Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 283533 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Grady Diangana
« Reply #1475 on: July 06, 2023, 11:07:40 PM »
Leicester would be the one wouldn’t they. Not sure anyone else. A decent case has been made above about why Leicester could be interested. £5m and £1m on promotion and I’d take it. Try and squeeze in a further prem survival payment

Saints possibly too.

Coventry have cash to splash with Gyuykeres going for big bucks.  Have just agreed to spend £8m on Ellis Sims

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1476 on: July 07, 2023, 02:25:13 AM »
I would be genuinely surprised if one of the relegated clubs came in for him. To get that level of interest and associated fee he would have to be tearing up the Championship and let's be honest he hasn't.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1477 on: July 07, 2023, 09:19:28 AM »
I get the impression that , psychologically, one of his big drivers has always been to play near London. He was probably under the delusion that if he tore up the Championship, the Hammers would buy him back.  He might even take a slight wage reduction to play for someone like Watford - but I'm not sure Valerien's a fan.

He's got to realise he's stuck with us and we're stuck with him and have to get the best we can out of him.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1478 on: July 07, 2023, 09:32:37 AM »
the story going around when we actually bought him is that he didn't want to join us and was persuaded by a mix of agent and contract and being told he wouldn't play for West Ham.

other than a handful of games that has pretty much shown in his performances since joining permanently

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1479 on: July 07, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
the story going around when we actually bought him is that he didn't want to join us and was persuaded by a mix of agent and contract and being told he wouldn't play for West Ham.

other than a handful of games that has pretty much shown in his performances since joining permanently

Moyes told him he was going/being sold and he didn't want to leave, for any club, as he's a WHU fan.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1480 on: July 07, 2023, 10:05:10 AM »
Moyes told him he was going/being sold and he didn't want to leave, for any club, as he's a WHU fan.

Grady has always come across as a player who needs to feel 'loved up' and if anyone can get him firing surely it must be CC. I know I'm clutching at straws a bit here but that player is still in there somewhere.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1481 on: July 07, 2023, 11:06:08 AM »
Grady has always come across as a player who needs to feel 'loved up' and if anyone can get him firing surely it must be CC. I know I'm clutching at straws a bit here but that player is still in there somewhere.

Definitely has the ability but , as you say, it's coaxing it out of him

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1482 on: July 07, 2023, 11:07:52 AM »
I'm happy to see him move on providing we get a decent fee. He needs a fresh start.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1483 on: July 08, 2023, 09:32:50 PM »
We would be lucky and should be grateful if we got 4m
Someone ,entioned leicester….no chance , they want to win the league.
Someone also said that until we get an owner like Man City then we have to sell players like Diangana …for me I don’t see how any owner makes a bit of difference to the conversation, we over paid, we brought him on the back of a very good loan period, since buying him we have had 3 years of barely anything..I think he’s has good as done.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1484 on: July 09, 2023, 01:56:39 PM »
Have I missed a report linking GD to another club, or is all this just wishful thinking?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1485 on: July 09, 2023, 04:22:58 PM »

I think all of that can be seen in his performances; he didn't come here to play for West Bromwich Albion, he came here thinking he'd do what Harvey Barnes did, prove himself and go back a 1st teamer.

When that didn't happen and West Ham rejected him, he could never (and probably will never) get over it. He's 25 now, and his best season was 4 years ago - we were stupid to ever part with as much money to sign him as we did.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1486 on: July 09, 2023, 05:25:12 PM »
I think all of that can be seen in his performances; he didn't come here to play for West Bromwich Albion, he came here thinking he'd do what Harvey Barnes did, prove himself and go back a 1st teamer.

Reckon you are right with that.
I'd love for that to be otherwise but sadly that seems a very good analysis.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1487 on: July 09, 2023, 06:09:16 PM »
I hope so.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1488 on: July 09, 2023, 06:14:46 PM »
A modern day Peter Barnes I’m afraid. Too lightweight and is a shadow of what he was when Pereira left. Sell and move on

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1489 on: July 09, 2023, 08:24:27 PM »
One of the very few players in the squad that can get the crowd off their feet (in a good way, not in an Adam Reach 'walking to the exits' kind of way).

I'd rather have the hope of Grady turning in a decent performance rather than the surety of a Reach performance.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1490 on: July 09, 2023, 09:12:53 PM »
One of the very few players in the squad that can get the crowd off their feet (in a good way, not in an Adam Reach 'walking to the exits' kind of way).

I'd rather have the hope of Grady turning in a decent performance rather than the surety of a Reach performance.

I'd rather have neither. Comparing anyone to Reach is pointless, he's awful and everyone knows it. As for Diangana, when was the last time he genuinely got anyone off their feet?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1491 on: July 10, 2023, 03:02:19 AM »
A modern day Peter Barnes I’m afraid. Too lightweight and is a shadow of what he was when Pereira left. Sell and move on

:o :o :o Barnes mightve been a bit hit and miss but he was three times the player Diangana is.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:12:37 AM by Atomic »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1492 on: July 10, 2023, 11:16:48 AM »
I'd rather have neither. Comparing anyone to Reach is pointless, he's awful and everyone knows it. As for Diangana, when was the last time he genuinely got anyone off their feet?
Probably me. He’d either fluffed a chance, or tripped over a defensive challenge… I can’t remember. I got up off the sofa and on to my feet, then staggered to the fridge for another beer. I think it was my fifth. And it wasn’t even halftime.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1493 on: July 11, 2023, 01:14:09 PM »
:o :o :o Barnes mightve been a bit hit and miss but he was three times the player Diangana is.
Absolutely, hugely under-rated player 77games, 23 goals (1st division (prem equivqlent)) for west brom.
We can only dream a player of his calibre running the wings of B71 now.

He was harshly judged as his contemporaries were Wee Willie & Laurie, who were both world class
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: July 11, 2023, 01:26:35 PM »
Absolutely, hugely under-rated player 77games, 23 goals (1st division (prem equivqlent)) for west brom.
We can only dream a player of his calibre running the wings of B71 now.

He was harshly judged as his contemporaries were Wee Willie & Laurie, who were both world class

Spot on!
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1495 on: July 11, 2023, 07:46:37 PM »
Wee Willie and Laurie how spoiled we were back then as for Peter he had big boots to fill. Still ten times better than anything we have now.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1496 on: July 12, 2023, 08:04:00 AM »
Can we stick to discussing Diangana please.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: July 12, 2023, 09:58:37 AM »
Grady, if you read these pages, put in a brilliant season for us and CC please. If you want to be with some London club we aren't offended, but for us and yourself, get that old magic going and put yourself in the shop window.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1498 on: July 21, 2023, 02:05:27 PM »
Leicester just about to get a big fee for Barnes, I wonder if they will come after Grady ?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1499 on: July 21, 2023, 03:37:37 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Leicester came in for Grady. I don't think he's had any game time in pre season thus far and until he gets back on the pitch I don't think anybody is going to commit to buying him.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.