Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844319 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2850 on: February 06, 2019, 11:48:24 PM »
Some positives from tonight.
The excellent Rekeem Harper. Not to be left out Mr Moore
Sam Field growing in stature.
Promising performance from Rayhaan Tulloch.
We get to play Villa before Grealish is fit.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2851 on: February 07, 2019, 12:33:36 AM »
Bottom line is he got it wrong tonight again. Can't help thinking that with better tactics and a few extra minutes for a couple of first teamers, we could have gone through. Back 3 again 2nd half with Bartley, Mears at RWB, Hoolahan up front, subs used too early and Jones appearing to be calling the shots at the end. Unlucky in a sense that their guy didn't get sent off 1st half but who would have guessed, mistakes at the back again. Great to see so many young players on the field but can't get past the fact that they'd get more benefit by still being in the competition and playing again. Playing 3 at the back and sharing the time between Dawson/Hegazi left us short on subs which ended up costing us when HRK got injured.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2852 on: February 07, 2019, 05:37:52 AM »
The scheduled substitutions of Dawson and JRod we’re wrong in my view. I don’t think you should treat a game like that. He got it wrong in my view. Good news is no one is injured.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2853 on: February 07, 2019, 05:59:58 AM »
Moore deserves praise for the chance he is giving the kids a chance in the cup competitions but his subs were poor today. The Dawson for Rodriguez sub was pants and then hooking him for Hegazi. Waste of 2 subs one of which should have seen us get Gayle on.

If we win Saturday at stoke then all will be forgotten overall I think he's working miracles with his hands tied behind his back
O Albion we love you

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2854 on: February 07, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »
Overall last night was nothing more than a glorified training exercise for both teams with little intensity and substitutions planned in advance . As a couple of people have stated I felt there was little desire from us to progress .

If changing the DNA of the club is passing the ball from the goalkeeper around central areas at the back inviting trouble best of luck Darren.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2855 on: February 07, 2019, 08:02:47 AM »
Big Dave will always be an Albion legend in my eyes, you could not wish to meet a more genuine and sincere person. However i am not convinced he is a head coach (I never have been), i do honestly believe that if we had a more experienced manager we would be comfortably in the top 2 now. Big Dave's subs and game management is absolutely abysmal and has cost us points this season which could well be the difference between finishing 3rd and 2nd.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2856 on: February 07, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »
Moore deserves praise for the chance he is giving the kids a chance in the cup competitions but his subs were poor today. The Dawson for Rodriguez sub was pants and then hooking him for Hegazi. Waste of 2 subs one of which should have seen us get Gayle on.

If we win Saturday at stoke then all will be forgotten overall I think he's working miracles with his hands tied behind his back

Really? I think every manager in the league would swap squads with his. One thing he can not point to is the lack of quality at his disposal. He has the players now capable of finishing in the top 2, its down to him to utilise them correctly.

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2857 on: February 07, 2019, 10:18:37 AM »
Unfortunately it’s another example of Darren’s awful in game management. Too many times has he got it wrong this season, those subs last night were a joke and unfair on the likes of Field/Harper who could barely walk at the end.
"You'll never get past Claudio"

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2858 on: February 07, 2019, 10:52:23 AM »
The bit that confuses me with some fans, is one minute Graham Jones is the one running the show, then the next minute DM doesn't have a clue what he's doing with subs etc etc.

Surely if the fans that believe Jones is the 'main man' then isn't it his fault with the subs etc?

For what its worth, I still think DM is doing a good job, he was 5 minutes from going through to the next round last night by playing a very youthful team, albeit for a Bartley/Dawson error, we would still be in the cup.

Say what you want about tactics/subs etc but if Bartley clears that ball instead of trying to control/pass it, then we see the game out.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2859 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:17 PM »
I am staggered by his poor game / squad management last night. If you don't want your first team out there, don't pick them. It's that simple. And then to press on with his pre-planned subs when Rodriguez was the most dangerous player was ridiculous, but bringing Dawson on and changing to a back three killed us - none of those centre halves can play in a three, with the possible exception of Adarabiyio.

And then to use the 4th sub right at the beginning of extra time, before losing Robson-Kanu? He says he couldn't have foreseen that, but the very reason we're given an extra sub in extra time is to prevent that very scenario.

What is really galling me is that he constantly fails to learn from his mistakes. I've mentioned 3 at the back above, but every goal kick going short? It's negligence. Fair enough if the majority go short, but you need some variation in them. As it is teams know they're going short, know our defenders aren't very good ball-to-feet, and so we're under pressure straight away. It's rudimentary, and he's not learning.

I felt he was the wrong man in the summer, but ultimately wanted him to succeed because he was a hero of mine as a player, and it would be what's best for the club. But he has now put an incredible amount of pressure on himself to get a result at Stoke (of all places), and if we drop points against them and Forest it could be curtains for the automatics.

When we got promotion under Megson in 2002, when we won the league under Mowbray in 2008, we went on runs to the quarters and semis respectively. It generated momentum and positivity at a point when the games were coming thick and fast and players were tiring after 30-40 games. Apart from the kids performances, we have very little to show from last night - he's created a rod for his own back.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2860 on: February 07, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
I feel that if we lose this next game he has has to go, he just does not seem to know what to do.  And you don't get anywhere in life by just being nice, sorry Darren it's nearly time.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2861 on: February 07, 2019, 01:02:46 PM »
I've asked the question in another thread but was there some other motive in bringing Rogers on ? Does the fact he's now played senior football make it more difficult or expensive for some other club to poach him ? If so, you could say that it excuses that substitution as keeping him here could be worth a lot to us a year or two down the line, either financially or in having a quality player at our disposal.

Moore did not want extra time last night which influenced the substitutions. We've got 4 league games in 10 days starting Saturday (5 in 2 weeks). He sees Rodriguez, Dawson and Hegazi as key players and made a pre-meditated decision that they would only play 45 mins max. Difficult balancing act.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2862 on: February 07, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »
I feel that if we lose this next game he has has to go, he just does not seem to know what to do.  And you don't get anywhere in life by just being nice, sorry Darren it's nearly time.

Incredible. We would be the laughing stock of all football if we sack Moore after what he has achieved.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2863 on: February 07, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »

Incredible. We would be the laughing stock of all football if we sack Moore after what he has achieved.

Wow! We actually 100% agree.

Well done Jacko you are right at last.  ;D ;)

In all seriousness, staticboy you are incredible, there is no way at this stage that Darren Moore is anywhere near the sack

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2864 on: February 07, 2019, 01:32:53 PM »
I found it interesting last night that in the BBC coverage at the end of the ninety minutes, all the players huddled around Moore and Jones and it looked to me like Jones was delivering tactical instructions to the players while Moore stood and listened not saying a single word throughout. I do wonder how much tactical input Moore actually has, it does seem like Jones runs the show.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2865 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
Maybe Darren is polite so he did not interfere when the players were getting instructions.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2866 on: February 07, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »
Maybe Darren is polite so he did not interfere when the players were getting instructions.

????

Wtf?

He is the head coach. Doesn't want to interfere out of politeness? He is the main man

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2867 on: February 07, 2019, 02:01:59 PM »
I found it interesting last night that in the BBC coverage at the end of the ninety minutes, all the players huddled around Moore and Jones and it looked to me like Jones was delivering tactical instructions to the players while Moore stood and listened not saying a single word throughout. I do wonder how much tactical input Moore actually has, it does seem like Jones runs the show.

Assistants often run through tactics, watch when a sub comes on.

That said I feel the back 3 is very much Jones led, and as the game (down to the subs) was pre-planned like a friendly it didn't need much input from Darren.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2868 on: February 07, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »

Absolutely no chance.

I would bet my house on DM not losing his job before the end of the season.

The only way he loses his job in the summer would be if we exploded now and didn't even make the playoffs, even though I would probably hazard a guess at him still remaining in a job.

DM has dealt with a lot in his time in his first job, steadying a sinking ship that couldn't buy a win in the premier league, dealing with all the chaos in the summer, no club structure, dealing with all the ins and outs, being given a very limited budget to try and mount a promotion challenge, changed the style of play, brought the club together, changed the perception of the club to others, bring back a little bit of pride to be a baggie, has us sitting just off the top 2, 2nd highest scorers in the country, introduced several youth team players into the first team squad.

All that plus more in his first managerial job is incredible. You only have to look at Villa, Stoke, Swansea to see how hard it is to fall on your feet in this league and be challenging straight away.

Give the bloke a bloody break, hes done a great job, he is going to get things wrong of course he is, its his first job, he's learning as he goes. Quite frankly some of the fans who want him sacked, would be better off toddling down the M6 and going to support the Vile.

Anyone would think we are sitting 16th in the club and not having a clue what to do each game.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2869 on: February 07, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »
Great post Mister AT , I agree completely!

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2870 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
Great post Mister AT , I agree completely!

Same here - some people need to get a grip

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2871 on: February 07, 2019, 02:43:30 PM »
Why bother sacking him if Jones is running the show anyway.  ::)

Seriously though, anyone who thinks he is anywhere near the sack need to give their head a wobble! We are stable top 6 with every chance of making top 2 so, for a bloke with a remit of attaining automatic promotion, he is on target.

Moyes and Allardyce are still available though, as is Pardew ffs.

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2872 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
Ha ha I'm so glad I contributed now.
I have just wobbled my head I feel much better now.

I think I'm just frustrated in how we are not spending money on players, have weird substitutions and we cannot play football like fifa on easy level.

Thank you Jacko and Atomic, I am incredible :)

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2873 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:06 PM »
Darren Moore makes decisions some of us on here find baffling. Sometimes those decisions do not have the desired effect of improving the situaton the team is in at any given time. In our wisdom everyone has an opinion on the decisions he makes and then according to their own preconceptions some pass on to others their opinions regarding Darren’s ability to do his job. These brilliant tacticians who always get things right in their own minute little worlds have like myself, no idea of all of the factors influencing DM’s choices. These people are obviously entitled to their opinions, but to immediately and consistently call for the sacking of any Head Coach who has in a short time lifted the club as a whole, including a great deal of its traditional support, changed the playing style, improved the performance of the team and put them in a position to challenge for promotion, is in my opinion childishly reactive and more in line with the attitudes displayed by dogyeds and seals than West Bromwich Albion supporters. If anyone has the time to check back through the posts I would love to know if those who are constantly calling for Moore to be sacked are the same ones over time, who also have often taken against certain players who have served this great club.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2874 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
Absolutely no chance.

I would bet my house on DM not losing his job before the end of the season.

The only way he loses his job in the summer would be if we exploded now and didn't even make the playoffs, even though I would probably hazard a guess at him still remaining in a job.

DM has dealt with a lot in his time in his first job, steadying a sinking ship that couldn't buy a win in the premier league, dealing with all the chaos in the summer, no club structure, dealing with all the ins and outs, being given a very limited budget to try and mount a promotion challenge, changed the style of play, brought the club together, changed the perception of the club to others, bring back a little bit of pride to be a baggie, has us sitting just off the top 2, 2nd highest scorers in the country, introduced several youth team players into the first team squad.

All that plus more in his first managerial job is incredible. You only have to look at Villa, Stoke, Swansea to see how hard it is to fall on your feet in this league and be challenging straight away.

Give the bloke a bloody break, hes done a great job, he is going to get things wrong of course he is, its his first job, he's learning as he goes. Quite frankly some of the fans who want him sacked, would be better off toddling down the M6 and going to support the Vile.

Anyone would think we are sitting 16th in the club and not having a clue what to do each game.

Great post!.Why some people on here think we have the divine right to win the Championship is beyond me. Give him the season to show what he can do.