Author Topic: 10 Mar 2024 Huddersfield Town 1 Albion 4  (Read 6779 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2024, 06:12:07 PM »

Two teams on the pitch. I thought QPR were outstanding against us in midweek. More than happy to leave with a point.

They most definitely were, and I think they have far more quality generally than Huddersfield, I will certainly concede that. This is what worried me most about how abject we were first half, the fact we were so poor against such an awful side. Thankfully we woke up second half and redressed the balance

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2024, 08:02:44 PM »
Just got back from a weekend in Larndon.
Took my wife there for her birthday to see SIX. (A bit like Spice Girls, really).
Nice to see the result for us.
Long may it continue.
Edit...Just watched the highlights on You Tube.  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2024, 08:07:03 PM »
Just got back from a weekend in Larndon.
Took my wife there for her birthday to see SIX. (A bit like Spice Girls, really).
Nice to see the result for us.
Long may it continue.
Edit...Just watched the highlights on You Tube.  ;D

Did you pay £7.50 a pint or did you manage to find some 'cheap' boozers here?

Hope it was a good trip, COYB

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2024, 08:17:07 PM »
I think you are wrong about Palmer. In fact, I think he made some vital saves today which otherwise might have given Huddrsfield the chance to get back in teh game. Also, I don't know what your definition of a blooper is. The goal today was shot under his diving body, something you see tons of times every weekend.
Your entitled to your opinion
I hope Palmer cuts out the errors which seem to have crept in more recently and more often has opposed to now and again and proves me wrong
The goal started with him dithering on the ball and giving away possession which was compounded by him being slow to get down , I’d argue he could have used his feet to save it
If you read Bombers opinion of the goal it pretty much echoes my opinion
The first half was a poor display by all and sometimes if plan A isn’t working go back to basics and go over the press
I appreciate we are missing a natural number 9 to hold the ball up but sometimes I’d like to see us stick an extra man in midfield away from home probably swift
Swift retains the ball very well

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2024, 08:52:00 PM »
They most definitely were, and I think they have far more quality generally than Huddersfield, I will certainly concede that. This is what worried me most about how abject we were first half, the fact we were so poor against such an awful side. Thankfully we woke up second half and redressed the balance
Such an awful side which the previous week had held the leagues best team to a 1-1 draw with only 10 men.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2024, 09:20:10 PM »
Must say, I couldn't get enough of Okay's goal. A true Alan Partridge special  :P ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2024, 09:22:14 PM »

Did you pay £7.50 a pint or did you manage to find some 'cheap' boozers here?

Hope it was a good trip, COYB

Bought the cans and the wine from M&S and took them back to the hotel.
Meals and drinks have to be paid for though. Bella Italia came to £89.39 but was really nice. The Coal Hole was just £59.11 including the meals.
Been stung in the past, so now watch where my pension goes.  :o

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2024, 09:23:46 PM »
Back to the match, lads....
Good result, which means everything thing which happens is in our hands.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2024, 09:44:43 PM »
Yokuslu’s strike. 🤩

That’s the kind you dream about. And have never managed in real life.

Unsaveable. Absolutely superb. For those of us of a certain vintage even Bobby Charlton never hit a ball more sweetly than that.

Sheer perfection.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2024, 09:59:07 PM »
Yokuslu’s strike. 🤩

That’s the kind you dream about. And have never managed in real life.

Unsaveable. Absolutely superb. For those of us of a certain vintage even Bobby Charlton never hit a ball more sweetly than that.

Sheer perfection.

Bomber, even though I love the bloke. Jeff and Bobby were fantastic at supplying him, and he reacted by supplying the sweetest shots.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2024, 10:29:34 PM »
Such an awful side which the previous week had held the leagues best team to a 1-1 draw with only 10 men.

Both those things are true though. Last week Huddersfield were solid against Leeds, today they were poor even in the first half.

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2024, 10:35:01 PM »
The Huddersfield forum is pretty entertaining reading folks bicker about CC lol one called him the best tactical manager and other said him finishing 3rd with them was a fluke lmao I sense some sour grapes

We do have a phenomenal coach, only flaw is maybe he sometimes overthinks but the fact that all the players praise him I think says it all! I can only imagine what we could achieve brining his own players in without budget restrictions

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2024, 11:04:21 PM »
Your entitled to your opinion
I hope Palmer cuts out the errors which seem to have crept in more recently and more often has opposed to now and again and proves me wrong
The goal started with him dithering on the ball and giving away possession which was compounded by him being slow to get down , I’d argue he could have used his feet to save it
If you read Bombers opinion of the goal it pretty much echoes my opinion
The first half was a poor display by all and sometimes if plan A isn’t working go back to basics and go over the press
In theory, you can say almost every goal conceded is a defensive error. Yet I never read here how any of our goals scored are down to the opposition keeper making a blooper.
Is that because opposition keepers are all so good?   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2024, 07:56:40 AM »
Must say, I couldn't get enough of Okay's goal. A true Alan Partridge special  :P ;D

Made all the more spectacular by the spray of water through the air as the net just about managed to hold the ball. Superb strike in terrible conditions.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2024, 09:00:39 AM »
Okay's strike was the more impressive in that there was little back lift just sweet timing.  That's a real asset because he can get a shot away a vital split-second quicker.

Re the match, I thought that the Terriers could have had at least 2  had they been better taking their chances, especially after Bartley went off.  Without him we have to play:-
  • Pieters who is a  canny defender but is not confident passing forward and doesn't have great presence on corners
  • Ajayi who is quick over the grass but not so quick to react.  To me he seems to have something bottled up inside distracting him.  He can pass forward though.

This Mikey chap's coming on isn't he?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2024, 01:21:59 PM »
The first half was as poor as we've been in a long while. We were lucky to go in 1-0 down to be honest because we were all over the shop.

Second half was totally different - intensity of everything we did was much better and it looked as though the players had a kick up the backside.

Good to see the goals flying to put the game to bed - meant we could really see out the remainder of the game as opposed to the hanging on that we've done in recent weeks.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom