Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 272099 times)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Grady Diangana (on loan from West Ham)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
He’s a good player but so far I rate Barnes more. Also, the loss of Barnes was so devastating because we had nobody like him in the team whereas we have good strength in depth on the wings.

Obviously, given what we’ve seen I’d really like us to keep him, but I don’t think his loss would be as dramatic as Barnes last year.

Saying that it wasn’t just the loss of Barnes that hurt us - we pretty much lost Phillips for the second half of the season too, and we can’t rule out that happening again this year.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »
of course, what made you think he couldn’t?

Krovinović Doesn’t have any recall option the same with Pereira. Both of them can’t be recalled so I was hoping the deal was the same as theirs . Pretty sure Willock can be recalled the same as Diangana

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2019, 11:26:08 PM »
 ;D Lets enjoy his football while we have him. He is a West Ham player.....but pleased as punch we have got him for a short time regardless if he goes back in January. :D :D

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »
He’s a good player but so far I rate Barnes more. Also, the loss of Barnes was so devastating because we had nobody like him in the team whereas we have good strength in depth on the wings.

Obviously, given what we’ve seen I’d really like us to keep him, but I don’t think his loss would be as dramatic as Barnes last year.

Saying that it wasn’t just the loss of Barnes that hurt us - we pretty much lost Phillips for the second half of the season too, and we can’t rule out that happening again this year.

It wasn't the loss of Barnes itself that was damaging, it was the failure to bring in a decent replacement. As we have seen over the last month or so, there are plenty of other talented players out there. If Diangana was recalled I suspect Bilic will have other players on his radar ready to bring in as a replacement.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »
If West Ham manage to stay in the top 8 or 10 up to January then I doubt they will recall him.

I'm just going to carry on enjoying watching him play and hopefully scoring more goals.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
If West Ham manage to stay in the top 8 or 10 up to January then I doubt they will recall him.

I'm just going to carry on enjoying watching him play and hopefully scoring more goals.

I agree with this. If you watch him closely it is clear, even at our level, that he is not the finished article. With that in mind a season with us where he is involved in upwards of 35 games will be the best possible education available to him at present. Should West Ham struggle however, it could be different. 

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »

On the flip side they might then want him back for a europa push
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
On the flip side they might then want him back for a europa push

Antonio out injured until February, I bet Pellegrini calls him back as cover at least
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 01:44:18 PM »
I wonder if there is any chance of buying him, or whether financially it would be out of our reach.  The bloke has fantastic dribbling skill taking on 2 or 3 defenders at a time and coming away with the ball. Must be a nightmare to defend against. And his finish v Blackburn showed top composure.
If West Ham are well endowed with forwards, maybe they can afford to let him go.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »
I think we have a chance if we go up. Can't see the lad coming down to the Champo on a permanent deal myself.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »
I wonder if there is any chance of buying him, or whether financially it would be out of our reach.  The bloke has fantastic dribbling skill taking on 2 or 3 defenders at a time and coming away with the ball. Must be a nightmare to defend against. And his finish v Blackburn showed top composure.
If West Ham are well endowed with forwards, maybe they can afford to let him go.

I think it was made clear when he signed that he was here for time on the pitch, for development, rather than putting him in the shop window for us or anyone else. The Wham fans are very much expecting him back. We just have to enjoy his work while he is here.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
I have my faith in Slaven turning on the charm with his former club to keep him until the end of the season.

Credit to the backroom staff for getting Grady and all of the others during this window. Having read other teams forums, they all acknowledge that we have done some unbelievably shrewd business.
MAGA!

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »
The Wham fans are very much expecting him back. We just have to enjoy his work while he is here.

Just make sure to wake me up before he go-goes. Great in space but also once he gets into the box; no matter how tight the space he is a real danger. Great control and people terrified that they may miss the ball and concede a penalty.
Also love that we have the quality of Edwards competing, along with Phillips and Perreira. Means we can regularly bring on fresh legs or make a switch if one player is struggling; which has been a key factor in our success to date.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2019, 04:26:50 PM »
Hope it's not like Last Christmas, when we lost Barnes. Can't keep letting these Young Guns go.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
Hope it's not like Last Christmas, when we lost Barnes. Can't keep letting these Young Guns go.
not exactly like we have a choice, they aren’t ours!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2019, 05:20:10 PM »
The club are fully aware of what can happen and, in my opinion, they, correctly, take the chance
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2019, 05:30:28 PM »

*whoosh*  ;D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »

When these lads skills take us to the edge of heaven it would be nice if the club had the freedom to retain their services or even better the players coming out and saying I'm your man.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2019, 05:52:27 PM »
I think it was made clear when he signed that he was here for time on the pitch, for development, rather than putting him in the shop window for us or anyone else. The Wham fans are very much expecting him back. We just have to enjoy his work while he is here.
yes, I'd say our chances of getting him permanently range from zero to zero, unless we go up and WHam go down

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2019, 06:21:27 PM »
Hope the knock wasn’t anything too serious. We were certainly weaker attacking wise when he went off.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2019, 07:36:29 PM »
Hope the knock wasn’t anything too serious. We were certainly weaker attacking wise when he went off.

More than likely taken off just as a precaution, he went and sat on the bench straight away.... if anything serious he would have went straight down the tunnel I’d imagine.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
yes, I'd say our chances of getting him permanently range from zero to zero, unless we go up and WHam go down
I am pretty sure that he would like to stay with a "winning" team.
This goes a long long way.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2019, 09:21:38 PM »
He was limping before half time. Obviously tried to run it off after half time but couldn't. Hopefully get it sorted over the break.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »

When these lads skills take us to the edge of heaven it would be nice if the club had the freedom to retain their services or even better the players coming out and saying I'm your man.

Hope he turns a different corner and recovers from his knock. Praying for time over the international break so he will be back soon.
Baggie Down Under 🙃

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »
The only positive to having this international break is the time it gives Grady to recover, I'm assuming its nothing too serious given he went to sit on the bench rather than going straight down the tunnel. He looks to be one of those that will only get better the more experience he gets in the first team.