Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1754600 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #7225 on: November 16, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
I believe the fans forced JP's hand, the atmosphere towards Irvine was poisonous and made me feel ashamed.

I felt bloody ashamed an all when this football club appointed a bloody PE teacher as manager

He's another who will keep being recycled into jobs despite producing a CV full of complete 'oss pooh.

Good coach an all that though ay he, apparently..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7226 on: November 16, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »
So the crowd are to blame for poor results under Irvine ?

Mel was not given a chance by players so would he have been a success ? not one of us knows.

Peace acts when he feels his investment is under threat.

Interesting that despite a glut of Championship clubs having vacancies that not one was looking to appoint Irvine or even clubs below that level, only one Scottish club in one of the poorest leagues in Europe was linked with him as a number 1

Well Blackburn and Lambert seem to think he has something to offer.
the regime don't like it man

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7227 on: November 16, 2015, 06:55:07 PM »
Well Blackburn and Lambert seem to think he has something to offer.

Did you miss the part about as a Number 1 ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7228 on: November 17, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »
Did you miss the part about as a Number 1 ?

Did he not turn down the Dundee United job for family reasons? That's what I heard. Anyway he's only been available since last month.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7229 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:28 AM »
good luck to him. its as good as it gets for him though
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7230 on: November 17, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »
good luck to him. its as good as it gets for him though
It's hardly a dream team is it? Two of the dourest characters the game has to offer, bet the fans can't wait for the post match conference zzzzzzzzzzzzz
I would be very surprised if they are still there at the start of next season anyway, the Venky's seem to prefer a revolving door approach!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7231 on: November 17, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
It's hardly a dream team is it? Two of the dourest characters the game has to offer, bet the fans can't wait for the post match conference zzzzzzzzzzzzz
I would be very surprised if they are still there at the start of next season anyway, the Venky's seem to prefer a revolving door approach!

I think Lambert and Irvine will work excellent together and have a chance of getting Blackburn near the play offs this season.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7232 on: November 17, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
I think Lambert and Irvine will work excellent together and have a chance of getting Blackburn near the play offs this season.
They may well do, that doesn't change the fact that they are both dour as hell in interviews.
I also think they will have to make the play off to escape the Venky's chicken axe!
Have to say I'm not really bothered either way. I don't wish anything bad on the bloke, but won't be scouring the papers for Blackburn's results either.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7233 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »
tommy Doc will be translator

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7234 on: November 17, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

I don't think we have any idea how they will work together - for all we know, they could clash bigtime behind the scenes! You don't know until they actually work together!

We can try and paint a pretty picture of Irvine all we want - the fact is the bloke failed at Preston, Sheff Weds and us. Excuses can be made if wanting to present a strong argument for him, but his CV reads failure after failure in a Number 1 position.

I hope he does well elsewhere, as he comes across as a decent, hard working bloke, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club in a managerial capacity!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7235 on: November 17, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »
I don't think we have any idea how they will work together - for all we know, they could clash bigtime behind the scenes! You don't know until they actually work together!

We can try and paint a pretty picture of Irvine all we want - the fact is the bloke failed at Preston, Sheff Weds and us. Excuses can be made if wanting to present a strong argument for him, but his CV reads failure after failure in a Number 1 position.

I hope he does well elsewhere, as he comes across as a decent, hard working bloke, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club in a managerial capacity!

Did he though? I have to disagree. Saved Preston from relegation and took them to play offs, was sacked after a bad run of form. I wouldn't call it a failure when most Preston fans were gutted he left. When Head Coach at Albion he took over a team who limped to safety last season, given players he didn't want and was expected to work miracles with supporters who were fed up and angry before the season started. I can't remember us being in the relegation zone much when Irvine was here.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7236 on: November 17, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Living in the northwest I know a few PNE fans. None of them had a good word to say about Irvine and found it highly amusing when we hired him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7237 on: November 17, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
Living in the northwest I know a few PNE fans. None of them had a good word to say about Irvine and found it highly amusing when we hired him.

i can also remember them rolling over with laughter

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7238 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:27 PM »

I am also in the North West, Preston in fact  and the majority of Preston fans were incredulous at his appointment at the Hawthorns.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7239 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:55 PM »
Did he though? I have to disagree. Saved Preston from relegation and took them to play offs, was sacked after a bad run of form. I wouldn't call it a failure when most Preston fans were gutted he left. When Head Coach at Albion he took over a team who limped to safety last season, given players he didn't want and was expected to work miracles with supporters who were fed up and angry before the season started. I can't remember us being in the relegation zone much when Irvine was here.

Following on from the comments regarding the Preston fans thoughts on him (I only remember reading negative ones when we appointed him) the Sheffield Wednesday fans thought he was dreadful and were very vocal in their negative opinion of him!

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7240 on: November 17, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »
Following on from the comments regarding the Preston fans thoughts on him (I only remember reading negative ones when we appointed him) the Sheffield Wednesday fans thought he was dreadful and were very vocal in their negative opinion of him!

To be fair - they were not all negative at the time of his dismissal, however, the Chairman saw the "writing on the wall" after 10 games without a win and dropping like  a stone into 15th place (what does that remind you of)  At the time of his appointment I asked what they thought of him and the vast majority if not all said " very nice man - manager in the Prem, no way....."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:50:31 PM by B_H_Baggie »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7241 on: November 17, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
I am also in the North West, Preston in fact  and the majority of Preston fans were incredulous at his appointment at the Hawthorns.
Many were surprised by his appointment and very few by his dismissal.

Think that sums up his tenure.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7242 on: November 17, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
I admire your support for him legend but you dont have a leg end to stand on. Viva Pepe :)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7243 on: November 17, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »

Are because we have Tommy Cooper as our manager  :D.

Honestly haven't listened to a managers interview since hodgson, Irvine talked tripe, pepe looked fed up, pulis and he's evil grin just whind me up lol.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7244 on: January 11, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »
where is he Legend

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7245 on: November 19, 2019, 04:34:44 PM »
Former West Brom boss tipped to return to management after job talks

It’s Alan Irvine and he might be OK in the Scottish PL

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-west-brom-boss-tipped-17281706
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7246 on: November 19, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »
Former West Brom boss tipped to return to management after job talks

It’s Alan Irvine and he might be OK in the Scottish PL

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-west-brom-boss-tipped-17281706
Not a headline you would want to see if  you was coming around from concussion, when did he come back!