Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637100 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
I think there is two sides to this, personally i dont think we should sell him unless we have somebody better lined up, he drives you mad, he can be non existent but he can also win a game on his own and gets goals and without him i dont think we would be in the premiership now.

I expect some point this window for an agent supposedly representing Odemwingie to say he is interested in talking to QPR, a few days later it emerges this 'agent' is his neighbours, cousins, sisters best mates, auntys builder who once saw Odemwingie in Tesco! Like every other window really!

Its all rumour at the moment, Redknapp does what he does well, he keeps it in the media, and it sometimes turns a players head, we dont know if that is the case with Odemwingie. The only way i could see us selling him was if they offered stupid money or Odemwingie says he wants to go there.

If he did say he wants to go there then its clearly a money decision, not being arrogant but we are bigger and better than QPR in every way, that may well change with the backing they have over the next few years but by then Odemwingie would be mid 30's and QPR will of replaced him with a 'name'. On the other hand they could get relegated, owner gets hacked off with wasting money and they turn into a nothing club in the championship.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
I suppose it depends if PO is in Clarkes long term plans if he isnt then this is the last window where we can get good money for him, he is 32 next season and his one real aspect of his game will start to diminish and thats his pace. Personally if an offer around the 4-5 million mark comes in then I think they have to seriously consider it.

At his age he isn't goint to be in anyones long term plans.
Personally I'm not fussed if he goes or stays, this season he's been good on the odd occasion he's turned up and a waste of a shirt the rest of the time.
I always think Pete and his agent always seem to have something on the back burner.
If a decent offer comes in. thanks for the memories Pete.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
Its an interesting one.

I dont want him to leave purely because hes been so important to us, and to replace someone like him would cost more than the 2-3 million being spoke about.

However he isnt playing as much as he used to and were not as dependant on him at the moment.

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »
Odemwingie started playing professional football late in his career so his body may be able to hold up an extra few years, same with McAuley.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
All older members talk about selling our best players after 79 and look what happened, Ill keep repeating it you cant sell your best players if we are to continue to progress. And Pete is up there as one, if not our best player. The way he scares defenders and can single handingly change a game is something very hard to replace, which is what we will have to do if he goes.

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
I remember 79 very well and still remember how it hurts,to have the guts ripped out of the team whose future was well on the up it was absolutely crushing for this for  teenager(now 50 yrs old)
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
I remember 79 very well and still remember how it hurts,to have the guts ripped out of the team whose future was well on the up it was absolutely crushing for this for  teenager(now 50 yrs old)

Same age as Robbo then, he who started the Exodus :(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »
I don't think anyone 'wants' to sell their best players but circumstances dictate things, we don't know whats in Pete or any others contracts, we don't know what conversations take place between player, clubs, agents etc so to us it just looks like offer is made by buying club and is either accepted or rejected by selling club.

If a player makes it clear they want to go, what do we do ? keep an unhappy player who may then sulk (Davies, Robinson, Kamara) until they get their own way or move them on and look for a replacement ?

We're not back in the days when we had to suffer David Mills, John Deehan and co. We've got a proven scouting network who managed to pick up Pete himself for £1.6m and Olsson for around £800k not to mention Mulumbu and Yacob.

Players come, players go, they have no loyalty in the main to anyone.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »
There will be financial clauses in players contracts if QPR go down.Is he another one that wants to live in London.

CL has stated Pete's very happy in West Brom, and at the club.

QPR/Harry can go elsewhere, if JP aint selling, that's that ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »
CL has stated Pete's very happy in West Brom, and at the club.

QPR/Harry can go elsewhere, if JP aint selling, that's that ;D

What Pete lives in West Brom :o
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

What Pete lives in West Brom :o

Good point, doubt it. But I think what was meant was - he's happy with where he is at the moment.

Whether the £50k a week can change his mind is another thing. Either way he's in the squad for tomorrows match. Hope he scores a hatrick!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »
If he wants to stay, and it sounds like he does, keep him. His a massive asset to the team and a player others can learn from, I don't care about his contractual length and its repercussions on a future fee, he only cost us a couple of million so there's not really a question of recouping the fee we paid for him in my eyes.
"This crack is really moreish."

wdbroun

« Reply #787 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
saw a qpr fan on the tube today with a qpr top on and odemwingie on the back. what an utter tool. my hatred for them now is at an all time high
No offense intended, but I don't believe this. It just doesn't make sense on multiple levels. Maybe you misread it?

IF and its a BIG BIG IF this is true and he does want to talk to them then for me i'd be more disappointed in the player than the club ...
Same here. I'd be pretty surprised, too. It's mostly Harry's psychological warfare, methinks.

I didn't dislike Harry before this week, but he really irritates me now. Reminds me of some of the unsavory characters I used to know when I lived in north London.

wdbroun

« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »
No offense intended, but I don't believe this. It just doesn't make sense on multiple levels. Maybe you misread it?
Same here.

i have got better things to do than make up lies on the internet

anyway i wouldnt sell people are complaining about a lack of pace if pete  goes we have nobody unless thomas plays reguarly but can we put faith into an injury prone player?  i woudnt want to!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
Same here. I'd be pretty surprised, too. It's mostly Harry's psychological warfare, methinks.

I didn't dislike Harry before this week, but he really irritates me now. Reminds me of some of the unsavory characters I used to know when I lived in north London.

Odemwingie? not that easy to misread really, dont you think?  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »

Exactly how I feel and what I dread, I'm 51 by the way, when and if we turn a downward corner, I will get nervous, been there before, suffered the pain for many years. :(
Baggie in Southampton

wdbroun

« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
i have got better things to do than make up lies on the internet
It just sounds a bit far-fetched. Unless someone made some kind of temporary name tag, I just don't buy it. I guess I'm just a doubting Thomas.  ;D

Odemwingie? not that easy to misread really, dont you think?  ;)
But it has five of the same letters as "Bosingwa," for example. And maybe it was after the pubs had closed?  ;)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
It just sounds a bit far-fetched. Unless someone made some kind of temporary name tag, I just don't buy it. I guess I'm just a doubting Thomas.  ;D
But it has five of the same letters as "Bosingwa," for example. And maybe it was after the pubs had closed?  ;)

HaHa nice one wd you've convinced me  :D
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
Massive rumours now that QPR will sign Remy.

I think this might cool the Odemwingie talk for a while

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
Remy to QPR should end the Odemwingie rumours. They have Cisse already there so shouldnt need another triker on top of that. As a side note, it is gross that the bottom club with a huge wage bill already can go out and sign 2 French internationals in Loic Remy and Yann MVilla in the same transfer window.
Boing Boing

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
Remy to QPR should end the Odemwingie rumours. They have Cisse already there so shouldnt need another triker on top of that. As a side note, it is gross that the bottom club with a huge wage bill already can go out and sign 2 French internationals in Loic Remy and Yann MVilla in the same transfer window.

I don't consider it gross, however I do hope that they get relegated along with Vile and Reading.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
Cisse has been apparently been told he can leave. Odemwingie and Remy wouldnt be a bad partnership for a team bottom of the league

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
                                A keeper (they have had this one 3months?)

Clint hill

Mvila Derry

Remy Johnson tarabt Odemwingie cisse Zamora mackie

Harry's new formation?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Odemwingie according to sky sports wants to speake to QPR to see what's on offer,we'll I say we value him at 3mill they want him then ask for 5mill simple ,he's 32yrs ,18months left think that would be a good deal . Never been happy good shut once and for all :o