Author Topic: Scott Sinclair  (Read 306423 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Scott Sinclair
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-steve-clarke-2999262

We are interested in Scott Sinclair along with half the other clubs in the Premier League. He is the type of player we need and will be leaving Man City this summer. I think our chances of landing him are pretty slim.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:23:11 AM by Political Cake »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Scott Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »
Would be a cracking signing. Is this the marquee signing Steve Clarke was talking about?

As said, will be a lot of competition to get him.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:29 AM »
This would be a great signing if we could get him, can score goals, he has pace the player that we are looking for.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:14:56 AM »
Bloody hell if we sign sinclair and simpson i think ill be requesting a season ticket seat move to inbetween tulisa and helen flanaghan. Looking at the stands will be more intresting then the game :-)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:16:42 AM »
Ideal signing for me and would fit into our system perfectly as a replacement for Odemwingie.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
Exactly the type of player we need, someone with a bit of pace and trickery on the wing who can add a few goals. I think it'll be a big struggle to get him though, but then not many of us would have thought Foster was possible either (at least as cheap as 4m).

Presumably if we'd be willing to spend 5m+ on a player, I'd hope we'd also be looking at Tom Ince. Blackpool are struggling, and with the end of parachute payments I'm guessing he would be gettable for a reasonable amount, whilst his wages will probably be very little at the moment.

Either one would be tremendous signings.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
Bloody hell if we sign sinclair and simpson i think ill be requesting a season ticket seat move to inbetween tulisa and helen flanaghan. Looking at the stands will be more intresting then the game :-)

According to today's papers Flanaghan has given Sinclair his P45 :D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
Although he has only had one season in the Premiership he was excellent for Swansea last season. We will have a lot of competition but I really hope we can get his signature this summer.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Exactly the type of player we need, someone with a bit of pace and trickery on the wing who can add a few goals. I think it'll be a big struggle to get him though, but then not many of us would have thought Foster was possible either (at least as cheap as 4m).

Presumably if we'd be willing to spend 5m+ on a player, I'd hope we'd also be looking at Tom Ince. Blackpool are struggling, and with the end of parachute payments I'm guessing he would be gettable for a reasonable amount, whilst his wages will probably be very little at the moment.

Either one would be tremendous signings.

Any club interested in Sinclair should  be interested in Ince they are in essence the same player. Unfortunately there are probably at least three teams who would be interested in both players who are willing and able to outbid us on fees and wages.

Blackpool turned down £6m for Ince and were talking about a £10m fee although the player only has one year left on his contract. By comparison City might be happy to break even on the £6.5m that they shelled out for Sinclair last summer (technically that would be a profit on a transfer which would be a first for City in recent times) Given the level of interest in Ince although his current wages are likely to be peanuts I doubt he would be a cheaper option than Sinclair.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »
The doubt i have about renewing my season ticket would be no more
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
He has been mentioned several times by people on sites like this and social media as an ideal player to look at this summer. Would be a good fit for the system we play, will be competition for his signature but if we are serious about keeping up with other mid table sides we need to stretch the budgets a little.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
Did Clarke have Sinclair as a youngster at Chelsea ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
According to today's papers Flanaghan has given Sinclair his P45 :D

Bummer , i wouldnt sign him then :-)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
He is exactly what we are missing and needing, pace and trickery.

Would be a signing of intent.
"This crack is really moreish."

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
yeah he did Dexy so we could always hope  :)

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 11:04:43 AM »
Would be ideal and really bring a buzz of excitement for next season. Hope we can pull it off.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »
Has there been any reports about his wage?would we be able to afford him?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »
Has there been any reports about his wage?would we be able to afford him?

Going to City you know he's on a big contract, with that said if we want to maintain our mid table position next season we will need to invest in the squad. With the new tv deal there should be room for manoeuvre with wages if the transfer fee is reasonable.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »
Just emailed the club that if they are looking to sign players like Scott Sinclair then they need not worry about my hesitation to renew my season ticket
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »
Just emailed the club that if they are looking to sign players like Scott Sinclair then they need not worry about my hesitation to renew my season ticket

Thats Sinclair in the bag then :D

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
This is the exactly the type of player we need to sign, pace trickery and a goal threat, oh and the actual fact he's a winger not a striker that can actually play on the wing! Quite a decent penalty taker so I recall.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
He would be a good, young, and English replacement for Odemwingie. We won't get him.

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
Would love to see him at The Albion but I suspect wages and competition for his signature would be an issue.

5/6 million fee is not beyond though

I remember Clarke saying that his ideal side includes pace an the wings which has been badly lacking at times this season.
The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »
with reid,odemwingie and maybe a couple more of the top earners moving on perhaps we could compete wages wise. a real sign of intent would be to go for ince and sinclair. with them 2 playing either side of long and yacob,mulumbu and either brunt or jimmy behind them that would be a great midfield and front 3.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »
with reid,odemwingie and maybe a couple more of the top earners moving on perhaps we could compete wages wise. a real sign of intent would be to go for ince and sinclair. with them 2 playing either side of long and yacob,mulumbu and either brunt or jimmy behind them that would be a great midfield and front 3.

Too much to expect Ince too in my opinion. He's near the point Sinclair was prior to signing for City, let go by a big club before making a name for himself and then moving onto another big club.

Blackpool will cash in on Ince in the summer and he'll probably end up back at Liverpool for big money, he could either make an instant impact or end up like Sinclair has at City. If anything Ince will have a better chance back at Liverpool as they simply aren't as big a club as they once were and have been left behind by others.