Author Topic: 12 May 2017 Albion 0 Chelsea 1  (Read 41209 times)

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »
Agree with that

I was in the East Stand and there was about 8 Chelsea fans ejected who were sat together. Most had WBA lanyards on and it looked a bit corporate.There were a few others sat round as well who got chucked out. I hope the fans who sold their seats to those muppets get banned. Got a bit lairy at one stage.......the police and stewards did their job though, so well done.

No complaints tonight, we took it to them and had a go.
Issues with the corporate is that it isn't just contained to the area that used to be the old directors box there are also about 3 or 4 rows of padded seats in front of the barrier which are for the cheapest suite and overflow from the Richardson. Stupid idea really because it leads to a scenario where Chelsea fans, who are well within their rights to purchase corporate tickets, end up sat pretty much in the middle of the home end with standard ticket holders. Always going to create a load of trouble when a few of them get a bit rowdy and celebrate a goal as it would look like they were simply Chelsea fans who have found a way into the Albion end.

Ultimately the club are really to blame with that one as they shouldn't really allow any corporate customers to be outside the blocked off area because of the potential for mixing of home and away fans in an area of the ground where it isn't allowed or expected.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »
Got a bit lairy at one stage.......the police and stewards did their job though, so well done.

I wish I could say the same about them in the Brummie, stewards bottled it when they had something to deal with other than ordering someone to sit down. As for the Police they took far too long to respond to the issues at the bottom of the Brummie and then didn't seem to actually do much. There's a video of a few of their fans down there when it all started and despite all of the Police and stewards that got there at least two of that group were still allowed to get on the pitch and stop the game and that is just unacceptable.

I genuinely hope the club take a good look into the stewarding and Policing as a result of these incidents last night because I don't believe the job they did was to as high a standard as expected.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
On to the performance itself last night we definitely didn't deserve to lose the game but if you miss your clearest chance in games against opposition as good as Chelsea you are highly likely to be punished and we were. Proud of the lads last night as I fully expected them to roll over and have their tummies tickled.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »
Lat night is the level of performance we need on a more consistent basis.
Even Rondon seemed up for it, some of the set piece deliveries were hopeless otherwise we could have given Chelsea a bloody nose.
Overall pretty pleased.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but did our players do a lap to say thank you last night? If they did I stand corrected, I had to leave at full time bang on due to commitments. However having listened to and now having seen the celebrations from Chelsea does anyone else feel it was over the top. yes i get Conte etc, but this is a club who have won now five prem title. This was not their last game of the season and they now have two games to celebrate at home with their fans, I do not see why they had to take over our ground for over half an hour celebrating this thus stopping our players from coming out. Surely ten mins infront of their fans would of been sufficient and a public announcement could of been made. Any other TV commitments could of been done from the tunnel. Am I the only one who thinks that after our season, yes I know we have tailed off, that its slightly sad that we could not do a lap of thanks to the fans etc. As I said I stand corrected but the coverage I thought was totally over the top, as if it was a side who had never won this ala Leicester and it was the final day. Any one else think this or am I being one eyed etc.
Hazard's comment 'it was great to be able to celebrate in front of our fans, especially after such a hard game'. That probably sums it up, they were probably thinking it would be a draw at best until they scored...so I think they had genuine relief and the celebrations were pretty genuine. As for our fans travelling back to Snow Hill via tram or train...they were probably pleased to get away while the Chelsea fans remained in the ground (I know I would have been if I'd gone).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
The players didn't do the usual lap of the pitch - but given that there were stewards and police all around the bottom of the Brummie and Chelski celebrating at the other end, logistically it would have been a nightmare.
The players did walk around the pitch applauding our fans in each stand before leaving and Rondon spent ages with some Venezuela fans in the Halfords, signing and taking pics with fans.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »
He missed the most blatant handball ever by Evans, but I must admit from my vantage point I missed it in real time.

Another time we are launching a counter attack when a Chelsea fan enters the field from our area (presumably to stop himself getting battered), he quite rightly stops play. However when Chelsea were attacking and the Chelsea fans threw a second ball on the pitch into the penalty area where the ball was about to be launched into, play was allowed to continue (Chelsea player kicked it off in the end)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
Only managed to catch about a third of this game as I was working at a golf club - but managed to sneak out during my break to their TV room; from what I saw I thought we put in a really good shift.

Delighted Sam was on the pitch to.

Two more performances like this for the end of the season please team!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

saltnshake

• Junior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »
The club also need to take a look at themselves there was a lot of Chelsea fans in the corporate area of the East Stand last night, money over the safety of there own fanswer is clearly more important.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »
The club also need to take a look at themselves there was a lot of Chelsea fans in the corporate area of the East Stand last night, money over the safety of there own fanswer is clearly more important.
It seems they got in with fake home made passes according to the twittersphere https://twitter.com/ehayward93/status/863700290398191616/photo/1

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:44:03 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2017, 02:17:54 PM »
It seems they got in with fake home made passes according to the twittersphere https://twitter.com/ehayward93/status/863700290398191616/photo/1

That's shocking. Don't corporates/media need to scan anything like everyone else? Very poor from a security point of view, they could have been anyone.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »
Refs sometimes miss things and sometimes get it wrong, but all I ask is that they treat both teams the same and if a tackle is deemed a bookable one for one player then a similar offence by another should get the same treatment. Unfortunately pushing the ball to one side and then jumping into the nearest opponent before rolling on the ground gripping various body parts and screaming like a demented 2 year old who has had his dummy taken away seems to cut more ice with refs than pushing under a jumping player, ankle tapping and pulling back or holding. Even in some cases the old elbow in the face gets treated more leniently than a genuine attempt to get to the ball first. And it all seems to depend on who you play for.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »
Refs sometimes miss things and sometimes get it wrong, but all I ask is that they treat both teams the same and if a tackle is deemed a bookable one for one player then a similar offence by another should get the same treatment. Unfortunately pushing the ball to one side and then jumping into the nearest opponent before rolling on the ground gripping various body parts and screaming like a demented 2 year old who has had his dummy taken away seems to cut more ice with refs than pushing under a jumping player, ankle tapping and pulling back or holding. Even in some cases the old elbow in the face gets treated more leniently than a genuine attempt to get to the ball first. And it all seems to depend on who you play for.

Far too much back-patting, laughing and joking with the top players in my opinion

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »
Good performance.  Thought Field looked leggy from the outset.

Great shift by Rondon who has a thankless task upfront on his own. Chadli should have buried that chance, think we would have seen it out at 1-0 then.

Despite the better performance, we have to address results. City will hammer us on tomorrow, and I can't see much coming from Swansea
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2017, 12:07:37 PM »
In my opinion, Oliver made his mind up before a ball was even kicked that he was not going to be the one who cost Chelsea the title. That's why he gave them every nudge, whilst giving us very little, despite Rondon getting battered for 94 minutes.
He wanted a nice, comfortable, non-controversial Chelsea victory and managed the game accordingly.
There is such a high profile around the top 6 these days, and so much airtime dedicated to them, that it is impossible for a ref to be truly impartial.
Get a decision wrong against Albion, who cares, get it wrong against Chelsea it's world news.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
I wish I could say the same about them in the Brummie, stewards bottled it when they had something to deal with other than ordering someone to sit down. As for the Police they took far too long to respond to the issues at the bottom of the Brummie and then didn't seem to actually do much. There's a video of a few of their fans down there when it all started and despite all of the Police and stewards that got there at least two of that group were still allowed to get on the pitch and stop the game and that is just unacceptable.

I genuinely hope the club take a good look into the stewarding and Policing as a result of these incidents last night because I don't believe the job they did was to as high a standard as expected.

Haven't seen the footage, so I can't really say. But with all the money in the PL, and all the investments in football, there really is no excuse for poor stewarding/policing. And with cameras being virtually everywhere nowadays, people should realise that during any type of event there is likely to be incriminating footage. If that doesn't put people off acting in a senseless manner then I'm not sure what will.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »
Haven't seen the footage, so I can't really say. But with all the money in the PL, and all the investments in football, there really is no excuse for poor stewarding/policing. And with cameras being virtually everywhere nowadays, people should realise that during any type of event there is likely to be incriminating footage. If that doesn't put people off acting in a senseless manner then I'm not sure what will.

Totally agree, it amazes me that people do things like run on the pitch or start fights when there are so many cameras and police around. And the game being broadcast in HD on the tele  :-\.

Just an idea off the top of my head, but maybe fans should have to provide some verified identification when purchasing tickets (e.g. photo driver's licence/passport etc). That way anyone committing offences can be identified a bit easier on the cameras, and then linked back to afterwards. Could even look into those nightclub photo type things on the turnstiles that flash up your photo to be verified to discourage home fans selling their tickets to away fans. I don't know, I'm just talking off the top of my head! But there must be something to stop the issues we've seen against Chelsea and Man Utd before that.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39919468

West Brom to investigate crowd unrest against Chelsea