Author Topic: Super Bob  (Read 4297 times)

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Super Bob
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »
We all know that the moment super bob stepped out onto the pitch to give his pre-match thoughts in that special play-off semi final against the dingles we knew it would be a great night.

Now i was wondering whether due to the intensity and importance of the finish of the season whether this could be done again at the villa game as i think this would make for a beautiful day against the vile.

So do you reckon the club and/or the legend himself would be up for it??
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Super Bob
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
Not for me, seems a bit Cheezy. He may well be up for it knowing Super but I remember how laughable it was when Bully did it at the custard bowl.  If the club want to generate an atmosphere, why not kill the loud music and let the fans do it for them.

OLD SCHOOL
He's a lad from the Wrenna

deejay

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
No  I agree cheesy and embarresing turn the music off at 3 o clock oR whenever kick off is and let the fans do their thing  SOTV
Hoult,Mulligan,Statham,Brown,Robertson,Wile,Robson,Cunningham,Regis,Giles,Johnston. I HATE VILLA MORE THAN YOU

http://david3525.fotopic.net            http://jacksgallery.fotopic.net

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
Seems abit cheesy to be honest.

Leave it to the fans to creat the atmosphere...

COYB

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »
Turn the music off at quarter to 3 and let the fans get the place rocking for kick-off.

People can listen to Britney bloody Spears, or whatever parcel of ****e they decide to put on that week, when they get home

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
Why are they so adamant that the music is on before kickoff? is there a reason?

Would be great if they just let the fans generate an atmosphere before the game.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »
I wouldnt mind if it was decent music, but its total and utter rubbish!! And its the same every home game, at least change it once in a while. I mean Britney Spears for godsake, it isnt exactly a song that gets you going is it!!
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:58:44 AM »
Why are they so adamant that the music is on before kickoff? is there a reason?

Would be great if they just let the fans generate an atmosphere before the game.

Its recommended by the police & safety groups to play music before the game to prevent hostility between rival groups of fans - it drowns out any "nasty" chants. You may have noticed it was louder than usual before the Wolves game.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Its recommended by the police & safety groups to play music before the game to prevent hostility between rival groups of fans - it drowns out any "nasty" chants. You may have noticed it was louder than usual before the Wolves game.

Can say I noticed during the Wolves game. We got a few songs going before kick off as well.

Surely if this was the case they'd play music while the game was on?  ;D

As for Bob Taylor talking, well it's a bit cheesy to be honest.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
Turn the music off at quarter to 3 and let the fans get the place rocking for kick-off.

People can listen to Britney bloody Spears, or whatever parcel of ****e they decide to put on that week, when they get home

This would be brilliant and imo it should be done before every game as it really does make for a better atmosphere, never quite sure why but it does.

And as for the dingles game i thought the singing before the game was great and it got it going, only to deafened by the tannoy playing that chyte song that no-one knows
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
Our fans don't normally get into their seats until a few minutes after kick off and the singing only normally starts when the players start coming out. If we're turning the music off its just an oppurtunity for the away fans to out sing us.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
instead of having Super Bob come out, i think 5 minutes before the game they should turn the music off and play the liquidator as everyone will come up from the concourse and sing their hearts out. that would be class especially for the villa game  ;D
ALBION TIL I DIE

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
instead of having Super Bob come out, i think 5 minutes before the game they should turn the music off and play the liquidator as everyone will come up from the concourse and sing their hearts out. that would be class especially for the villa game  ;D

As said many times before would be class but never going to happen realistically  :'(