Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 278467 times)

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Grady Diangana
« Reply #1425 on: July 04, 2023, 07:09:07 PM »
I'd be shocked if we rejected £3m really. Not many clubs in the championship have that spending power. It was an expensive mistake but understandable to a degree. Such a shame he has had injuries as he looked some player and filled a difficult to fill position.
I agree around £3 million sounds about right for Grady. I was hoping for around £13 million for Grady, Grant, Molumby and Griffiths combined. Add that to the £7 million from O’Shea and that covers the £20 million we owe. For this year anyway - not sure what’s left to sell to balance the books for the following season.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1426 on: July 04, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »
No chance of £10-£12m but £3m is light. You don’t get much for that and I’d expect a few teams with parachute payments would take a punt on reviving his career at that.

Think we got £6m for McClean so that’s the sort of level for me unless he’s still looking an absolute shadow in pre season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1427 on: July 04, 2023, 07:13:07 PM »
Yeah i'd be looking at 5-6m too.

3m is nothing, not worth selling him.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1428 on: July 04, 2023, 07:14:47 PM »
Yeah i'd be looking at 5-6m too.

3m is nothing, not worth selling him.
Depends how much he’s being paid. Saving his wage over the rest of his contract could be significant.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1429 on: July 04, 2023, 07:18:59 PM »
Depends how much he’s being paid. Saving his wage over the rest of his contract could be significant.

He's on around 15k while we are in the EFL it was reported which is just under 780k a year in wages. 2 years left so his total wages to come are a max of 1.55m-ish.

Sell him for 3m fee and that's arounbd 4.5m saved in total.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1430 on: July 04, 2023, 07:20:22 PM »
No chance of £10-£12m but £3m is light. You don’t get much for that and I’d expect a few teams with parachute payments would take a punt on reviving his career at that.

Think we got £6m for McClean so that’s the sort of level for me unless he’s still looking an absolute shadow in pre season.

The McClean sale was an a different era when Championship clubs had cash to spend.  Sadly no longer relevant.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1431 on: July 04, 2023, 07:21:26 PM »
He's on around 15k while we are in the EFL it was reported which is just under 780k a year in wages. 2 years left so his total wages to come are a max of 1.55m-ish.

Sell him for 3m fee and that's arounbd 4.5m saved in total.
I guess it depends on just how bad the situation is. Also, if we sell around 4-5 players and add the 4/5 that have already gone we surely have to bring in at least a few replacements.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1432 on: July 04, 2023, 07:23:12 PM »
I guess it depends on just how bad the situation is. Also, if we sell around 4-5 players and add the 4/5 that have already gone we surely have to bring in at least a few replacements.

With Lai who knows?

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1433 on: July 04, 2023, 08:22:04 PM »
"Lewis Cox

@LewisCox_star
Grady Diangana has admirers in the Championship, top-end clubs especially. Albion determined they will not sell on cheap after O'Shea exit. #wba"

Being a West Brom Fan living in Ipswich. I have heard they are interested.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1434 on: July 04, 2023, 08:30:14 PM »
Being a West Brom Fan living in Ipswich. I have heard they are interested.
I think Ipswich could surprise a few teams this year. I really rate their manager.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1435 on: July 04, 2023, 08:44:33 PM »
Nobody is not for sale we need to keep selling players until the wage bill is manageable. Players like Diangana that aren't first choice when everyone is fit must be the priority to unload the only reason not to sell or loan is there is no market. If we sold for £3m that is technical loss of £1.8m but assuming we have already paid the fee to West Ham that really does not matter.

If something comes of this interest we are still at least one significant departure away from any incomings.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1436 on: July 04, 2023, 08:55:22 PM »
I’d certainly be looking to offload Reach & Grant before Grady but appreciate that’s going to be a fairly momentous task shifting those 2. Yes Grady’s not hit the heights since he’s signed permanently but I thought he started coming into his stride before he got injured, without him in the team we had no-one with any sort of trickery / unpredictability in our play.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1437 on: July 04, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »
I think Ipswich could surprise a few teams this year. I really rate their manager.

I agree, it’s very frustrating living in a town with such positivity around the football club. Good owners, CEO and Chairman. Great links with the community and are up to speed with what younger fans want to see on social media. Grady would do well in that team with the manager. He could link up with Kyle Edwards.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1438 on: July 04, 2023, 09:12:09 PM »
We are ging to have to sell to keep our heads above water, and that means selling those that are actually deemed valuable. I would like to keep him. believing he has skills , but if CC wants to let him go then thats fine by me. 3 million sound light, i would hope for 4.5 to 5.

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1439 on: July 04, 2023, 09:12:43 PM »
I agree, it’s very frustrating living in a town with such positivity around the football club. Good owners, CEO and Chairman. Great links with the community and are up to speed with what younger fans want to see on social media. Grady would do well in that team with the manager. He could link up with Kyle Edwards.

For then swathes of our fanbase kick off and say we should have kept them both.

There's definitely players higher up the list for me who we should be selling before we entertain the idea of Grady going.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1440 on: July 04, 2023, 10:09:58 PM »
From the KG thread:
Per 90, our best performers for non-penalty goals are:

Dike - 0.52 non-penalty goals per 90
BTA - 0.28
Bartley - 0.27
Diangana - 0.19
Phillips - 0.15
TGH - 0.15

Then you have the likes of Rogic, Yokuslu, Livermore, Wallace and Ajayi before you get to Grant on 0.10.
In other words, the third best forward at the club, in terms of goals scored. And people want to throw him away?

This season is going to be "interesting". I think we'll see a lot of the U-23s, and even younger, getting debuts and game time.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1441 on: July 05, 2023, 07:40:47 AM »
Dara for £7m, Grady for £3m, chuck in Yokuslu and Molumby for £4m apiece, Griffiths for £2m, the kid to Aston for £1m, an we'll be loffin wow we. Bring it on cor wait!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1442 on: July 05, 2023, 08:12:04 AM »
From the KG thread:In other words, the third best forward at the club, in terms of goals scored. And people want to throw him away?

This season is going to be "interesting". I think we'll see a lot of the U-23s, and even younger, getting debuts and game time.

not true Wallace(6) scored more goals than Diangana (4) and Molumby got the same amount of goals.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1443 on: July 05, 2023, 08:19:13 AM »
I hope we don't sell Grady. I've just got a terrible feeling if he moves on he'll end up being the player that we had on loan, and then move on again for £50m+. I've just got a bad feeling typical Albion.

That being said, when was the last player to leave us 'for bigger things' ... ? Lukaku and Harvey Barnes the only 2 I can think of in recent times. (granted they were on loan and not actually ours) Jay Rod maybe? - went to Burnley in the Prem from us in Champ, Dawson I suppose but we had him in the Prem, Jonny Evans, Foster.. They all stayed in the Prem didn't they but didn't really move on to 'better things'. Pereira, financially better things but not in terms of going to a better league and pushing on his career. Johnstone has flopped so far hasn't he, bench at Palace.

Baltic

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1444 on: July 05, 2023, 08:19:47 AM »
Sounds like the club want it out there that he's available, but want reasonable money for him.  In reality we are desperate to get out as many as possible.

I feel Grady is not happy with us, needs to return to his home area and restart his career.  He has failed to deliver the past two seasons (assists/goals) and its time for us to take the hit (financially).

Many others are worse than GD for sure, but we need a fresh start too.  So for me, the more players that leave the better.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1445 on: July 05, 2023, 08:32:58 AM »
Sounds like the club want it out there that he's available, but want reasonable money for him.  In reality we are desperate to get out as many as possible.

I feel Grady is not happy with us, needs to return to his home area and restart his career.  He has failed to deliver the past two seasons (assists/goals) and its time for us to take the hit (financially).

Many others are worse than GD for sure, but we need a fresh start too.  So for me, the more players that leave the better.

Maybe Watford or Luton.. It's been reported many times that he didn't want to move to us permanently and went back to West Ham after the Loan with us thinking he'd be with them pre-season and break into the first team.

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1446 on: July 05, 2023, 09:13:37 AM »
I'd sell him. When I've seen him he sometimes looks like a boy being outmuscled by men. However every departure without replacement weakens us when others are strengthening.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1447 on: July 05, 2023, 09:55:21 AM »

Based on the last 3 seasons, where he has shown little more than a few glimpses of his undoubted talent - and often for a spell of only 5-6 games - his monetary value to us (based on what he CAN do) is probably higher than his real value to us if we base it on what he is today, rather than what he was when we bought him.

Above all, I think he needs a change of scenery and a fresh start if he’s ever going to come good again.

For that reason, around £4m with a sell-on clause would be a decent deal in my view.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1448 on: July 05, 2023, 10:57:25 AM »
I have to say that I think £3m is too cheap. I would want £5-6, and even then we are taking a canning.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1449 on: July 05, 2023, 11:17:06 AM »
Based on the last 3 seasons, where he has shown little more than a few glimpses of his undoubted talent - and often for a spell of only 5-6 games - his monetary value to us (based on what he CAN do) is probably higher than his real value to us if we base it on what he is today, rather than what he was when we bought him.

Above all, I think he needs a change of scenery and a fresh start if he’s ever going to come good again.

For that reason, around £4m with a sell-on clause would be a decent deal in my view.

A sell-on clause is a good shout. Maybe £5m-£6m + sell-on clause..