Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129247 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang
« Reply #4500 on: July 19, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »
Buena suerte soloman y gracias
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4501 on: July 19, 2019, 08:57:59 AM »
28 goals in 120 games tells the story really.

never a fan of his but he always give it 100%.

Good luck Salomon !

Not the best goalscoring record but always had a tough task in a Pulis team as his support tended to be 30-40yards away from him.

Bizarre move to go to China when his stock was quite high after a good season at Newcastle, I think the fact that no one was willing to match the release clause in this country tells its own story.

Good luck to the lad.

Hopefully this triggers some incomings now.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4502 on: July 19, 2019, 08:59:33 AM »
China were offering him 150k pw apparently so best deal for him and us financially. Good luck Sol.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4503 on: July 19, 2019, 09:02:35 AM »
28 goals in 120 games tells the story really.

never a fan of his but he always give it 100%.

Good luck Salomon !

Judging any striker on his goal return in a Pulis team is pointless - I'm fairly certain Rondon was the first player who hit double figures under him in over 10 years.

I'll miss him. We never saw the best of him, and I think Newcastle did.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4504 on: July 19, 2019, 09:05:01 AM »
Not the best goalscoring record but always had a tough task in a Pulis team as his support tended to be 30-40yards away from him.

Bizarre move to go to China when his stock was quite high after a good season at Newcastle, I think the fact that no one was willing to match the release clause in this country tells its own story.

Good luck to the lad.
Hopefully this triggers some incomings now.

i know what you are saying, but after seeing him in so many games home and away in my opinion i had lost count of games i have walked out afterwards and thinking how many chances did he have and not score. When he was in the mood he was a handful but felt that happened 1 in 4 games. a lot of fans thought he would score a lot more for Newcastle due to playing in a pulis team but only scored 2 more than his best season for us.

if we have got anything over £12m then its good business by Albion.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4505 on: July 19, 2019, 09:08:14 AM »
Judging any striker on his goal return in a Pulis team is pointless - I'm fairly certain Rondon was the first player who hit double figures under him in over 10 years.

I'll miss him. We never saw the best of him, and I think Newcastle did.

Respect your opinion, but i completely disagree. he never scored double figures in the premier league for us, his best tally was 9 and like my earlier comment, a lot of albion thought he would achieve his potential and score more for Newcastle due to not being in a pulis team, but yet only scored 2 more. again, i lost count how many games i watched him in a pulis team and he would still have 3 good chances a game and would miss them all.  he was very rarely in the mood in my opinion.

no one in the UK has really come in for him anyway which tells a story in itself.

best of luck to him but its good business by Albion.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4506 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
Wish him all the best. Work his socks off every game but unfortunately most of his time was playing under Pulis.

Also a great human being. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I26ePHw7gLk

The PRIDE of midlands

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4507 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »
From his parting message he sounds like he much preferred his season at NUFC over playing under Pulis for years.

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4508 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:38 AM »
I think he tried, had his moments and ultimately came up short. But that's all in the past now.

As a side note though, is anyone else a little annoyed at his leaving statement? May be petty, but surely he should be thanking US first and Newcastle second. We gave him his initial chance(s) etc.....surely his one single season (on loan I might add) should be secondary. Not sure if that's just my opinion or if anyone else picked up on that small point.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4510 on: July 19, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »
I think he tried, had his moments and ultimately came up short. But that's all in the past now.

As a side note though, is anyone else a little annoyed at his leaving statement? May be petty, but surely he should be thanking US first and Newcastle second. We gave him his initial chance(s) etc.....surely his one single season (on loan I might add) should be secondary. Not sure if that's just my opinion or if anyone else picked up on that small point.
https://twitter.com/salorondon23/status/1026513417853693953
He made his leaving statement to us last summer.
The PRIDE of midlands

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4511 on: July 19, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
I know footballers are known for being selfish, but he really stands out to me as a selfish person. His leaving statement stinks and I for one am glad he's gone.

Did very little for us, although I appreciate the management in place weren't doing him any good, but still didn't reach the glory that some make out he did. He didn't help us in our relegation season and then left. Don't need snakes.

Bye.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4512 on: July 19, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »
From his parting message he sounds like he much preferred his season at NUFC over playing under Pulis for years.

You are probably right there, and who could blame him....
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4513 on: July 19, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
I know footballers are known for being selfish, but he really stands out to me as a selfish person. His leaving statement stinks and I for one am glad he's gone.

Did very little for us, although I appreciate the management in place weren't doing him any good, but still didn't reach the glory that some make out he did. He didn't help us in our relegation season and then left. Don't need snakes.

Bye.

Selfish?
He's done what anyone else would do, gone to another employer who's paying him double what he was getting here.
Good luck to him I've got no axe to grind with him.
He's been, he's played, he's gone like many before and many after.
Personally I'm only interested in those that are here, those that want to go..........Taraaaaaaa
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4514 on: July 19, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
Selfish?
He's done what anyone else would do, gone to another employer who's paying him double what he was getting here.
Good luck to him I've got no axe to grind with him.
He's been, he's played, he's gone like many before and many after.
Personally I'm only interested in those that are here, those that want to go..........Taraaaaaaa

Yeah selfish. If he wanted more cash then he shouldn't have signed a contract with us in the first place and gone to someone offering him more money instead. Oh wait they didnt. He only left us when we dropped, which most of the team didn't do. That's my issue with him.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4515 on: July 19, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »
Yeah selfish. If he wanted more cash then he shouldn't have signed a contract with us in the first place and gone to someone offering him more money instead. Oh wait they didnt. He only left us when we dropped, which most of the team didn't do. That's my issue with him.
Im almost certain that due to no flexdown in his deal the urge to move on wasn’t a one sided thing. Albion simply couldn’t afford to keep him.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4516 on: July 19, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

We couldn't afford to keep him.
The fact that he's gone will help the team rebuild.
If your going to get upset every time this happens I suggest you book into to see a councilor
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4517 on: July 19, 2019, 09:54:41 AM »
Quite telling that no Prem or European club were willing to pay the fairly modest release clause for him.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4518 on: July 19, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »
good luck Sal,
Quality player and human being, who sadly got Pulised.

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4519 on: July 19, 2019, 09:57:25 AM »
As others have said this money coming in will be more useful to us now than keeping him. The swap with Gayle very nearly paid off for us last season and to be able to recoup what we spent on him is excellent given how we will make a loss on the likes of Burke when he moves on.

Worked hard, didn't suit Pulis' ball and did better elsewhere. We wanted his wages off the books last year so him 'abandoning' us is a load of rubbish. If he'd stayed with us last season we'd not have had Gayle's goals or been where we were and he raised his stock and kept his value by performing well elsewhere - ensuring we can sell for a good price. Actually a win-win situation for us all.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4520 on: July 19, 2019, 09:59:39 AM »
We couldn't afford to keep him.
The fact that he's gone will help the team rebuild.
If your going to get upset every time this happens I suggest you book into to see a councilor

I have had counselling/therapy for depression cheers. But I don't see how that links to posting my disappointment at one player leaving who I feel has been very average for us.

And as others have posted, it's interesting that no PL or European clubs came in for him, they clearly don't think he's worth it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4521 on: July 19, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
hadn't his release clause already lapsed ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4522 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »

Bye.

I'm with you on this one. What finally did it for me with Rondon was when him and Saido were sniggering and talking to each other whilst covering their mouths from the cameras, after the game at The Hawthorns when Saido came back with Stoke. It made my blood boil watching the pair of them. They obviously weren't just wishing each other well and saying how pleased they were to see each other were they. Pair of first class bell ends and absolute snakes.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4523 on: July 19, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
I don't know why people are going on about Pulis.  Pulis signed him from Russia, he got 4 years in the Prem and now has his big money move.  It's not like his career has gone badly is it?

I'd have more sympathy if he had gone to Newcastle and banged in 20 goals, but he scored 2 more than his best season for us.  And Newcastle fans voted him player of the season so it's not like his performances under Pulis were that far behind his performance for newcastle.

I liked the guy but he missed too many good chances.  If you look at his Prem stats, overall he's quite similar to Perez...

140 appearances to 143
35 goals to 33
333 shots to 226
105 shots on target to 92
32% accurance to 41%
31 Big chances missed to 19

Can you work out which one is Rondon?

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4524 on: July 19, 2019, 11:19:59 AM »
I don't know why people are going on about Pulis.  Pulis signed him from Russia, he got 4 years in the Prem and now has his big money move.  It's not like his career has gone badly is it?

I'd have more sympathy if he had gone to Newcastle and banged in 20 goals, but he scored 2 more than his best season for us.  And Newcastle fans voted him player of the season so it's not like his performances under Pulis were that far behind his performance for newcastle.

I liked the guy but he missed too many good chances.  If you look at his Prem stats, overall he's quite similar to Perez...

140 appearances to 143
35 goals to 33
333 shots to 226
105 shots on target to 92
32% accurance to 41%
31 Big chances missed to 19

Can you work out which one is Rondon?

Exactly, i would say Rondon is the first set of stats.

i just think he was a poor striker really and the stats dont lie.