Poll

If you have attended less games than "normal", what is the main reason?

The cost of attending
38 (14.2%)
Style of football
163 (60.8%)
Not convinced that we will win
7 (2.6%)
Atmosphere in ground
23 (8.6%)
The beer is Carlsberg and I often get a thumb print in my pie
11 (4.1%)
Other
26 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 268

Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 143916 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Attendance
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »

not doing Sharm el this time then :)

A ridiculously convoluted route via Milan is virtually the only sensible way to get there so no, we're trying Ayia Napa this year.

Will watch the first half in the airport!!
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2016, 08:09:37 PM »
A ridiculously convoluted route via Milan is virtually the only sensible way to get there so no, we're trying Ayia Napa this year.

Will watch the first half in the airport!!
I am sticking with Benidorm!  8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2016, 11:31:50 AM »
Hope you haven't paid full price yet, see the ticket thread, £10 tickets available
Mate you are a star just saved me some money!!! Luckily delayed getting tickets until this morning!!!!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »
Mate you are a star just saved me some money!!! Luckily delayed getting tickets until this morning!!!!

I'll have a carling when you're ready  :D
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2016, 07:12:11 AM »
Firstly we have never commanded large attendance's and I think this has some bearing on the empty seats. We are in a large catchment area but how many Albion fans are out there ? You would like to think for such a small ground if one can could not make the match another one would take his ticket, but this probably another talking point. I remember years ago people could not get into the Valencia mid week game and on the Saturday for the league game we had 19000. I am a season ticket holder and love the Albion and can understand everyone's view point, but what's my view ?
At the moment I hate it, the style is terrible but I don't think our players are good enough either. It worry's me why players do not want to sign for us, but I can guess why. I can only bear this type of football if we win, but as season ticket holder I want to come to the Hawthorns and watch a good game of football with us winning more times than we lose. Sitting in the middle of the Brummie is also depressing, the atmosphere is rubbish. We need passionate fans backing the team, yes the team are not doing their bit but we should be doing ours, regardless. The empty seats are a depressing sight, but you will not see mine empty for the foreseeable future.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »
Can see Attendances dropping big time.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Shocking crowd again considering it was kids for a quid.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »
Shocking crowd again considering it was kids for a quid.
Looked a lot more than last week
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
Does anybody know what the announced 'attendance' was? It looked like there were less empty seats on TV.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »
Does anybody know what the announced 'attendance' was? It looked like there were less empty seats on TV.
The official website says 23,690, so a few more than against Everton. As I recall, baggiejohn predicted 26,500.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
The official website says 23,690, so a few more than against Everton. As I recall, baggiejohn predicted 26,500.

I did indeed, & there were a lot more there today than at the Everton game, gaps in the lower brummie were nowhere near as evident. I made my prediction based on tickets unsold: there were circa 2700 at 20:00 last night compared with over 4000 for the Everton game. On the other hand the away end was only 3/4 full today & pretty well full up for the Everton match.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »
Lots of people leaving before the end today

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2016, 10:00:00 PM »
did look more there today but a lot of season ticket holders by me didn't renew . 80th minute onwards fans where steaming out .

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2016, 07:07:51 AM »
From my view up the back of the Smethwick I'd have guessed numbers were about the same if not a few fewer yesterday! Once again the club include all season tickets if they turn up or not in their numbers and I thought there were lots more individual spaces dotted around free than last week but the usually empty blocks of seats in the unpopular corners were slightly fuller and almost all with kids there for a quid.
I guess if you are a ST holder and wanted to take a kid or two then you would have had to give up your regular seat and move to a block with spaces.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2016, 07:38:57 AM »
From my view up the back of the Smethwick I'd have guessed numbers were about the same if not a few fewer yesterday! Once again the club include all season tickets if they turn up or not in their numbers and I thought there were lots more individual spaces dotted around free than last week but the usually empty blocks of seats in the unpopular corners were slightly fuller and almost all with kids there for a quid.
I guess if you are a ST holder and wanted to take a kid or two then you would have had to give up your regular seat and move to a block with spaces.
It's hard to imagine that any kids who get their first taste of Albion yesterday will be wanting to go again any time soon.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »
It's hard to imagine that any kids who get their first taste of Albion yesterday will be wanting to go again any time soon.
My next door neighbour took his two young boys down yesterday for their first ever football match, and both the kids and the father enjoyed the whole experience not just the game and will be attending in the near future, lovely to hear a Man U fan say the club is run really well in and outside the ground.

How that for a bit of good news instead of doom and gloom.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »
My next door neighbour took his two young boys down yesterday for their first ever football match, and both the kids and the father enjoyed the whole experience not just the game and will be attending in the near future, lovely to hear a Man U fan say the club is run really well in and outside the ground.

How that for a bit of good news instead of doom and gloom.

Agree Kev, I really enjoyed yesterday, the atmosphere was terrific, at least it was until the loony left stated booing Saido, then it turned a bit sour, but hey we've paid our money & we can do what we like.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »
Agree Kev, I really enjoyed yesterday, the atmosphere was terrific, at least it was until the loony left stated booing Saido, then it turned a bit sour, but hey we've paid our money & we can do what we like.

Sorry, were you at The Hawthorns or elsewhere? The atmosphere yesterday was far from terrific! It was incredibly flat, you could hear a pin drop at times.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
Freddy Mercury at the back of the Smethwick was a personal highlight

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2016, 05:13:04 AM »
Freddy Mercury at the back of the Smethwick was a personal highlight

He must have been roasting with that wig and high viz jacket on  :) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »
Saturday was our lowest attendance for a home game at 3pm on a Saturday since we've been in the Premier League. Something needs to change.

Only Premier League side in the area, with thousands of empty seats.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2016, 10:56:05 AM »
Saturday was our lowest attendance for a home game at 3pm on a Saturday since we've been in the Premier League. Something needs to change.

Keep saying - winning will bring them back.

[/email]]http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/09/20/west-broms-decision-over-stoke-tickets-labelled-cautious/[email][/email]

The Baggies were only offered two options for the Bet365 Stadium – 1,600 seats or 2,900.

Having taken the smaller option they were given until 1.30pm on August 31 to decide whether they wanted to upgrade.

At that point, the club had sold 752 tickets, less than half of the initial allocation, and so decided against taking another 1,300 on and risk losing £39,000 if they weren’t sold.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »

According to a lot of people we need to increase capacity  :-\ lol

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

Not sure about that, but we could do with some big flags to cover the empty seats  :o

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »
Well Bristol city have currently increased their ground capacity to 28,000 ,but according to some they are a big city club and we are only a town . Also according to some every new addition to the premier league are bigger than us 'little old 'Albion'