Author Topic: TV Games  (Read 142713 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: TV Games
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
Quite possibly because a lot of VPN’s throttle  speeds .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2020, 12:38:42 PM »
Quite possibly because a lot of VPN’s throttle  speeds .

Ahh, thanks for explaining. I'll stick to my freebie ones then i think

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
I use an IPTV in conjunction with a VPN. I don't normally have any issues but I am normally a minute behind the game... story of my life really. Occasionally freezes but I can live with that....

You need a fast broadband for it though.
MAGA!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2020, 01:41:57 PM »
Its shameful that Sky can't seem to hold back on exploiting this pandemic crisis for their own greed, and its inevitable that fans will search for other viewing alternatives on the internet. 
The iFollow offer last season for the EFL was reasonable. It worked out at about £10 a game, taking into account that they didn't cover live games being covered on Sky or BT.(in Albion's case about a third). But Sky's latest £14.95 per game on top of what fans are already paying is taking the pee. Its not an argument that it would be cheaper than what the admission prices to the ground are. The matchday experience in the stadium is a completly different experience from sitting on your sofa in your living room.
I was never tempted into a full year contract with Sky, when previously we were in the premier League, for the simple reason that too many of our games are given a miss. If you're a fan of Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal etc. the Sky package makes some sense. 

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »
I think £14.95 is a bit steep - £10 or £12 max would be more reasonable.

Sky or BT box office will have certain advantages over iFollow
- more reliable coverage quality
- will be able to record and watch 'as live' at a different time which is handy if you have work or some other commitment at the time of the match.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
They need to think of a season pass for each team. Cost it around £50 for the rest of the season and I think most fans would accept that.

Do you need to be a sky sports subscriber to watch these games or will they be available on other platforms/devices?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2020, 06:23:43 PM »
They need to think of a season pass for each team. Cost it around £50 for the rest of the season and I think most fans would accept that.

Do you need to be a sky sports subscriber to watch these games or will they be available on other platforms/devices?
Good question. You may need to be setup to receive Sky channels even if you are not currently subscribing to it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2020, 06:55:45 PM »

It's a temporary measure until the end of October.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2020, 09:08:35 PM »
Telegraph Football Twitter Account

Premier League urged to scrap its PPV plan as fans piling into pubs could cause coronavirus spike
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »
Telegraph Football Twitter Account

Premier League urged to scrap its PPV plan as fans piling into pubs could cause coronavirus spike

No worries, they'll just shut the pubs 😂

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »
It's a temporary measure until the end of October.
What's supposed to magically happen by the end of October?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2020, 09:21:29 PM »
No worries, they'll just shut the pubs 😂

The money we save at the pub will cover the PPV costs  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2020, 09:21:44 PM »
What's supposed to magically happen by the end of October?

They will decide what to do going forward if pilot returns are still off the menu.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2020, 10:26:39 PM »
This has been coming for years.
The next step is a season ticket home and/or away for you club and you wont even have to enter a football stadium to watch them.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2020, 07:48:36 AM »
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but why on earth are we playing the next three games in a row on Monday at 530?  ???

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2020, 09:32:00 AM »
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but why on earth are we playing the next three games in a row on Monday at 530?  ???

They want all games spaced out to maximise any potential money. We are the least desirable so we end up with the least desirable time, or the time where they expect the least viewers.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #391 on: October 13, 2020, 06:44:01 AM »
News has emerged it was the Broadcasters who set the price. So the choice given to the clubs was either this at £15 or nothing i.e. no live access to the October games for most clubs. 

Fans aren't going to be allowed back in stadiums before Christmas and even then at a greatly reduced level.

My initial response was cancel Sky and BT and let them know why. Even if you are doing so for economic reasons tell them that their £15 a game is a step too far. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #392 on: October 13, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »
News has emerged it was the Broadcasters who set the price. So the choice given to the clubs was either this at £15 or nothing i.e. no live access to the October games for most clubs. 

Fans aren't going to be allowed back in stadiums before Christmas and even then at a greatly reduced level.

My initial response was cancel Sky and BT and let them know why. Even if you are doing so for economic reasons tell them that their £15 a game is a step too far.

That was my initial thought as well, especially as they had been pushing watch every game live before the season started then dropped this.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #393 on: October 14, 2020, 09:08:21 AM »
sky is cancelled
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #394 on: October 14, 2020, 11:25:39 AM »
Went against all my principles re Murdoch and his ilk took. sky to watch cricket and F1 which he has also killed. Albion never on enough under normal circumstances to bother, but great to be able to have some sort of coverage. All now cancelled. Will use Now tv 24 hr pass for £9.99 when sky deign to put us on non ppt.

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #395 on: October 14, 2020, 12:11:54 PM »
Cancelled Sky Sports 12mths ago. Prices were getting crazy. IPTV for me. No guilt.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #396 on: October 14, 2020, 02:18:59 PM »
Sky are a joke. That's why I feel no shame in using the best IPTV service around for the last 5 years. The customer service is better than those jokers too!!! They are just greedy money grabbers.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2020, 09:44:31 AM »
They're taking the urine in how long they're leaving it to decide on TV games too. Yes we can't go to the games but some of us need to know more than just a week or two in advance to make sure we're off work, especially if we're playing on Monday afternoon.

Half way through October and we still have no idea when we'll be playing in November.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
Cancelled Sky Sports 12mths ago. Prices were getting crazy. IPTV for me. No guilt.

Still got Sky but I cancelled BT Sport. From what was a £14.99 per month 18 month contract, it crept up without me noticing to £34.99 a month from June. Absolutely no automatic reduction for the months of no live sport at all, just a hefty increase.

IPTV for me as well for their occasional interesting game - a complete bunch of clowns.
MAGA!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #399 on: October 15, 2020, 05:29:51 PM »
Still got Sky but I cancelled BT Sport. From what was a £14.99 per month 18 month contract, it crept up without me noticing to £34.99 a month from June. Absolutely no automatic reduction for the months of no live sport at all, just a hefty increase.

IPTV for me as well for their occasional interesting game - a complete bunch of clowns.
Just for info, BT now do a monthly pass (no contract) £25.