ, constantly gave the ball away, and got caught in possession. Plays the game at walking pace, offered Jones no protection then moaned at him when he was outnumbered. His one piece of quality counted for nothing as it only hit the bar. He's not good enough at this level. In any position.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2077 on: January 30, 2013, 11:44:33 PM »
Beg to differ, constantly gave the ball away, and got caught in possession. Plays the game at walking pace, offered Jones no protection then moaned at him when he was outnumbered. His one piece of quality counted for nothing as it only hit the bar. He's not good enough at this level. In any position.
Nowhere near as bad as you make out but then again it's you talking about Dorrans so it counts for little in all fairness.Played well in the middle against Villa but put out wide and did OK, this is the Odemwingie thread so lets head back to that please everybody!.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2078 on: January 30, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »
Well there's a surprise. Dorrans can do no right, Brunt  and Odemwingie can do no wrong. I think sometimes your bias about these players means that your posts lose some credibility, which is a shame because on other occasions I am much in agreement with you. Perhaps an occasional acknowledgement that Dorrans has played well, or that Brunt played poorly, which has undoubtedly been the case on occasions this season for both players (although the opposite has also been true sometimes), would help to redress the balance a bit

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2079 on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:19 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom--qpr-transfers-1564242

Only in the Mirror so probably a load of old tosh. I would snatch their arm off
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2080 on: January 31, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
I would be sad to see Pete go but Hoilett would ideal for what we need.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2081 on: January 31, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom--qpr-transfers-1564242

Only in the Mirror so probably a load of old tosh. I would snatch their arm off

I would consider that although not as a straight swap, I'd still want 3 or 4 million plus Hoillett for Odemwingie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2082 on: January 31, 2013, 12:25:16 AM »
I would consider that although not as a straight swap, I'd still want 3 or 4 million plus Hoillett for Odemwingie.
I'd guess Hoilett still has loads on his contract where Pete doesn't , with that in mind 2 million plus Hoilett would do me if we must sell Pete.I dread to think what wage Hoilett is on though......

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2083 on: January 31, 2013, 12:33:23 AM »
I'd guess Hoilett still has loads on his contract where Pete doesn't , with that in mind 2 million plus Hoilett would do me if we must sell Pete.I dread to think what wage Hoilett is on though......

Indeed if our fans think Odemwingie's wages are obscene, which many obviously do, I imagine 22 year old Hoillett with one decent season in a team that got relegated behind him will be on at least the same wage and so how would we/they react to a few below par performances or appearances late at night in Brum city centre?

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2084 on: January 31, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
If we could get Hoilett, who was absolutely superb last season, I would take that as a direct swap. He's everything we need. Having said that he must be on huge wages to go to QPR in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if we did do a deal with Odemwingie going and Hoilett on loan till the end of the season though.

Had Hoilett not been out of contract last year he'd have been worth about 10m.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:39:55 AM by Dan »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2085 on: January 31, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »
Would like that deal, really rated Hoillett of what I have seen......

Saw that at the bottom paying Samba 100K a week  :-\

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2086 on: January 31, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »
id swap Odemwingie for Hoilett and £1million to be honest, Hoilett has massive potential and Odemwingie wants out, would be a good deal for us

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2087 on: January 31, 2013, 12:40:37 AM »
If we could get Hoilett, who was absolutely superb last season, I would take that as a direct swap. He's everything we need. Having said that he must be on huge wages to go to QPR in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if we did do a deal with Odemwingie going and Hoilett on loan till the end of the season though.

I'd be happy with Hoillet on a Permanent deal. He's a great talent. Similar sort of player to Pete as well but much younger.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2088 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »
We were toothless mate, and Dorrans who played in his likely position was garbage.

Comment I expected. Fact is meltdown or not Pete would not have played tonight as Clarke seems to prefer a more natural midfielder away from home. Dorrans was not 'garbage' but I take your views on Dorrans with a pinch of salt especially as he was certainly no worse than either Morrison or Brunt.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2089 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:38 AM »
Comment I expected. Fact is meltdown or not Pete would not have played tonight as Clarke seems to prefer a more natural midfielder away from home. Dorrans was not 'garbage' but I take your views on Dorrans with a pinch of salt especially as he was certainly no worse than either Morrison or Brunt.

Neither gave the ball away half as much, neither shirked responsibility when tracking back. I take your comments on Dorrans with a pinch of salt too mate, you rate him highly based on a season at a lower level 3 years ago and seem to take offence whenever he is criticised.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2090 on: January 31, 2013, 12:57:24 AM »
Neither gave the ball away half as much, neither shirked responsibility when tracking back. I take your comments on Dorrans with a pinch of salt too mate, you rate him highly based on a season at a lower level 3 years ago and seem to take offence whenever he is criticised.

Or as others would call it, whenever you post.

For the record, I felt Morrison and Yacob gave the ball away more than Dorrans. Dorrans was poor in his defensive work as the game went on although that seemed to be more about ability rather than him not trying. The whole team were poor today though and Jones and Popov seemed the worst of the lot.
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2091 on: January 31, 2013, 01:00:12 AM »

No, if he's rubbish i'll say he's rubbish. Tonight I didn't think he was rubbish.

I rate him on what I see, I don't live in the past and tonight if you think that Morrison or Brunt were any better than Dorrans then thats upto you, I disagree 100%, Brunt watched people dance around him apart from one tackle and Morrison may well have sat on the bench all night.

I don't take offence when Dorrans gets criticised at all, I could use that one at you with certain players but me ? I wouldn't stoop that low.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2092 on: January 31, 2013, 01:07:05 AM »
Or as others would call it, whenever you post.

For the record, I felt Morrison and Yacob gave the ball away more than Dorrans. Dorrans was poor in his defensive work as the game went on although that seemed to be more about ability rather than him not trying. The whole team were poor today though and Jones and Popov seemed the worst of the lot.

Really? I've made over two thousand posts mate, so that is a very unfair comment... I'd report to moderator but then you are one so what's the point?

Yacob hardly gave the ball away once. And Morrison was neat and tidy but couldn't get in the game. Dorrans even stooped so low as to try and blame Thorne for his own poor tracking back, but encouragingly the youngster was having none of it.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2093 on: January 31, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
Really? I've made over two thousand posts mate, so that is a very unfair comment... I'd report to moderator but then you are one so what's the point?

Yacob hardly gave the ball away once. And Morrison was neat and tidy but couldn't get in the game. Dorrans even stooped so low as to try and blame Thorne for his own poor tracking back, but encouragingly the youngster was having none of it.

Give up with the faux-outrage, you know you slate Dorrans all of the time, no point pretending you do not.

As for Yacob, i'm a huge fan however he was wasteful a times on the ball. I think there are tools online that can be used to look at stats and id imagine it would show Yacob's pass completion was not great today. He is struggling with match fitness at the moment.

Boing Boing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2094 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:11 AM »
Give up with the faux-outrage, you know you slate Dorrans all of the time, no point pretending you do not.

As for Yacob, i'm a huge fan however he was wasteful a times on the ball. I think there are tools online that can be used to look at stats and id imagine it would show Yacob's pass completion was not great today. He is struggling with match fitness at the moment.

Yet if I'd said the same to you I'd have got a PM? I slate Dorrans when I think he deserves it, unfortunately since "that" season in the Chumpionship, he's made it a regular occurrence...

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2095 on: January 31, 2013, 01:25:05 AM »
id swap Odemwingie for Hoilett and £1million to be honest, Hoilett has massive potential and Odemwingie wants out, would be a good deal for us

Wonder if Hoilett would be interested though, and if we are prepared to pay his bloated QPR wages. We are desperate for some life for our wings and if he is fit again after his injury plagued season and wanted to come it would be hard to turn down a young promising, hungry winger.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2096 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »
Wonder if Hoilett would be interested though, and if we are prepared to pay his bloated QPR wages. We are desperate for some life for our wings and if he is fit again after his injury plagued season and wanted to come it would be hard to turn down a young promising, hungry winger.

I wonder if Hoilett has a wage-cut in his contract if they get relegated, that could be a factor in him coming here, his wages might be dropping to somewhere our level if they go down anyway. Not to mention he is not a Redknapp signing and has not featured much.

I would be over the moon if we got him, I really hope the story is true. It would be perfect. Just the lift we need.

Hoilett also seems to score loads against the Dingles.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:49:18 AM by addy »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2097 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57:18 AM »
Wages would be the issue Hoilett is on more than Odemwingie is currently on according to Chris Lepkowski. It is a measure of how completely bloated QPR's wages are rather than any indication of the players worth.  Nedum Onuoha is apparently on £60k a week it is plain that QPR are the absolute mugs of English football and agents have been forming an orderly queue to get their players a spot in a land of milk and honey. What the likes of Hill, Derry and Mackie who have been carrying some of their better paid teammates  make of it is anyones guess
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2098 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:04 AM »
he's on 39k pw according to CL. About the same as Pete. Wouldn't want to pay him more than £25-30k pw though. Would offer him this and performance related add ons. Make up the rest of his wages in assists and goals.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2099 on: January 31, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »
Id be happy with him & 1mil....seem to remember lots on here wanting him before he went to qpr