Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637101 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1075 on: January 25, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
I can understand people saying 'let him go' but I cannot see many offering opinions on who we should replace him with ?

So what if we get goos money for him , would you trust Peace to spend big for once ???? The club have plenty of cash swilling around after such low spending in the summer remember.

We have already lost forward players Gera and Wood from the squad and Lukkau on only on loan.

That leaves three big holes to fill if we wait until summer and our club have struggled for ten years to attract genuine Premiership forwards so I have little faith we would conjure up suitable like for like replacements for that trio. We will end up gambling on the cheap again.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1076 on: January 25, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
Some sort of statement on Sky Sports News or something from him? Anyone know what it siad?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1077 on: January 25, 2013, 08:27:54 PM »
Absolutely no way we should let him leave this window,numerous reasons including 1) no hope of getting a replacement of sufficient quality in 2) why assist a team with mega money behind them stay up and in all likelihood improve next season 3) he is still the best striker we have and 4) not beyond the bounds of possibility we are one serious injury at the end of the month away from losing Lukaku.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

wba ay ay ay ay

« Reply #1078 on: January 25, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
I have just heard Odemwingie's statement on sky sports news regarding the transfer rejection.
Cant seem to find it to link in this but I was pretty disappointed in what he has said.
Basically saying he wants to play for QPR and some harsh words against the club for not releasing him!
Anyone else heard it an thoughts?
If i can find it ill link it.

Loughborough Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1079 on: January 25, 2013, 08:32:06 PM »
Some sort of statement on Sky Sports News or something from him? Anyone know what it siad?
Very long statement thanking fans but saying that he wanted this challenge and wanted to work under Redknapp.  It also had a pop at the mgmt for failing to tell him about previous interest.  He also whinged about the position he was playing in and the fact that he wasnt an automatic pick.  Roughly translated:  I genuinely like the fans but I want the money and I'm going (or you'll have a seriously disgruntled player).

b65baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1080 on: January 25, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Statement said things about the club not letting him know about offers for him to secure his & his family's future , loves the fans, blah blah blah, if he's that important to the team then why is he being played out of position ? club pricing him out of a move etc etc .
No way is this going to end happy !

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1081 on: January 25, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
He's a disgrace.

No respect for his team mates, no respect for the fans and no respect for himself.
I only go for the beer.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »
Jones is hardly going to score goals at a club which doesn't play any football !  In all honesty, we could possibly get away without signing another striker given where we are, or maybe just sign a loan striker as backup, but Ince in for Dorrans and Odemwingie would be progression.  Liverpool won't pay what Blackpool want, which I seem to recall is around £7m.  A bargain in my view.

Jones record in england

2004–2007

Southampton

71 apperances

(19 goals )

2004–2005

Sheffield Wednesday (loan)

7 apperacnes

(7 goals)

Stoke City (loan)

13 apperances

(3 goals)

2007–2010

Sunderland

94 apperances

(26 goals )

2010–Current

Stoke City

70 apperances

(13 goal )

Apart from his loan spell at sheff wed [was they in league 1 at the time?] his record is woefull
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:36:27 PM by wbarenno »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1083 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
His statement basically says that he has done wonders for us and deserves to be allowed to move on. Cheeky barsteward. Who the hell does he think he is? I wish we were a wealthy club and could afford to let him rot in the stiffs. Sadly, we are not and we'll just have to let him go. It is infuriating.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1084 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:28 PM »
2) why assist a team with mega money behind them stay up and in all likelihood improve next season 3

Good point as if QPR do stay then they are likely to keep throwing good money after bad which will, despite our slow and careful building of the squad over a number of years (the 'right' way), eventually blow us our of the water and take another place away from us as we will never be able to compete.....................sometimes this PL lark makes you wonder if it's worth all the heartache hoping that clubs would come to their senses and we could compete in a level playing field.
Along come Tin-Pot QPR and blow everything to pieces with such classless and reckless behaviour - at least they now have the right type of person in charge - Used Car Salesman Arry and his Media mates.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1085 on: January 25, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
His statement basically says that he has done wonders for us and deserves to be allowed to move on. Cheeky barsteward. Who the hell does he think he is? I wish we were a wealthy club and could afford to let him rot in the stiffs. Sadly, we are not and we'll just have to let him go. It is infuriating.

Any link ?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1086 on: January 25, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
Very long statement thanking fans but saying that he wanted this challenge and wanted to work under Redknapp.  It also had a pop at the mgmt for failing to tell him about previous interest.  He also whinged about the position he was playing in and the fact that he wasnt an automatic pick.  Roughly translated:  I genuinely like the fans but I want the money and I'm going (or you'll have a seriously disgruntled player).

So he's been tapped up then by them ??????
How can the FA not act on this ???/

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1087 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »
So he's been tapped up then by them ??????
How can the FA not act on this ???/

They are probably on the same payroll.
I only go for the beer.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1088 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
He's a disgrace.

No respect for his team mates, no respect for the fans and no respect for himself.

Will fit in well with Tap-Up Arry from the Tin-Pot club !
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:44:27 PM by B_H_Baggie »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »
Jones record in england

2004–2007

Southampton

71 apperances

(19 goals )

2004–2005

Sheffield Wednesday (loan)

7 apperacnes

(7 goals)

Stoke City (loan)

13 apperances

(3 goals)

2007–2010

Sunderland

94 apperances

(26 goals )

2010–Current

Stoke City

70 apperances

(13 goal )

Apart from his loan spell at sheff wed [was they in league 1 at the time?] his record is woefull

26 goals in 94 games at Sunderland isn't that bad. It's a goal every 3.5 games, which is 11 goals per season. We haven't had too many strikers who have averaged that in the Premiership !

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1090 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »
Will fit in well with Tap-Up Arry from the Tin-Pot club !

They are welcome to each other, because if he ever wears our shirt again he will be getting the most vile abuse possible from me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:44:57 PM by B_H_Baggie »
I only go for the beer.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: January 25, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
if he wants to go let him! why would we want someone who quite clearly does not want to be here. he is not the be all and end all some people on here think he is! how do you feel about the player you championed now?

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »
if he wants to go let him! why would we want someone who quite clearly does not want to be here. he is not the be all and end all some people on here think he is! how do you feel about the player you championed now?

Still like him. Always will.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1093 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
At last some realism, Ive said on here loads of time before that he's a greedy git, every transfer window there's speculation surrounding him. No smoke without fire etc.
I'm not against a player getting the best deal but how many best deals does he want?
Then he comes out with how much he loves the club and fans blah blah puke.
He's just another Robbo.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1094 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »
We've only got ourselves to blame here.

We were doing fine until Yacob got injured and then we bring in championship quality replacements. 

Obviously PO is fed up with playing with lesser quality individuals.  We've had 25 days to bring in better players and we've done nothing.

We'll finish bottom half at this rate.   On the other hand I can see QPR averaging 2ps per game from here onwards.   

Some players are too comfortable at Hawthorns, these are the ones that should be moved on.  We show no aggression apart from when we're behind in a match.

Where's our ambition Mr Peace?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1095 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
Any link ?

No, sorry. I will post if I see something somewhere. Other posters have filled in most of th gaps in his statement.

sayer3

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
He has been our most prolific forward in the premier league so he should always be looked on fondly but it's a shame it's all ended so sourly

DorransSporran

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1097 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »
 i say let him go only if the money is right and there is a replacement. if not condemn him to the reserves. He should never be allowed to play for us again after that statement on SSN.  He is not bigger than the club like he thinks he is.  Let him go to the team at the bottom of the league and struggle.  He is not welcome here any more as far as i'm concerned!

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1098 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:52 PM »
We've only got ourselves to blame here.

We were doing fine until Yacob got injured and then we bring in championship quality replacements. 

Obviously PO is fed up with playing with lesser quality individuals.  We've had 25 days to bring in better players and we've done nothing.

We'll finish bottom half at this rate.   On the other hand I can see QPR averaging 2ps per game from here onwards.   

Some players are too comfortable at Hawthorns, these are the ones that should be moved on.  We show no aggression apart from when we're behind in a match.

Where's our ambition Mr Peace?

Sorry, but you are talking utter pooh.
I only go for the beer.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1099 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:54 PM »
I'd refuse to sell and keep him here........finish his career.
Just what I would do - players need to be put in place at times like this. Also it will deny 'twitcher' another player.

I am disappointed yet not surprised at PO - he's lost alot of the support he had and if JP does not sell cant see him starting too many games now.

Did he kiss his badge against, vile?