Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 725130 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2019, 10:51:15 PM »
Maybe the board could be given a list of 8 possible managers and asked yes/no for each, and if none of them got more than 50% they could come back on Monday...

I'd rather we just crashed out with no manager...  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #901 on: March 27, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »
 ;D I am going to cause controversy here but I reckon Shan can do the job,especially if we stay in the Chumps.

He knows the Club and will bring the kids through like Harper,Leko,Edwards and Field.

If we go up keep him as a first team coach and bring in a good "foreign" manager,with refreshing ideas...not the "deadpan" British regulars, we seem to give starts to.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #902 on: March 27, 2019, 11:54:09 PM »
;D I am going to cause controversy here but I reckon Shan can do the job,especially if we stay in the Chumps.

He knows the Club and will bring the kids through like Harper,Leko,Edwards and Field.

If we go up keep him as a first team coach and bring in a good "foreign" manager,with refreshing ideas...not the "deadpan" British regulars, we seem to give starts to.

May as well have kept Big Dave, then!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #903 on: March 28, 2019, 12:32:51 AM »
I have a great idea, I think we should have indicative voting on who should be our next Head Coach, well perhaps not. I’ll get we coot  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #904 on: March 28, 2019, 06:35:34 AM »
Reeling off how many managers we've had and of those how many we've had to dismiss because they have been found wanting seems a good argument for not making a new appointment in haste and waiting until the end of the season when a good manager is more likely to be persuaded out his current post.

That's 100% correct.
The only down side is that we all know we always go for cheap and cheerful.
I think the last manager we had that was already employed was DiMatteo.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #905 on: March 28, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »

I'd rather we just crashed out with no manager...  ;D
Any Norwegian managers out there? Or maybe even Canadian?;)

Oslobaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #906 on: March 28, 2019, 07:56:45 AM »
Tom Nordli is the Norwegian Tony Pulis. But he is empoyed at Skeid Oslo so I think we have to pay a release fee.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #907 on: March 28, 2019, 09:02:33 AM »
May as well have kept Big Dave, then!

No. DM was clueless. Shan is a better option as he understands the importance of organising a defence.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
We got away with changing managers so much for a while when we had consistent coaches in the background. If the club go back to this approach then that's ok with me. It's us lurching from one person to another who brings in a whole new team each time and then starting again from scratch each time which is just plain stupid...................(we did this three times in one year - Pulis/ Pardew/ Moore!!!)

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »
I’m becoming more convinced by the no show of a new manager yet, we were hoping for Wagner and because of his HTFC contract conditions we’re trying to hold out til the summer now.. with odds of 22/1 tempting

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2019, 11:27:59 AM »

thought the same when Darren was appointed but senior players got their hands on him.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
I really hope we are not holding out for Wagner. His football is as bad as that of Mr. Pulis. If we were holding out for anyone you would hope it to be SJ, but I cannot see him taking over with us in the Championship and set to lose our best players.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »
No. DM was clueless. Shan is a better option as he understands the importance of organising a defence.

Does he though? Or is he just letting the players do what they want / are comfortable with, on the basis that he's a short term stop-gap?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
Does he though? Or is he just letting the players do what they want / are comfortable with, on the basis that he's a short term stop-gap?

Think you are close to the truth ther FallOut, there will be a short feel good factor with the appointment [if he does get the gig] then the inevitable will happen....again.

I am seriously losing the will to live with this club and board......
MAGA!

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #914 on: March 28, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »

Yes he does that’s why mid table Swansea would have scored 5 If Johnstone hadn’t been in fine form .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #915 on: March 28, 2019, 02:02:12 PM »
Yes he does that’s why mid table Swansea would have scored 5 If Johnstone hadn’t been in fine form .

Said that before Mo, if they had bought their shooting boots on we would have lost that. Many think it was a good win, but I beg to differ, we were very lucky.....
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #916 on: March 28, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »
We rode our luck v Swansea but a win's a win and we're not giving the points back. Took our chances and they didn't, tough, we move on. Blues up next so let's hope for a much improved performance over the thing we churned out at their place with a view to getting another three points. COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #917 on: March 28, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
Well, here’s an interesting theory for our owner and board of directors to ponder concerning our next Head Coach appointment, Occam’s Razor

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

So, stick or twist?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GrumpyBaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #918 on: March 28, 2019, 07:21:11 PM »
I think those expecting a quick appointment of a new manager are in for a disappontment.  I presume that Lai demanded heads should roll last week, so Jenkins wielded the axe before it occurred to him that we probably need to think about looking for a new manager rather than promoting internally. 
If they have even finalised a shortlist yet I would be amazed, and I do not expect a new manager to be announced much before the end of the next pointless international break.  I also do not expect him to be one of the top five bookies favourites.

Ok, I got it wrong again, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!  It was obviously ridiculous to expect a decision in such a short period of time.  Ii now seems likely that they will wait until Shan loses a game or two, and then appoint some even more junior coach.  but then again....

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #919 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:09 AM »
Well, here’s an interesting theory for our owner and board of directors to ponder concerning our next Head Coach appointment, Occam’s Razor

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

So, stick or twist?

Twist. There are a lot of assumptions to be made that somebody can step up. Shan has the disadvantage of coming after Moore so fans and the board will be cagey about inexperience. For me all roads should lead to Jokanovich. Proven at this level. Failed in his first Premier League attempt but we must look at objective number 1 - promotion!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: March 29, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
Shan says he wants the job, provided "it is right for the club" and Super Kev wants in as a coach. Both quoted in Mail today.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #921 on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:48 AM »
Twist. There are a lot of assumptions to be made that somebody can step up. Shan has the disadvantage of coming after Moore so fans and the board will be cagey about inexperience. For me all roads should lead to Jokanovich. Proven at this level. Failed in his first Premier League attempt but we must look at objective number 1 - promotion!

I fully agree with you lewisant on all your points, but I think you already have worked that out  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #922 on: March 29, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »

But they scored ZERO.

How many goals have we conceded in the 2 games he's been in charge? How many back to back clean sheets did DM have all season? It's not rocket science to see that Shan places more importance on the defensive side of things and that Moore was tactically inept.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #923 on: March 29, 2019, 08:13:00 PM »
Geezer on Sky Sports said Alex Neil is number 1 target but then it's sky sports so take it with a pinch of salt

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
But they scored ZERO.

How many goals have we conceded in the 2 games he's been in charge? How many back to back clean sheets did DM have all season? It's not rocket science to see that Shan places more importance on the defensive side of things and that Moore was tactically inept.
2 tonight
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP