Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245508 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad
« on: July 16, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »
Google translation of the statement on the Al-Ahli website

Ahmed Hijazi, the player first team football club Al-Ahli, miss the next meeting Zamalek in the final round of the Premier League, and set her next Monday, for its association with a medical examination of the club «West Bromwich» English.

For his part, Captain Hossam Al-Badri, coach of the team stressed that «Hijazi» came out of the coaching staff accounts to match the next summit, because of its association with the date of the medical examination with the English club, in preparation for the completion of loan procedures for the ranks of the English club from the start of next season.

The club agreed to offer West Bromwich England, at the request to borrow Ahmed Hijazi for a season, starting next season, according to the presentation material received Ahli, and agree with the player's desire to leave

Looks like it is pretty much a done deal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:19:01 AM by MarkW »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

QRHcooper

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »
Would seem so and I welcome a, potential, tidy bit of business if its a "loan to buy".
British by Birth English By the Grace of God

desertbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:52 AM »
Living in the Middle East I have seen him a couple of times and watched him on TV a bit as well. With his height he is a beast in the air, deceptively quick over the ground although could get caught out by Vardy types, good distribution but nothing spectacular (better than Jonas, not as good as Evans).

My main reservations are how he settles, Egyptians have struggled at other Middle East clubs let only in the England, and keeping him fit. If the medics do their stuff great and who knows how he settles. I suppose he will need to convince TP but I think he could genuinely replace Dawson or GMac. If he has Evans next to him it could be a very solid defence.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
I'm guessing we will be giving him the season to settle over play so he is ready for next season

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:47:53 PM »
Living in the Middle East I have seen him a couple of times and watched him on TV a bit as well. With his height he is a beast in the air, deceptively quick over the ground although could get caught out by Vardy types, good distribution but nothing spectacular (better than Jonas, not as good as Evans).

My main reservations are how he settles, Egyptians have struggled at other Middle East clubs let only in the England
, and keeping him fit. If the medics do their stuff great and who knows how he settles. I suppose he will need to convince TP but I think he could genuinely replace Dawson or GMac. If he has Evans next to him it could be a very solid defence.

Very true. From the top of my head I can think of Ghaly, Mido and Zaki who all struggled with attitude problems in the Premier League. Although I doubt all Egyptians are like this, Salah for instance seems more grounded.

I imagine he will replace Olsson in terms of a substitute and it will go from there to see how good he is.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »
Harmless enough signing as back up, will wait to see how he does once it has been confirmed and welcome him to the club. We need to be improving the first XI pronto though.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Ahmed Elmohamady settled reasonably well but the list of Egyptians in world football generally is not the longest.

http://us.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/egypt/

Surprised to see so many English players 'abroad', all be it their numbers are boosted by far off and 'exotic' locations such Scotland, Wales, the Republic of Ireland and two in Northern Ireland.

http://us.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/england/

Not sure what Adam Dickinson has done to offend anyone (beyond coming from Liverpool  ;D  ;) ) to make him the only English born player in Vanuatu, but it looks nice and warm  :) .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vanuatu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-wrCf7o3VAhXKa1AKHZpLCU8QsAQIWQ&biw=1366&bih=662
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »
Confirmed by Express & Star :

"Hegazy is expected to fly out to Hong Kong and join up with his new team-mates, who landed today ahead of the Premier League Asia Trophy."

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/07/15/west-brom-reportedly-agree-season-long-loan-for-ahmed-hegazy/
The PRIDE of midlands

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »
The 'Nesta of the Pyramids'.........

........... what a bloody nickname  :P  :P .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »
Well, that takes us to 13 fit senior pros.

Could be a good signing, along the likes of Olson. 7m for 'Zouma or 1m for this kid, seems decent business. Can only presume we are still in for smalling as an established perm experienced cb.. unless it's that ranuchhia? chap who Hull had on loan.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 07:28:14 PM »
This lad looks like he commands he air, strong and if played along side Evans he may prove to be a good astute signing.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:34:20 AM »
He's 6ft 4, a beast by all accounts. could do a job a left back if asked.

what's not to like.  ::)

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:21 AM »
I think we have gone for him as well as a marquee centre half signing as we can't guarantee GMac's fitness anymore with his age.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
He's 6ft 4, a beast by all accounts. could do a job a left back if asked.

what's not to like.  ::)
Certainly fits our style of play and, given the amount of protection he will get, should do ok. At 6ft 5 he's gotta be in with a shout of being top scorer as well.
He's the sort of left field, quirky character that could become a lej. Hope so anyway.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »
This is an interesting signing. As many did I had a quick look on youtube, he is certainly not afraid to get stuck in and likes to get forward as well. Quietly optimistic with this one........
MAGA!

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:34 PM »
Does anyone know why this seems to have gone quiet?

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Salah has "welcomed him back to Europe" on Instagram so I assume it's close to being sorted.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »
Does anyone know why this seems to have gone quiet?
he was supposedly joining up with the team in Hong Kong after the medical. Imagine they'll do all the promotional pictures, interviews and assorted gubbins over there.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
It is an interesting one and the sort of signing lots of us have been asking for.

I know the loan to buy move is probably prudent etc. But it would be nice for us once in a while just to take a risk in situations like these and get someone like this in permanently to make more of a statement.

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
Welcome to the club Ahmed

Looking forward to seeing him in action, read lots of good reports about him so fingers crossed he comes good
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Thinking left field for players again , leaves money for other areas too.
Pleased  and look forward to seeing him play , Welcome!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
Welcome to the Baggies Ahmed & here's to a happy partnership for all.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 03:16:43 PM »
Welcome to the club Ahmed, let's all hope you go on to become a Baggies legend! COYB.

marky

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
sounds good - cover for GMAC who isnt going to Hong Kong and is getting on a bit anyway

I've got wednesday off work so i can watch us play Leicester City  in that tournament so i will see how he plays (if he plays)