Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070248 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #6750 on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »
The Dingles are in a spot of bother here, another piece in the Telegraph about the role of Mendes from a legal standpoint. No smoke without fire

If we could quickly get 3 wins, could still be a superb end to this season  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6751 on: March 05, 2018, 11:55:53 PM »
The Dingles are in a spot of bother here, another piece in the Telegraph about the role of Mendes from a legal standpoint. No smoke without fire

If we could quickly get 3 wins, could still be a superb end to this season  ;D

Think I saw you in the methodone queue in my Boots today. :D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6752 on: March 06, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »
as much as i'd love to see it all fall apart for them i can't see what they've done wrong here with Mendes involvement, and if they weren't looking nailed on for promotion the other clubs wouldn't give a monkeys how they were doing it.

the only thing they may be in risk of is FFP but like QPR and Leicester if they gain promotion then breaking FFP isn't a worry until they are back in the championship.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6753 on: March 07, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »
I don't think they're doing wrong but Mendes and his involvement in football needs looking at, his players all seem to drift between certain clubs each season in different countries
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6754 on: March 08, 2018, 09:01:35 AM »
I don't think they're doing wrong but Mendes and his involvement in football needs looking at, his players all seem to drift between certain clubs each season in different countries

thats how Mendes makes his money though isn't it. he's collecting an agents fee on each move so it's in his own personal interests to move his players around.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6755 on: March 08, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
It's pretty much irrelevant now anyway. After that win against Leeds yesterday they are almost realistically over the line for at least promotion at this point. It just remains to be seen on whether they can hold off Cardiff/Villa for the title, Saturday's game at the seal pen could be the defining game for both of them.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6756 on: March 10, 2018, 08:18:29 AM »
If Mendes was involved with the Albion in the way he is with Wolves I would feel uncomfortable even if at the moment the arrangement is working.

Firstly Mendes has no skin in the game with Wolves while the arrangement is working fine but when the two parties interests diverge it is the club that will be shafted.

Secondly the nature of the deal that has been struck here is unclear. If it is a means for Forsun to in effect bypass FFP regulations by using Mendes as conduit to subsidise the club off the books and this is exposed the punishment will be punitive.

Thirdly there is an issue of transparency who owns what? Look at the Progba transfer and the fees  Mino Raiola  extracted from the deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/09/fifa-investigates-paul-pogbas-89m-move-manchester-united-claims/

That level of financial interest is tantamount to third party ownership and the agent bares no risk nor does they offer services to the player that justify it. They merely take money out of the game.

The twitter outburst from Andy Holt (Chairman of Accrington Stanley) is instructive as is the dark threat from the Premier League. If ever the football authorities are forced to take action (as they were when they introduced FFP and outlawing Third Party ownership) then the relationship between Mendes and Wolves places the club in the firing line. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6757 on: March 11, 2018, 06:46:23 AM »
Chokin it again aye we?  :D :D :D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #6758 on: March 11, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »
If they blew it, after crawling out the woodwork for the first time in 40 years and all the big one they've been giving it about expanding the Molineux to 60,000, Champions League in 3 years, best football ever garbage, I think the Midlands would keep over as everybody laughed themselves to death.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6759 on: March 11, 2018, 07:43:26 PM »
If they blew it, after crawling out the woodwork for the first time in 40 years and all the big one they've been giving it about expanding the Molineux to 60,000, Champions League in 3 years, best football ever garbage, I think the Midlands would keep over as everybody laughed themselves to death.

Almost as much as we laugh at your chyte heads

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6760 on: March 12, 2018, 02:31:53 PM »

I can't see them failing to go up automatically but it looks like they may lose the title race.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6761 on: March 12, 2018, 09:12:02 PM »
Shades of 2002

11 points in front of us in March
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6762 on: March 23, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »
Last time Wolves fans were getting this excited I remember being told how Sylvann He Eatscake was going to score 20 goals a season in the Premier League.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6763 on: March 23, 2018, 09:54:24 AM »
Good luck to them, they are going up with hope and excitement which is what all fans want, think it will end in tears with the Mendes stuff but would rather be in their shoes than ours right now!

The reality is they are nowhere near as good as some of them think,  they are flat track bullies, they have lost to all the three teams below them including two in recent weeks.

They have also dropped points against most of the other teams competing for the playoffs as well as losing against Swansea who were at the time were in terrible form.

In normal circumstances thats fine, however as some Wolves fans think they are revolutionising football and that Man City can only dream of playing the way Wolves do, i think they need to be up their game a bit as most decent sides in the top of that league have taken points off them and if you want to win the premier league next year, you cant drop points like that.

Some Wolves fans i know are enjoying the ride, going along with the banter with Ronaldo signing, etc but a worrying amount think they are going to be champions league next season and are serious, I would imagine this time next season they will be in the bottom 6 or 8, competing in a relegation battle (and probably doing a better job than us at the moment to be fair) and some fans bubbles will be well and truly burst.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6764 on: March 23, 2018, 01:33:45 PM »
Good luck to them, they are going up with hope and excitement which is what all fans want, think it will end in tears with the Mendes stuff but would rather be in their shoes than ours right now!

The reality is they are nowhere near as good as some of them think,  they are flat track bullies, they have lost to all the three teams below them including two in recent weeks.

They have also dropped points against most of the other teams competing for the playoffs as well as losing against Swansea who were at the time were in terrible form.

In normal circumstances thats fine, however as some Wolves fans think they are revolutionising football and that Man City can only dream of playing the way Wolves do, i think they need to be up their game a bit as most decent sides in the top of that league have taken points off them and if you want to win the premier league next year, you cant drop points like that.

Some Wolves fans i know are enjoying the ride, going along with the banter with Ronaldo signing, etc but a worrying amount think they are going to be champions league next season and are serious, I would imagine this time next season they will be in the bottom 6 or 8, competing in a relegation battle (and probably doing a better job than us at the moment to be fair) and some fans bubbles will be well and truly burst.

Can't wait for the pop

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6765 on: March 23, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
Got to give it to them after it looked like the bubble was bursting and the pressure was on they have got back to winning ways.

Fair play to them if they go up but they wont be challenging they will be doing what every other team does...trying to stay up

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6766 on: March 23, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
Only played Reading and Burton . I can see Cardiff going up as champions

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6767 on: March 23, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
Not all Wolves Fans are Idioms and I feel sorry for some of them With what we've put up with one of them wished that we could stay up so we could have a Midlands Mini League and We share Banter as we discuss the Villa there new shirt is Hilarious The Wolves says mind the gap and Well I let you See the Villa kit for yourself😁
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6768 on: March 28, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6769 on: March 28, 2018, 11:44:15 AM »
Let them. Short memories they clearly have and it is not as if they have even been a contributing factor to our season whereas in 2012 and 2002 we very much contributed to their downfall in both instances so had every right to brag about it.

We should congratulate them...chucking an absurd amount of money at it has finally got them promotion unlike in 2001/02 when our team on a shoestring budget beat their expensively assembled side to promotion.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6770 on: March 28, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/repaying-a-little-gesture-to-west-bromwich-albion

Dingles flying a banner over The Hawthorns.

Fair enough, what goes around comes around but this line made me laugh.........

"Let's take this rare opportunity to heap more pain on their misery and repay the gesture"

............ yes lads and lasses it is a rare opportunity isn't it?

Make the most of it  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6771 on: March 28, 2018, 12:21:00 PM »
Fair enough, what goes around comes around but this line made me laugh.........

"Let's take this rare opportunity to heap more pain on their misery and repay the gesture"

............ yes lads and lasses it is a rare opportunity isn't it?

Make the most of it  ;) .

Look at the Gypo's
30 fans have raised £20 so far  ;D
I bet whole families have been on the streets to raise that.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6772 on: March 28, 2018, 11:03:21 PM »
They're having their best season in recent history and all they can do is still think about us, i find it funny. Small time club.
Smethwick..

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6773 on: March 29, 2018, 07:54:17 AM »
Yh one good season and a cringeworthy plane isn’t going to make up for us taking the p*** for 20 years.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6774 on: March 29, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
I remember a gang of the cheeky feckers in the Brummie when West Ham relegated us in 86, funny thing was that they got relegated the same season to the 4th division.
Anyway It didn't end well for them.

Here's hoping a strong cross wind blows the banner into the propeller.