Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123626 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4025 on: November 11, 2018, 10:20:55 PM »
Hope he does well so that Newcastle keep him and we keep Gayle.
I know which one I would sooner have.

Well we have a habbit of holding on to players for too long so we need him to do well or else we will get peanuts for him.
Gayle we should be in for regardless of league we find ourselves in and even if we don't sell Rondon.

Ironically how we played yesterday would suit Rondon as the focal point with pacey players off him
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4026 on: November 12, 2018, 08:23:40 AM »
Surprised it has taken him this long to get going. Newcastle fans and mesia lauding his performance, but Benitez just hasn't trusted him. Hoping he goes on a bitnof a run now. 3 goals so fsr this season in mid November isn't enough for us to recouo our outlay on him. Need him to hit a purple patch now.
Boing Boing

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4027 on: November 12, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »
Well we have a habbit of holding on to players for too long so we need him to do well or else we will get peanuts for him.
Gayle we should be in for regardless of league we find ourselves in and even if we don't sell Rondon.

Ironically how we played yesterday would suit Rondon as the focal point with pacey players off him

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh  ;)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4028 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:58 AM »
I think a large part of us being able to get Gayle on a perm will depend on how Rondon performs.

Cant see Newcastle agreeing to sell Gayle if Rondon only scores say 4 goals all season as they will probably be looking elsewhere.

If Rondon does well, the likelihood of us getting Gayle increases.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4029 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:31 AM »
I think a large part of us being able to get Gayle on a perm will depend on how Rondon performs.

Cant see Newcastle agreeing to sell Gayle if Rondon only scores say 4 goals all season as they will probably be looking elsewhere.

If Rondon does well, the likelihood of us getting Gayle increases.

I generally don't look any farther than next week, but if we are successful then my preference would be to have Gayle AND Rondon in the squad together for next season, although I understand that is highly unlikely under any circumstances.   I had just mentioned to a colleague at work that Rondon would have loved playing in Moore's team on Saturday!  Playing under TP he was usually up against 2 defenders battling the ball, and on the odd occasion he did win it would look up and not have another player within 30 yards.  HRK did very well on Saturday, and I was utterly delighted to be proven wrong.....but he was always part of three (and sometimes 4 with Phillips) players going directly at the defence once the ball dropped.  Also, apart from getting to see him play in an attacking team, I would take him back as he all always seemed like a good team man and a nice fella to boot.     

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:35:13 AM by Oldbury24 »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4030 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:24 PM »
Surprised it has taken him this long to get going. Newcastle fans and mesia lauding his performance, but Benitez just hasn't trusted him. Hoping he goes on a bitnof a run now. 3 goals so fsr this season in mid November isn't enough for us to recouo our outlay on him. Need him to hit a purple patch now.

Don't think it had much to do with Benitez not trusting him, he's only just come back from 5 games out with injury. A lack of fitness/match fitness was cited as well.

I'd be surprised if he manages more than 9 goals.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4031 on: November 12, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Don't think it had much to do with Benitez not trusting him, he's only just come back from 5 games out with injury. A lack of fitness/match fitness was cited as well.

I'd be surprised if he manages more than 9 goals.

Agree. I hope he does well as he's a really nice bloke - but his finishing isn't was never great which is what held him back.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4032 on: November 12, 2018, 03:49:53 PM »
I never rate a striker who is bad at penalties and actively avoids taking them.

A relatively easy option to increase their goal tally is taken up by hungry strikers.

And if you are not good at them stay behind after training and improve your technique.

He may run around a lot but he is not a good striker, bang average at best imo.

We will see next summer MJ's insistence on a £18m fee instead of straight swap for Gayle was the right option.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4033 on: November 13, 2018, 07:45:07 AM »
I never rate a striker who is bad at penalties and actively avoids taking them.

A relatively easy option to increase their goal tally is taken up by hungry strikers.

And if you are not good at them stay behind after training and improve your technique.

He may run around a lot but he is not a good striker, bang average at best imo.

We will see next summer MJ's insistence on a £18m fee instead of straight swap for Gayle was the right option.

How so? Newcastle will never pay £18 for Rondon and we will have him back for the last year of his contract and Newcastle will get Gayle back.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4034 on: November 13, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »
How so? Newcastle will never pay £18 for Rondon and we will have him back for the last year of his contract and Newcastle will get Gayle back.

Best hope for us is he has a landmark season and bangs a few goals in for them, £18m minimum then.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4035 on: November 13, 2018, 08:15:13 AM »
Best hope for us is he has a landmark season and bangs a few goals in for them, £18m minimum then.

That's what I am hoping for, just can't see it happening.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4036 on: November 15, 2018, 03:52:58 AM »
Class player hope he returns at the end of the season.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4037 on: November 15, 2018, 07:42:33 AM »
Class player hope he returns at the end of the season.

Why? If he returns to us it will most likely mean he failed at Newcastle.
 If he is successful at Newcastle then I'm sure the owners (whoever that may be) will stump up the money for him if only to keep the manager (Benitez or whoever) happy and show some intent to supporters.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4038 on: November 15, 2018, 11:32:54 AM »
 If he is successful at Newcastle then I'm sure the owners (whoever that may be) will stump up the money for him if only to keep the manager (Benitez or whoever) happy and show some intent to supporters.

Even if he has a good season and keeps them up, under Ashley there will be no guarantee of a sale as we will then be holding out for the £18 million or whatever it is.  It's been well publicised that he doesn't see this as a good investment on a 29 year old and he doesn't give a tuppeny bit about the fans.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4039 on: November 15, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Even if he has a good season and keeps them up, under Ashley there will be no guarantee of a sale as we will then be holding out for the £18 million or whatever it is.  It's been well publicised that he doesn't see this as a good investment on a 29 year old and he doesn't give a tuppeny bit about the fans.

That is true but Ashley has the club up for sale and I would imagine a deal will be done before the end of the season, so you'd think that the new owners would want to build bridges with fans and try to win them over (free drinks and scarfs!). IF Rondon has a successful season and scores around 15 goals then I think they would want to buy him regardless of his age. We might want £18M+ for Rondon but I'm sure we'd try and negotiate something where Gayle would be part of the deal (IF he continues to score and wants to stay).

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4040 on: November 15, 2018, 12:10:24 PM »
With Rondon coming into his last year of his contract (in the summer) I cannot imagine us wanting 18million for him or clubs paying that.

I imagine he would be sold for around the 10-12million max.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4041 on: November 15, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »
Can we not try for a straight swap at the next opportunity? It may be a gamble but one I feel is worth taking.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4042 on: November 15, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
With Rondon coming into his last year of his contract (in the summer) I cannot imagine us wanting 18million for him or clubs paying that.

I imagine he would be sold for around the 10-12million max.

You are probably right regarding the fee but IF Rondon does manage to score enough goals for Newcastle to be interested then I think they would pay around £16-18M as they would struggle to get a replacement for the same kind of money. Also IF he scores a decent amount I would imagine other clubs would show an interest and that could lead to a bidding war.

A lot of "IFs" I know, and I doubt he will score more than 9, but it is a feasible scenario.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4043 on: November 15, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »
I wish him luck, but I hope i never see him in an Albion shirt again. Just hope we can keep Gayle.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4044 on: November 17, 2018, 07:26:54 AM »
I wish him luck, but I hope i never see him in an Albion shirt again. Just hope we can keep Gayle.

My sentiments exactly
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4045 on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:28 PM »

Doesn't mean we have to sell him though does it.
Happy either way.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:18:52 PM by MarkW »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4046 on: November 18, 2018, 07:57:35 PM »
I think it makes sense to make both Rondon & Gayle's moves permanent in January. Free transfers both ways and we all walk away. Mitigates the risk of arguing about it all next summer and losing Gayle.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4047 on: November 18, 2018, 11:12:31 PM »
I think it makes sense to make both Rondon & Gayle's moves permanent in January. Free transfers both ways and we all walk away. Mitigates the risk of arguing about it all next summer and losing Gayle.
If only we could

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4048 on: November 19, 2018, 08:06:14 AM »
Doesn't mean we have to sell him though does it.
Happy either way.

No it doesn't but the comments he made at the start of his loan suggests he sees his time here as over, so what would be the point?

Also if Newcastle decide not to buy him it will most likely point to him having a disappointing season with them, why would we not try and sell?

Why would you be happy to have an under-performing player back?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4049 on: November 19, 2018, 09:23:27 AM »
No it doesn't but the comments he made at the start of his loan suggests he sees his time here as over, so what would be the point?

Also if Newcastle decide not to buy him it will most likely point to him having a disappointing season with them, why would we not try and sell?

Why would you be happy to have an under-performing player back?

Time will tell at Newcastle as to whether he is a success with them. Certainly the two goals in the last game have helped him. However, in the highly unlikely event that we do get promoted this year, would you really want to rely on Rondon up front for the new season? I wouldn't, I have seen enough of Gayle to think that he deserves the chance.........IMO having Rondon back would be a backward step 

I can fully understand Newcastle wanting Gayle back, particularly if they go down, but if there is the remotest chance of getting him......
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:55:52 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!