Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 215952 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:19 PM »
So we are meant to be negotiating a new deal with Harper which seems overdue to me....has he stalled on earlier negotiations ?

I wonder what he makes of the very limited opportunities given to any of our youngsters.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 06:44:06 PM »
So we are meant to be negotiating a new deal with Harper which seems overdue to me....has he stalled on earlier negotiations ?

I wonder what he makes of the very limited opportunities given to any of our youngsters.
opened negotiations about 10 days ago
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/11/20/west-brom-keen-to-tie-rekeem-harper-down-to-new-contract/

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2018, 07:15:01 PM »
opened negotiations about 10 days ago
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/11/20/west-brom-keen-to-tie-rekeem-harper-down-to-new-contract/
Yeah, given that his contract is up in the summer, it seems to have been left relatively late in the day compared to Field who has had a couple of contract extensions well in advance of entering the final year of his contracts.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
Said it in the after match thread and say it after every game I see him play, he looks a real talent and oozes composure and confidence for a youngster. May see him slot in the first team whilst Livermore is suspended on the back of another excellent performance today. Man of the match for me

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2019, 03:00:33 PM »
Agree with the above, MOTM for me today without a doubt.

He looked strong, energetic, good on the ball. Id like to see him given more first team chances after watching him today.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Agree with the above, MOTM for me today without a doubt.

He looked strong, energetic, good on the ball. Id like to see him given more first team chances after watching him today.

Yep, doesn’t seem to tire and I’m never nervous when he had the ball which says a lot. He’s not scared to put his foot in either

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2019, 04:00:07 PM »
If he doesn't replace Livermore then when will the kid get a chance in a league match.

The perfect foil to play alongside Barry or Brunt.

Playing Barry and Brunt v Norwich would be mad.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »
Didn't catch most of the game, but from what I saw, Harper looks like the pick of our youngsters. Looks very dynamic and powerful on the ball. Definitely adds pace to the heart of the midfield and able to bring the ball forward quickly.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
If he doesn't replace Livermore then when will the kid get a chance in a league match.

The perfect foil to play alongside Barry or Brunt.

Playing Barry and Brunt v Norwich would be mad.

Correct the most natural replacement for Livermore. I would be happy with either him or field getting a go. Man of the match today for me.

We. We'd to get him to sign a new contract he's on a free come July
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2019, 04:21:14 PM »
Correct the most natural replacement for Livermore. I would be happy with either him or field getting a go. Man of the match today for me.

We. We'd to get him to sign a new contract he's on a free come July

Field isn't the right type of player to replace Livermore for Norwich. Harper is. I would start him.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »

Field isn't the right type of player to replace Livermore for Norwich. Harper is. I would start him.

Field more akin to Barry or Brunt. Which is why he hasn't got much game time.
O Albion we love you

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »
Harper looks like he has a change of pace whereas Field is more one paced.  I stand by my earlier comments on Field. He is more of a defensive player, whereas Harper can get past his man and bring the ball forward at pace. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:38:58 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2019, 04:40:52 PM »
To be honest I could make a case for all three of Field, Harper and Edwards being our midfield three in 2-3 years time. I imagine they complement each other well.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
To be honest I could make a case for all three of Field, Harper and Edwards being our midfield three in 2-3 years time. I imagine they complement each other well.

What do you think Edwards position is? I ask this because I've seen him play in a few positions and I'm not sure which suits him best.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:46:37 PM by Atomic »

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2019, 05:17:51 PM »
Looked really good today, composed on the ball and happy to drive forward to start or continue attacking moves. Would not be upset at all to see him in the starting 11 with Livermore suspended at the moment!
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2019, 05:51:17 PM »
How long have we all been screaming out for a big, powerful, quick, box-to-box midfielder? We've already got one on our books. He may or may not be ready to play in the Championship but it's criminal that he hasn't even been given the chance. He's a really good forward passer from what I've seen as well, always seems to pick out good through balls.

We've seen that Barry-Livermore-Phillips is by far our most balanced midfield, I think Harper is the most natural replacement for Livermore and deserves a chance in his absence. Neither Brunt, Morrison or Field have the energy or physicality that Livermore gives us.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:16:31 PM by wba_1996 »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »
On that showing alone he's a better footballer than Livermore will ever be.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 05:58:32 PM »
How long have we all been screaming out for a big, powerful, quick, box-to-box midfielder? We've already got one on our books. He may or may not be ready to play in the Championship but it's criminal that he hasn't even been given the chance. He's a really good forward passer from what I've seen as well, always seems to pick out good through balls.

We've seen that Barry-Livermore-Phillips is by far our most balanced midfield, I think Harper is the most natural replacement for Livermore and deserves a chance in his absence. Neither Brunt, Morrison or Field have the energy or physicality that Livermore gives us.

Cracking post.  No reason why Harper couldn’t have been drafted in v Sheffield Wed and Blackburn, instead we went with a slow static midfield.

People are talking about buying in Jan well this guy hasn’t been given enough exposure.  We are all agreed that Field is a bit short at present.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 06:30:14 PM »
I thought to myself earlier on in the season after the Carbaro cup games that he is a quality young prospect that deserves a go in the first team, was a class above again today.

Certainly deserves to play against Norwich with Livermore suspended, but I fear Big Dave will go with Brunt (especially seeing as he also had a good game today) which is never a bad thing of course, but will jusitify Big Dave persisting with Brunt in CMF.

This should be our Midfield 3 v Norwich: Barry, Harper and Phillips, but we all know it will end up being Barry, Brunt and Phillips.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:32:06 PM by Andio »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
I'm very concerned he is out of contract in the summer, how have we left it this late? Clearly should have been playing a lot more as well. Wouldn't blame him if he moves on in the summer, the club have to try to get him to sign a new deal asap.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2019, 06:53:36 PM »
 I have been saying it all season. Rekeem is the real deal . Leko , Edwards, and Field can also make the grade, certainly at this level.
Just bear in mind that these lads cannot be match fit either, and Rekeem has splinters in his backside from sitting and watching players inferior to himself week in week out.
I just hope that he signs a new contract with us. I fully expect him to be an onlooker again next week. Disgraceful if he is 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:18:25 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »

What do you think Edwards position is? I ask this because I've seen him play in a few positions and I'm not sure which suits him best.

Field replaced Barry. Harper replaces Livermore. Edwards replaces Phillips.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2019, 07:41:18 PM »
Field replaced Barry. Harper replaces Livermore. Edwards replaces Phillips.
Yes yes and yes
Brunt does not need to be near the starting eleven now
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »
Good player MOTM looked lively alongside Sako
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2019, 06:04:40 AM »
I'm very concerned he is out of contract in the summer, how have we left it this late? Clearly should have been playing a lot more as well. Wouldn't blame him if he moves on in the summer, the club have to try to get him to sign a new deal asap.

This a big concern - coupled with his lack of game time it wouldn't be a surprise to see him walk away on a free. There will be no shortage of sides keen to take him. Mismanagement of good academy prospects seems to be a long-term issue here.