Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080378 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7425 on: February 20, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »
Got to disagree mate. Villa is by far and away our proper derby. Back ine 70’s and early 80’s Wolves was just another game it was always Villa. But don’t get me wrong I can’t stand them but you have accept that they are doing really well considering the size of squad and amount of games  they have played. Like others have said we stalled and achieved nothing in 9 years we were in the prem

I think the comparisons between the two are a bit unfair. They have the biggest agent in the world pulling strings for them and basically giving them the pick of the Portuguese league for dirt cheap. Even at our most creative under Ashworth we couldn't compete with that.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7426 on: February 20, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »
Yeah we absolutely stalled in the Premier League, can’t disagree with that. But we never had to cheat financially or lose the identity of our club like the Dingles during that time. Besides, their fans turn faster than milk on a hot day.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7427 on: February 20, 2020, 10:33:21 PM »
I keep reading about this 10,000 waiting list for season tickets, those of you living in the Black Country, are there more of them about now? I always thought our support was fairly similar.

Our support has always been similar even if they have a larger potential pool to draw from. They're just all coming out of the woodwork now they're enjoying relative success; just like our lot would.

kevinr61

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #7428 on: February 20, 2020, 11:36:02 PM »
Yeah we absolutely stalled in the Premier League, can’t disagree with that. But we never had to cheat financially or lose the identity of our club like the Dingles during that time. Besides, their fans turn faster than milk on a hot day.

No way have Wolves lost their identity!! Look at every single player in that team and they are totally committed and give 100%

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7429 on: February 20, 2020, 11:56:54 PM »
No way have Wolves lost their identity!! Look at every single player in that team and they are totally committed and give 100%

WWFC are are nothing more than a training facility for Uncle Jorgie’s show ponies. That is their identity. A football agent running a football club. Absolutely shameful.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7430 on: February 21, 2020, 07:28:53 AM »
Got to disagree mate. Villa is by far and away our proper derby. Back ine 70’s and early 80’s Wolves was just another game it was always Villa. But don’t get me wrong I can’t stand them but you have accept that they are doing really well considering the size of squad and amount of games  they have played. Like others have said we stalled and achieved nothing in 9 years we were in the prem

Think it’s all personal opinion mate , I started going up the Albion in 93 ,i was brought up in Darlaston , at that time playing villa was something that would never happen in a million years . So it’s always going to be wolves for me

The atmosphere at Albion wolves games compared to Albion villa games is incomparable. Albion wolves games are levels above villa games . Home and away

I think anyone on here trying to play down how well the dingles are doing look abit silly really . It’s the type of comments I’d expect off them lot on their boards if we were doing as well as they are . Sometimes you just hold your hands up and say yeah there a good side and doing well . Let’s just hope it doesn’t last  ;D

Croatbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #7431 on: February 21, 2020, 08:35:12 AM »
Don't be jealous they are just another team in the pot.
I'd say addicted. It's a disease. Not a "fan".

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7432 on: February 21, 2020, 08:39:11 AM »
Think it’s all personal opinion mate , I started going up the Albion in 93 ,i was brought up in Darlaston , at that time playing villa was something that would never happen in a million years . So it’s always going to be wolves for me

The atmosphere at Albion wolves games compared to Albion villa games is incomparable. Albion wolves games are levels above villa games . Home and away

I think anyone on here trying to play down how well the dingles are doing look abit silly really . It’s the type of comments I’d expect off them lot on their boards if we were doing as well as they are . Sometimes you just hold your hands up and say yeah there a good side and doing well . Let’s just hope it doesn’t last  ;D

No doubt about it they are doing well. BUT it is very over-exaggerated. European tour, fair play to them and i would love to see albion do that but lets not kid ourselves, i watch a lot of premier league football and it is one of the poorest seasons ever.

Chelsea have won 1 in 6 and still top 4? 3 teams out of 3rd-10th have won more than 2  out of the last 5.

They have a great opportunity to get into the top 4/5 but its not IMO because they have this amazing team that they seem to think they have, they have a good side no doubt, but the rest of the teams around them are of the same quality and Chelsea/United/Arsenal/Tottenham have seriously weakened to close the gap where as others think its the other way round and Wolves/Sheff/Everton have improved, no its not.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7433 on: February 21, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »
they have always had ambition too to be fair to them even when they had no right to be where as we havent. we were happy to just be part of the party and be in there where as to be fair to them they want to break into the top 6 when we never had any ambition to. When we finished 8th, we just give up after reaching 40 points it was that obvious.

I just hope our mentality changes IF we get back up there.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7434 on: February 21, 2020, 08:47:26 AM »
I am not jealous of them at all. What have they won? No more than us, what have they achieved? No more than us. OK European football, but it's the lower level European football that we, as a business, decided it was in our best interests not to target.

26 league games and 18 of them without a win, that's the bread and butter, that's what you judge on.

Jealous of that? No. Seriously, no.

They have played European football - I dream of seeing the Albion do that. And that's all it will remain - a dream. we "decided it was in our best interests not to target". That shows our lack of ambition right there, and it's pathetic. Let's just take the Premier League money every season. Forget cups, forget winning, forget European nights at the Hawthorns. 40 points and that's it.

Too many small-minded fans means we'll always be 'little old Albion'.

If it was up to some of our fans, Starbucks would have never left Seattle.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7435 on: February 21, 2020, 09:07:38 AM »
They have played European football - I dream of seeing the Albion do that. And that's all it will remain - a dream. we "decided it was in our best interests not to target". That shows our lack of ambition right there, and it's pathetic. Let's just take the Premier League money every season. Forget cups, forget winning, forget European nights at the Hawthorns. 40 points and that's it.

exactly mate, and at times i think Wolves are deluded but at least they have had and are having a go. they may end up finishing 9th or 10th, but at least they have had a go and been ambitious.

I just hope we at least try to have a go IF we get up there.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7436 on: February 21, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »

Round of applause mate  :D 1 billion percent right  8)

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7437 on: February 21, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »
What a team they have. I can see them facing Inter Milan in the final.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7438 on: February 21, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
Albion and Ambition don't go together, remember Ipswich away in 2010 Carling Cup QF where we made 9 changes and blew a great chance to get to a final. European football would have scared the life out of the board.
Fair play to Wolves who having a go.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7439 on: February 21, 2020, 11:14:30 AM »

disagree. what a team they have? they beat bottom of the spanish league's reserves. they made 9 changes last night.

clinton44

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #7440 on: February 21, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
I would give my right arm to be where they are at the moment. Its stuff of dreams. I can see them becoming a real force and I am extremely envious. But then I don't dislike Wolves, its just some of there fans are complete ***** but then again so are some of ours.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7441 on: February 21, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
disagree. what a team they have? they beat bottom of the spanish league's reserves. they made 9 changes last night.

If we had that team, were fighting for a European place and were in the latter stages of the Europe league then I believe no one would disagree with me saying what a team.

Traore, Jimenez, Moutinho & Patricio to name 4 are outstanding.

I still don't like them but I am not going to be blind to how good they are.
Maybe we could learn something from them and show the same ambition when we next play in the Prem.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7442 on: February 21, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »
Exactly.

Next midweek I am going to be watching us at home to Preston, I have mates who will be in Barcelona.

What else really needs to be said

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7443 on: February 21, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »
Albion and Ambition don't go together, remember Ipswich away in 2010 Carling Cup QF where we made 9 changes and blew a great chance to get to a final. European football would have scared the life out of the board.

Yes i bloody do, thanks for reminding me of that, RDM lost a lot of credibility that night  >:(
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7444 on: February 21, 2020, 02:28:29 PM »

That was a cold, cold night. The journey was terrible and the game somehow worse

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7445 on: February 21, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
If we had that team, were fighting for a European place and were in the latter stages of the Europe league then I believe no one would disagree with me saying what a team.

Traore, Jimenez, Moutinho & Patricio to name 4 are outstanding.

I still don't like them but I am not going to be blind to how good they are.
Maybe we could learn something from them and show the same ambition when we next play in the Prem.

4 players you mentioned are very good premier league players but i wouldnt say outstanding at all.

take Jimenez for example, you are telling me 11 premier league goals in 26 is outstanding? come on mate. its good but not outstanding.

credit where credit is due, they have a good side and are doing well and yes i would swap their team for ours but a lot of them think they are champions league and have world class players and Nuno is here for a 10 year project. load of ****.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7446 on: February 21, 2020, 04:26:02 PM »
4 players you mentioned are very good premier league players but i wouldnt say outstanding at all.

take Jimenez for example, you are telling me 11 premier league goals in 26 is outstanding? come on mate. its good but not outstanding.

credit where credit is due, they have a good side and are doing well and yes i would swap their team for ours but a lot of them think they are champions league and have world class players and Nuno is here for a 10 year project. load of ****.

I think he's a fantastic player, if you see him it's not just the goals, he's vital for the way they play on the counter and creates a lot too.

Anyway, for those on here saying "we've always lacked ambition". What exactly does that mean? The fanbase, the owner, the ground?!

It means we haven't hit the jackpot and got a sugar daddy in. Otherwise we're just a typical football club like the rest of them. I remember when Fulham went into the Europa league with Al-Fayed who funded them at one time. Does that mean they're an 'ambitious' club, or does it simply mean they had an absurdly wealthy owner at that time?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7447 on: February 21, 2020, 04:36:22 PM »
I think he's a fantastic player, if you see him it's not just the goals, he's vital for the way they play on the counter and creates a lot too.

Anyway, for those on here saying "we've always lacked ambition". What exactly does that mean? The fanbase, the owner, the ground?!

It means we haven't hit the jackpot and got a sugar daddy in. Otherwise we're just a typical football club like the rest of them. I remember when Fulham went into the Europa league with Al-Fayed who funded them at one time. Does that mean they're an 'ambitious' club, or does it simply mean they had an absurdly wealthy owner at that time?

It does not mean having a sugar daddy, and it doesn't mean spending lots of money. There is no reason that the team under Hodgson, Clarke, etc could not have seriously tried for a cup if motivated enough. But they weren't.

We simply don't desire to be more than we are, once we are in the Premier. Fulham had that money, but it wasn't enough for them to just be in the division, and so they pushed themselves and got Europe. We don't do that, even when we have a sound base to launch off. When we finished 8th, we still didn't show any ambition to try and secure that kind of finish on a regular basis, and we were 17th the following year.

It's not about spending lots of money, it's about aspiring to more than just existing.

Rochdale can have an ambitions to reach the Championship. It might take them clever management on their budget and good recruitment, but what is football if you can't dream of being better and achieving more?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7448 on: February 21, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
And losing 2-0
                     Valero
                     Lukaku
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7449 on: February 22, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »
And losing 2-0
                     Valero
                     Lukaku

That'll do.