Author Topic: Anyone else frustrated?  (Read 275026 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anyone else frustrated?
« Reply #1100 on: September 01, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
On the plus side if Pulis can grind out the usual 1-0s and we stay up then we have a lot of money to spend in the January window and/or next summer.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1101 on: September 01, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
Thinking about Johnny Rotten's quote at the the end of the Sex Pistols US tour all those years ago.

'Ever get the feeling you've been cheated'.

Supposedly bidding for all these big names and ending up with none of them. The reason we never got them was the club never came close to offering the right money only what they wanted to pay but will happily tell supporters 'we made offers but couldnt come to an agreement'.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1102 on: September 01, 2016, 02:35:04 PM »
Just a few points I feel I have to raise.

For the last few weeks, i've heard some really silly excuses on this forum for why we haven't signed players. Some said to wait until the window closes and we are stupid to panic (despite me saying I base it on our past record) and others said that if we spent all of our money earlier in the window, we would miss out on these mythical bargains that exist at the end of the window (what bargains are those exactly?).

So, what went wrong?

I'd like to point out that we made a move for Camacho with only a few days left of the window. Some would argue he "only became available in the final few days", but this argument is negated by the fact we activated a release clause that stood at the very start of the window. This could have been done at the start of the window, proving it was a last minute decision and not due to a changing market.

We then decided to turn our attention to a player that we had zero chance of signing in Carvalho. When that failed, it is reported that Pulis decided to pull the plug on the Camacho deal.

This for me hints that there is no one man in charge of the transfer dealings, and instead there are a number of different agendas at work behind the scenes, and this is a real problem as decisions do not get made in the sort of climate.

People need to realise that this club is not being run in the way it needs to be run. Well run clubs invest in players earlier, make better decisions and also find talent who are on the up, as opposed to having reached their peaks or being on the way down. We have not done this in the post Ashworth era.

I agree with almost everything you said there, except I think there was one man in charge.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1103 on: September 01, 2016, 02:36:30 PM »
On the plus side if Pulis can grind out the usual 1-0s and we stay up then we have a lot of money to spend in the January window and/or next summer.

I've come to the conclusion that this is Albion.
We don't spend money.
We had money this window but didn't part with it for whatever reason
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1104 on: September 01, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »
http://readwestbrom.com/2016/09/01/west-bromwich-albion-embarrassed-fans-window/?
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boring-who-would-11827492?

These two articles/quotes are bang on point. Exactly what I wanted to say, for all to see.

I am, for the first time ever, ashamed of my club. I have seen us lose play off finals, get relegated, lose to rivals, etc etc but nothing compares to the anger and shame i felt last night.

I have even emailed Garlick for an explanation.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1105 on: September 01, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »
http://readwestbrom.com/2016/09/01/west-bromwich-albion-embarrassed-fans-window/?
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boring-who-would-11827492?

These two articles/quotes are bang on point. Exactly what I wanted to say, for all to see.

I am, for the first time ever, ashamed of my club. I have seen us lose play off finals, get relegated, lose to rivals, etc etc but nothing compares to the anger and shame i felt last night.

I have even emailed Garlick for an explanation.
tell us if you get s reply

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1106 on: September 01, 2016, 03:13:28 PM »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1107 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »
email sent to Peace, Garlick, Williams & Hammond.

Will let you know IF i have a response off any of them.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1108 on: September 01, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »
email sent to Peace, Garlick, Williams & Hammond.

Will let you know IF i have a response off any of them.
Along with hundreds more.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1109 on: September 01, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »
All those names we were linked with, i don't think we were serious about signing any of them. Quotes of up to twenty odd million when we quibbled over three million.
I think Chadli was one we couldn't get out of so went for HRK after that.
Strange that after every bid was accepted and the players wanted to come, ie Sakho, Camacho and Schlupp we found excuse after excuse as what we didn't like about the deal.
I think we as fans have all been stitched up big time by a club that only cares about profit and to hell with the fans.
Action needs to be taken to show the club we have had enough and won't be taken for mugs anymore.
What action that is needs to be decided, but the club has taken the urine out of us once too often and should bear the consequences.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1110 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »

I wouldn't be happy spending money until Pulis goes.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1111 on: September 01, 2016, 05:31:30 PM »
I wouldn't be happy spending money until Pulis goes.
I'm not confident we will spend money if he goes or stays

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1112 on: September 02, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »
Has everybody calmed down yet?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1113 on: September 02, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Time to look forward, hopefully the takeover will be approved by the relevant authorities, then we will see the new owners plans for the future.
I cannot believe anyone, no matter how rich, would buy WBA without having a long term plan that will include staying in the premiership, developing the team to challenge for at least the FA cup, developing the club profile in the Far East and finally developing the ground and the surrounding area.

That will mean a new manager and spending in January 8)