Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851572 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2018, 08:47:56 PM »
The way I see it is folks on here keep talking about taking a huge gamble giving big Dave the job,well its a big gamble giving it to an experienced manager as we've found to our cost.
So a gamble is a gamble regardless of who it is,let Dave learn with us as he progresses its a mutual thang.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2018, 11:41:05 PM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/04/29/darren-moore-emerges-as-serious-contender-for-west-brom-job-as-ben-foster-urges-board-to-give-him-the-role/

"Darren Moore has emerged as a serious contender for the permanent Albion job after receiving backing from senior members of the dressing room".

Which reads that certain players are happy that they have someone they like in charge, been down that road before, didn't end well. Not interested in mates or cliques, want someone with balls to upset a few when its needed, can Big Dave do that ? will the little clique like being upset by their old mate if he dares to drop them or will we see certain players being picked regardless ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2018, 12:06:10 AM »
I think this is a major PR gaff from Foster. Players shouldn't be openly lobbying for any particular candidate and of course the the $60,000 question is "Do any of those making plans to leave like working with Darren Moore so much that they will take a 50% pay cut?" No, thought not.

I am pleased that Foster and Brunt seem to be committed to the club for next year but it really isn't their call who the next coach is. They have to work with whoever the club appoints and in point of fact the harder they lobby for Darren the more an alternative coach is likely to view him as a threat and want him gone rather take him on.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2018, 01:51:52 AM »
I think this is a major PR gaff from Foster. Players shouldn't be openly lobbying for any particular candidate and of course the the $60,000 question is "Do any of those making plans to leave like working with Darren Moore so much that they will take a 50% pay cut?" No, thought not.

I am pleased that Foster and Brunt seem to be committed to the club for next year but it really isn't their call who the next coach is. They have to work with whoever the club appoints and in point of fact the harder they lobby for Darren the more an alternative coach is likely to view him as a threat and want him gone rather take him on.   

You are overthinking it. These are model professionals who know how the game works. Absolutely nothing wrong with them voicing their support for big Dave. Fair play to them I say because it takes balls to do that.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »
Surely" those making plans" are thinking I don't think I'll get what I'm currently being paid at WBA, I'm actually only worth 50% less.
The grass isn't always greener,anyway if they don't want to stay,we didn't want you anyway.
Funny that brunty said he expects a lot to stay,perhaps McLean just wants to go go play for Celtic,so let him go if they are stupid enough to buy a car crash waiting to happen,please go ahead.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2018, 06:30:55 AM »
Surely" those making plans" are thinking I don't think I'll get what I'm currently being paid at WBA, I'm actually only worth 50% less.
The grass isn't always greener,anyway if they don't want to stay,we didn't want you anyway.
Funny that brunty said he expects a lot to stay,perhaps McLean just wants to go go play for Celtic,so let him go if they are stupid enough to buy a car crash waiting to happen,please go ahead.

Fair play to McLean, he's got a football ambition, to play for the club he's supported from a kid.
I can accept that rather than players with already probably having more money than they will ever need, wanting to go anywhere else that will pay them even more.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2018, 06:41:11 AM »
Darren got in at the "dirty end" and has learnt "on the job".

Pardew never got his hands dirty, and yet he was appointed manager.
I think we all know someone who has got paper qualifications but are absolutely useless at their job.
To quantify that last statement....
How many people do you know have a driving licence and are useless?

Repeat...
He deserves the job, he has earned the right to do the job.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2018, 07:11:18 AM »
You are overthinking it. These are model professionals who know how the game works. Absolutely nothing wrong with them voicing their support for big Dave. Fair play to them I say because it takes balls to do that.

If they were model professionals they wouldn't have started to phone it in under Pardew not to mention taxigate. It takes no balls to pipe up in the media when you have a contract and pretty much can't or won't be sacked for doing so. On the other hand it takes brains to hold your tongue.

If the board ask for an opinion they should give it even go and see Jenkins but to go to the media is dumb. If Moore get's the job will he be seen as beholden to a group of senior pro's or if he doesn't and things go badly for his successor are the same players are likely to be accused of sulking because their man didn't get the job.

Very few think I'm lucky to be earning 50% of what I'm currently on. Even if they can't make what they do at the Albion they will be looking to minimise their losses and with an extra year on a contract a decent signing on fee even a 20% wage cut won't leave them too much worse off but they will be a lot better off than they are staying at the Albion.

I suspect that the Senior Pro's are the ones that predate Pulis. e.g. Foster,Brunt, Yacob ,McAuley Dawson and Myhill. Some of whom are out of contract and might be thinking that they might have a better chance of getting the options taken up or a new deal under Moore than a new broom.

Pardew never got his hands dirty, and yet he was appointed manager.
I think we all know someone who has got paper qualifications but are absolutely useless at their job.
To quantify that last statement....
How many people do you know have a driving licence and are useless?

Repeat...
He deserves the job, he has earned the right to do the job.

Nearly everyone I know who has a driving licence is a better driver than someone who has never driven a car.

Besides which Darren is a fully qualified coach. I would have a huge issue giving it anyone who wasn't.

Pardew also learnt on the job is a product of the culture that places effort over technical prowess and "inspirational"  speeches over tactical know-how. He is the generation that had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards a professional coaching education for ex-players many of whom to this day grumble about the requirement for a player to learn the skills of coaching because of their experience as players.

Darren has no more earned this job than any other suitably qualified candidate and would be extremely lucky to get this opportunity to get a Head Coach role at a good Championship club at this stage of his career. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »

I see the logic here, I fear DM is riding the wave of not being Pulis or Pardew.

Can't remember which poster said it but I'm in agreement with their wish for him to win every game as caretaker, then resume next season as part of the coaching staff or assistant manager. If it went sour next season I wouldn't be able to cope with sacking him.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »
Nearly everyone I know who has a driving licence is a better driver than someone who has never driven a car.

And yet ironically, it's been a car crash of a season with those two Reginald Molehusbands in charge with all their licences and all of a sudden we're cruising.

Qualifications.  One of my class at Poly years ago was disappointed he was only getting a 2.1 degree, to which the assessor immediately replied:
"Tell you something son, your degree isn't worth a tuppenny toss in the real world of working".
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2018, 12:31:46 AM »
lets say we get 3 points from last 2 games ... at a basic level of analysis/decision making are they really going to decide not to appoint someone who took 11 points from 6 toughish games ...especially given the paucity of available alternative candidates

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2018, 06:37:25 AM »
Whatever happens, whoever takes over, whether the players are playing for the shirt of a move, not bothered who stays and who goes........

Thanks Big Dave for putting a smile back on our fans faces and restoring a bit of pride back on the terraces  ;)

Top top man!

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2018, 08:49:28 AM »
Whatever happens, whoever takes over, whether the players are playing for the shirt of a move, not bothered who stays and who goes........

Thanks Big Dave for putting a smile back on our fans faces and restoring a bit of pride back on the terraces  ;)

Top top man!

He is a top man and with what he as achieved now and what he did as a player puts him on the short list of Albion all time legends...And that's why he should not take the job because he will eventually get the sack and I don't want that for him.... He should  remain at the Albion on the coaching staff and be know as a one of the greats ...not if but when he gets the sack he is out of the club.. Do we really want to see his career at the Albion end like that...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:29:12 AM by kev »

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »

He is a top man and with what he as achieved now and what he did as a player puts him on the short list of Albion all time legends...And that's why he should not take the job because he will eventually get the sack and I don't want that for him.... He should  remain at the Albion on the coaching staff and be know as a one of the greats ...not if but when he gets the sack he is out of the club.. Do we really want to see his career at the Albion end like that...
If that’s the chance he wants to take them that’s his professional choice. If he fails as a manager I don’t think anybody will forget all the rest. One thing is for sure, I can’t remember an Albion manager that will have been universally backed by all the fans upon appointment.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
If that’s the chance he wants to take them that’s his professional choice. If he fails as a manager I don’t think anybody will forget all the rest. One thing is for sure, I can’t remember an Albion manager that will have been universally backed by all the fans upon appointment.

That's quite a good point actually.

If its not Darren then as other threads have shown we are very divided on who should be considered. Personally I am not in favour at present BUT the evidence is there for all to see. I echo others views about the players playing for themselves, but something has definitely happened in the dressing room and he really has got them playing as a team. We have been talking about an up and coming new talent like Smith or Potter. Why not Moore?
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2018, 02:57:04 PM »
Darren Moore should be named "Manager" of the Month

Can't think of anyone who deserves it more, but then again I admit to be being biased!

Darren Moore has been nominated for April's Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month...

Surely must win it!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »
Isnt a curse usually bestowed upon the winner as well?

Leave that for Mourinho.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2018, 11:25:53 PM »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2018, 12:32:59 AM »
 :D Have to give Big Dave the Assistant role in coaching the team. He has to be there...but I don't want him to be the "fall guy" if things go wrong.

He is getting close to getting his own statue/gates as Legend status...take my hat off to you Big Dave. ;D ;D ;D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »
:D Have to give Big Dave the Assistant role in coaching the team. He has to be there...but I don't want him to be the "fall guy" if things go wrong.

He is getting close to getting his own statue/gates as Legend status...take my hat off to you Big Dave. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe Big Dave doesn't want to play second fiddle!
Maybe he figures he's done enough over the last few games to warrant a crack on his own.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »
Maybe Big Dave doesn't want to play second fiddle!
Maybe he figures he's done enough over the last few games to warrant a crack on his own.
;D Tuamigos we are of the same vintage,and I agree deep down he probably would like the job....I would also like him to stay at the club for the next 10 years in some capacity....my comment is "I don't want him to be the fall guy" and as you well know a Manager is only as good as his last result.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2018, 07:48:02 AM »
;D Tuamigos we are of the same vintage,and I agree deep down he probably would like the job....I would also like him to stay at the club for the next 10 years in some capacity....my comment is [b]"I don't want him to be the fall guy"[/b] and as you well know a Manager is only as good as his last result.

Me neither, but as we both know nice guys get crapped on!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
Not wanting Moore as manager in case he has to be sacked at a later date is the worst reason not to want him imo...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.