Author Topic: profit or loss for Albionat home Iin capital cup  (Read 3474 times)

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

profit or loss for Albionat home Iin capital cup
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »
Does anyone know if a gate of 10k at £10 adult and £5 kids in the cup means Albion lose or make money?

Stewards, appearance bonus, policing, lights etc seem a lot of outgoings.

I guess gate receipts are about £90k.

I'm intrigued.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

Re: profit or loss for Albionat home Iin capital cup
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
Does anyone know if a gate of 10k at £10 adult and £5 kids in the cup means Albion lose or make money?

I'm intrigued.

Think you'd have to ask the club on that one. It could well be at a loss
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:29 PM »
I think your guess at gate receipts is about right, but in the FA cup the teams split the money of the home gate 45/45 with 10% going to the FA, which is why teams don't give away tickets with season tickets etc, as the other team wouldn't get a cut of that. Granted, I don't know if that happens in the League cup though.

Without knowing the player bonuses, police costs, etc, I can't figure it out, but I think we and any other team pulling in 10k crowds makes a loss.

We're ok with it, as our Prem money evens it out easily, but a team like Sheff Utd for example probably struggle, which is odd when you think about it.

It's another version of the Europa league actually being a pain in the backside for clubs, rather than a good thing.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggiebulldog

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »
I guess we were at  a loss however consider a few things
1- the fans that attended as daytrippers may catch the bug and want to return hence buying other tickets and the club making more in the future
2- the same can be said about the club shop fans who visited the ground as daytrippers may well have spent in the shop where they would not normally be
3- the further we progress the more we make and the more chance of more people coming (incentives)
4- the lower the expected crowd the less staff that are required(catering stewarding etc) so the lower the wage bill

overall I think getting the home tie against Hull was a bad result as they are in our league and I dont expect it to pull in much more of an attendance

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
The biggest single the cost the club has is player wages  if there are no additional player costs  associated with the cup then we are probably not massively out of pocket given the gate and a little bit of TV money. I doubt whether we would make money out of the league cup unless we progressed to the latter stages.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
man city winners last year received a whooping £100k

no wonder the prem sides don't take it seriously

money money money

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
I think the £100k to the winners is only the prize money gate reciepts and TV money for the final would be a lot more than that but without doubt it is hardly a drop in the ocean compared to the Premier League.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »

I'm intrigued.

With other extras, corporate, beer and food sales, I would have thought we would at least break even.
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »

With other extras, corporate, beer and food sales, I would have thought we would at least break even.

Are the food/drink sales a franchise or did the club take it in house?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:32:43 AM »
Are the food/drink sales a franchise or did the club take it in house?

Took it in house last year.
Baggie in Southampton

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
The biggest single the cost the club has is player wages  if there are no additional player costs  associated with the cup then we are probably not massively out of pocket given the gate and a little bit of TV money. I doubt whether we would make money out of the league cup unless we progressed to the latter stages.

I assume the players are on appearance and performance related bonuses, either per match or over a season and that league cup and fa cup games would count. Its a shame they tend to be mid week a with reduced ticket prices they would be ideal for introducing the next generation to the game.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 04:46:40 PM »
I assume the players are on appearance and performance related bonuses, either per match or over a season and that league cup and fa cup games would count. Its a shame they tend to be mid week a with reduced ticket prices they would be ideal for introducing the next generation to the game.

the next generation will be put off watching that dross and hearing fans booing.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »
Took it in house last year.

Cheers Bud thought it was. 8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP