Poll

Who will win the Championship play offs?

Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion
Aston Villa
Derby County

Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 10738 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Play Offs
« on: May 08, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
It will be an absolute miracle if we go up IMO.

We have to be 4th favourites.

Even if we do go up it will be a long hard season because Shan will be given the gig full time seeing as ‘he will have earnt it’.

I think Leeds will do it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:22:30 PM by BB74 »

bosh

• Junior Baggie

Re: Play Offs
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »
Baggies. Heart ruling the head. Would feel dirty saying otherwise.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
Baggies. Heart ruling the head. Would feel dirty saying otherwise.

On what basis do you think we will beat Villa over two legs and then go on to win at Wembley?

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:31 PM »
On what basis do you think we will beat Villa over two legs and then go on to win at Wembley?
I agree Albion all the way! On the basis that we have played them twice and took 4 points, on the basis I am a supporter of Albion so expect us/ hope to win every game and the fact we have a front 2 that can score for fun, if we click we will batter the lot of em!!! Why are we scared of Villa anyway, they finished below us and didn't beat us this season??

We have a load of 'older' pro's with big game experience, the others don't, relatively young squads and their nerves will get to them

Have Faith! SOTV COYB!!!!!!!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:49:59 PM »
Its in the stars.
We beat the vile in the semis and Derby at Wembly.

KARMA!  8)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Regis Rocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 01:51:05 PM »
Any of the 4 could win it. It could go down to 'luck' and 'hairsplitting decisions', so I've gone for Albion.
The way I see it is that Albion counter attack at Villa Park with Gayle and Philips to win 0-1.
Then we take them back to The Hawthorns and beat them there to set up a final with Derby...for our revenge from 2007 (it's been a long wait).
I then wake from that 'wonderful dream' to have a 'nightmare' the following night...that Villa blast 3 past us in first half hour (a la Bristol City) and although we put up a fightback at the Hawthorns to make it 3-2, it's not quite enough...and we end up saying 'if only we'd played like that first leg'.
You see, anyone could win it depending how you dream 8)
I eat balti pies in the Smethwick...Mmmmm!

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »
Im Albion and have been all my life, never backed anyone to beat us and not going to start now.

COYB SOTV

bosh

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 04:24:15 PM »

No logic whatsoever. Thats why the heart says us - head says we're outsiders and not the team in form. But........ potentially 3 one off games (does that even make sense) who knows?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
........Albion all the way! ........Why are we scared of Villa anyway, ............Have Faith! SOTV COYB!!!!!!!!

I'm not scared of the Vile in any shape or form, I'm looking forward to knocking 'em out  8) .

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »
Sorry, but I think it will be Villa.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
We have to believe that we can beat this lot COYB.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »
Can we keep Albion v Villa talk in the matchday threads please, we don't need or want multiple topics discussing the same things.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »

Quality.

Gayle, Gibbs, Hegazi, Phillips and Brunt.
I was feeling quietly confident until you put the kiss of death on our chances. With your record of predicting how we would do and how Villa would do this season (and Wolves for that matter), I've now written us off completely  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 05:42:26 PM »
Villa must have died during the Easter period and been resurrected as some kind of indestructible force.

It appears I missed the chrysalis like metamorphosis of the pink and blue pyjama clan.

Strange that, especially the bit where they died.

Never mind there's always the next time.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
I was feeling quietly confident until you put the kiss of death on our chances. With your record of predicting how we would do and how Villa would do this season (and Wolves for that matter), I've now written us off completely  ;D

I won 85 quid on Liverpool to go through last night at 16 to 1. Hope this helps.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 05:56:29 PM »
My head says it will not be us getting promotion and I base that on our form and frailties that cannot be over looked. Plus I can't see us beating any other contender, I feel pessimistic about our chances like many fellow baggies. But come the villa game I will be shouting my mouth off in encouragement, cause that's where my heart is.
Come on you baggies surprise the doubters.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 07:18:28 PM »
It really is a lottery. It depends on what we turn up like. At the end of the day I think we could beat all 4 teams if we are playing to our full potential, but I just don't think the squad Jimmy will put out will be good enough. Tactically we've been inept for a while now.

Heart says Baggies, head says Leeds.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »

I won 85 quid on Liverpool to go through last night at 16 to 1. Hope this helps.
Ah, that explains all. We'll win the league, Villa won't make the playoffs, Wolves will be relegated, and now Liverpool to overcome a 3-0 first leg. You are a heart over head man, explains the Brunt fetish as well  :) :)
Congrats on the win though. Hope you had something on them to win it as well, available at 25s before yesterday. Great match, thoroughly deserved to go through. I thought 3-0 in the first leg was harsh to be honest.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 12:36:56 PM »
I would just like to thank both Liverpool and Tottenham for showing me that we should never give up.
I have been feeling as negative as anyone about our chances but it's time to get on board now. These two champs league games should give us all hope and, whatever happens at Villa Park, we need to rock up on Tuesday and raise the roof! These games do not come around very often, we should be loving every minute of it, not sulking and moaning.
I know we are no Liverpool or Tottenham but Villa are no Barca or Ajax either and we've shown more than once this season that we are capable of a fightback, when necessary.
Come on boys, let's put em out!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 12:39:11 PM »
I would just like to thank both Liverpool and Tottenham for showing me that we should never give up.
I have been feeling as negative as anyone about our chances but it's time to get on board now. These two champs league games should give us all hope and, whatever happens at Villa Park, we need to rock up on Tuesday and raise the roof! These games do not come around very often, we should be loving every minute of it, not sulking and moaning.
I know we are no Liverpool or Tottenham but Villa are no Barca or Ajax either and we've shown more than once this season that we are capable of a fightback, when necessary.

Blo*dy great post and echoes my sentiments entirely.... Come on boys!!!!

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »
Couldn’t agree more. Vile might think they are Barcelona, but they are not. We have no reason to fear them, they are no better than us, and Liverpool and Spurs showed that if you play without fear anything can happen. We have a chance to get to Wembley by beating them, what a feeling that will be if it happens. COYB SOTV.

walter baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
Villa are not as good as some think they are ,players need to up the gears for the playoffs ,and we will sail through them!!!

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE,

SOTV

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
Villa has got one talisman. Keep Grealish quiet and they are worse than ordinary.

I would say they have the same amount of threats as we do.

I would say their best 3 players are Grealish, Mcginn and Abraham. Keep them quiet and you win.

Same with us, keep Gayle, Rodriguez and Phillips quiet and more than likely we lose.

It's going to come down to who wants it more.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:39 PM »

I would say their best 3 players are Grealish, Mcginn and Abraham. Keep them quiet and you win.

Same with us, keep Gayle, Rodriguez and Phillips quiet and more than likely we lose.

McGinn and Abraham played while Grealish was injured, they trucked along at 1.2 points a game or something. The epitome of a one man team.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 02:43:26 PM »

They have four huge players Mings, Grealish, McGinn and Abraham. We have two Hegazi, Gayle.

They are the better team. We have to hope for luck / the breaks and one or two of ours to over-perform while one or two of theirs under perform.