Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196671 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 01:32:38 PM »
So we’re signing an journeyman for £8m with a poor goal scoring record to replace more than 40 goals in our team. More evidence that a shitshow of a season is on the cards.

I'll wait for the rest of the additions before getting my knickers in a twist.

Zohore will be a good signing providing there are others to compliment the addition.

If come the end of the window, he is the only signing in the forward areas, then I like you will be fuming.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »
He's scored 23 in 77 Championship games - which isn't too bad and for his age it seems a reasonable price. Nonetheless, time will tell as per usual.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
Not a wow signing but seems like Bilic’s “big man”. Still need an out and out goal scorer to compliment. As reports have mentioned if it’s 4 with 4 being add ons / promotion etc then seems not too bad.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »
If it comes to fruition, I look forward to welcoming to Albion and cheering all the goals he is going to score for us  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
this isn't too inspiring

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208465&sid=b6bfbb7523b209b9454cad8745b9ad3f
Can’t say I know much about him, but I’m damned if I’m going to take much notice of other forums. He certainly seems very comfortable with through balls.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2019, 01:45:22 PM »
think you maybe have missed the point. i think most will agree we are not going to spend 40m on transfers this summer.

so 8m is a big percentage of our budget of what we will be spending and taking that into account that it is on a player who has scored 21 goals in 65 appearances is a huge gamble in replacing the goals we have lost from last season.

lets hope he bangs them in for us and Billic can get the best out of him.

If we can shore the defence up and get some discipline into the side we shouldn't need to replace all those goals.
1-0 is as good a win as 4-3
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2019, 01:51:03 PM »
“To reach that figure, Zohore must make a set number of appearances, score a set number of goals, and help the club win promotion”.
This was in Matt Wilson’s article so its 2 Million then :)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »
Can’t say I know much about him, but I’m damned if I’m going to take much notice of other forums. He certainly seems very comfortable with through balls.

You only have to look at our Rondon thread comments and view the Newcastle Rondon thread to see the opinions differ. There are some fans here who think Rondon is rubbish, whereas certain Newcastle fans think he's god.

I will judge Zohore on what he does in a WBA shirt. For what its worth - do I think he's better than HRK...yes. So even on that logic, I'm happy  :D

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
I think 8 million is way over what he is worth. Surely for that kind of money we could have done better?
His goal ratio isnt brilliant either.

given todays prices 8 million (which is including all add ons etc) is a reasonable price and the equivalent to the old 2.5 - 3 mill

he does also look like a player who can play on the shoulder of the last man which in this league could work really well

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »
Brother-in-law watches Cardiff a fair bit and he reckons he's good for champ level, gets in amongst.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2019, 02:54:06 PM »
Brother-in-law watches Cardiff a fair bit and he reckons he's good for champ level, gets in amongst.
Thanks for that mate, much rather a witness view, than a youtube video. I remember the Kryzowiak video, must have been made for the occasion.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »
Certainly seems to know where the net is and can finish one on ones. Left footed too?

Predominantly left footed the 3/4 right foot goals were tap ins.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
I think 8 million is way over what he is worth. Surely for that kind of money we could have done better?
His goal ratio isnt brilliant either.

I think you need a reality check and realise that this is the market we are shopping in now- we paid 16 million for Rondon and there are plenty of our fans who think he is awful - so not sure what you think 8 million is going to get us.

We have gone foe a manager who pretty much has universal fan approval and its fair to assume he has had a say in this purchase so starting off with all the negative stuff before the guy has put on the shirt is quite frankly idiotic.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE SIGNING MESSI

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
I think you need a reality check and realise that this is the market we are shopping in now- we paid 16 million for Rondon and there are plenty of our fans who think he is awful - so not sure what you think 8 million is going to get us.

We have gone foe a manager who pretty much has universal fan approval and its fair to assume he has had a say in this purchase so starting off with all the negative stuff before the guy has put on the shirt is quite frankly idiotic.

We could at least inquire. He's sort of Eastern European like Slaven, well, almost and he's Croatian, well almost.

Go get him Albion.  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »

We could at least inquire. He's sort of Eastern European like Slaven, well, almost and he's Croatian, well almost.

Go get him Albion.  ;D
Mixing your Messi’s with your Modric’s methinks
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 03:40:21 PM »
Not a clue on how good this chap is, Cardiff fans seem happy hes going but one fact is the next strilker we buy or loan better be bloody prolific though judging from his stats.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
The prices have gone mental since the Neymar transfer with Lewis Dunk rated at £45m and McGuire at £80m.

If this deal is £4m down and add ons then It's ok, but his record of 1 in 4 isn't inspiring and very much a younger David McGoldrick type player, who most said no to last season on a free.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2019, 04:21:03 PM »
Transfer news is often misleading. The reason Cardiff are laughing is the fee of 8Mill. But it’s not 8, it’s probably around 4 (which is what we got for Rogers) and will only get to 8 with promotion, goals etc. A bunch of Cardiff fans seem to think there is a player in there if Slav can motivate him. At only 25 who knows.

California Dreaming

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »

If we did sign Messi, certain people on here would be moaning that he’s too old.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
If we did sign Messi, certain people on here would be moaning that he’s too old.

He is quite short too..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2019, 05:00:13 PM »
Come on then - what’s all this better value that’s out there??

It's always a worthwile exercise going through the transfer lists in Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Some clubs will still spend €20 million on a player, but due to getting less money than in England, they have to be more sensible and look for bargains. The majority of signings you see (even this summer) are in the 3-6 million euro bracket. That's Euros! That's their top flight leagues!

They shop more in Eastern Europe and Portugal where there are bargains to be had.

Another good example, Real Sociedad have just paid £8 million for a 19 year old who scored 13 goals between Jan and May this year. Yeah it's the Dutch league, but if he played a season he was on course for 26 goals at the same age as Rakeem Harper. Can you imagine what a player like that would be sold for in England?

There is value out there if you follow a more continental model.

Boing Boing

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
It's always a worthwile exercise going through the transfer lists in Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Some clubs will still spend €20 million on a player, but due to getting less money than in England, they have to be more sensible and look for bargains. The majority of signings you see (even this summer) are in the 3-6 million euro bracket. That's Euros! That's their top flight leagues!

They shop more in Eastern Europe and Portugal where there are bargains to be had.

Another good example, Real Sociedad have just paid £8 million for a 19 year old who scored 13 goals between Jan and May this year. Yeah it's the Dutch league, but if he played a season he was on course for 26 goals at the same age as Rakeem Harper. Can you imagine what a player like that would be sold for in England?

There is value out there if you follow a more continental model.
Our lot don't go and see them. must have electronic tags or summat.  :-X

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
Our lot don't go and see them. must have electronic tags or summat.  :-X
   How do you know they dont go and get them watched?  8)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
Come on then - what’s all this better value that’s out there??
A championship club just sold an England international who scored 20+ last season for 10 million , reckon that's better value myself !!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »
A championship club just sold an England international who scored 20+ last season for 10 million , reckon that's better value myself !!

That remains to be seen given their respective ages - and that is a fatuous example as we could not afford to keep the player in question and he wanted to go.