Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 300375 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »
Form of late has been poor from Stoke. Could they turn into the new Charlton.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »
Are we the new Stoke? we are being accused on the Oatcake of a typical Stoke team away from home.Mr Pulis would have been creaming himself watching it :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »
Are we the new Stoke? we are being accused on the Oatcake of a typical Stoke team away from home.Mr Pulis would have been creaming himself watching it :D

Has crossed my mind, I must say. Big difference though is that we don't do it every game. And we'll play less hoofball generally now the 'proper' midfield is finally back.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »
Difference was we were forced to play that way to get the draw or win, Stoke Choose to play like that week in week out, home and away no matter who the opposition are.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

We can sell PO to them and then they can be the new WBA  ;D

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »
This is the first time they've ever seen another team play conservatively? It happens every day of the week, somewhere in the world.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: February 13, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
What with the Woves watch thread called Dingle watch and the Villa watch thread called Seals watch..................why isnt this called POT watch
He's a lad from the Wrenna

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2013, 06:37:29 PM »
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=208915

Makes me laugh really that Pulis was the one which got them promotion to the Premier League and also annoyingly we never win against a Pulis team and they are all shouting for him to be out by the end of the season! IMO when Pulis goes thats when they'll start to struggle, then they'll be begging for him back after that!

5 consecutive Midtable finishes and a whole year in Europe to boot, Ungrateful t****
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:26:32 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »
What with the Woves watch thread called Dingle watch and the Villa watch thread called Seals watch..................why isnt this called POT watch

Surely clay watch?
Allllllll aboard

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
I guess they think they should be trampling Fulham at Craven Cottage.   ::)

DevonBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
I guess they think they should be trampling Fulham at Craven Cottage.   ::)

Its not that, its just they are 10th in the league FFS playing Dinosaur tactics, you'd think they would be used to it by now. ;D
Boing Boing!
Bye Bye Wo1ve5s

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »
Its not that, its just they are 10th in the league FFS playing Dinosaur tactics, you'd think they would be used to it by now. ;D

Well they did start a centre-half at CAM today. I'd call that extreme even by Pulis standards.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »
I'm going to break my self-imposed exile from this thread just to say they should be inflicted with Pulis for eternity.

Sh*t fans, even sh*tter team.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2013, 10:23:03 PM »
I'm going to break my self-imposed exile from this thread just to say they should be inflicted with Pulis for eternity.

Sh*t fans, even sh*tter team.

Too right.......they really do deserve each other !

I see that they got away with two acts of thuggery from NZonzi and Huth today again -hopefully retro bans that will include our game at the Brit ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
i really hope so AlbionBest, little gives me more satisfaction than winning at the britannia after all the misery they inflict upon us at the hawthorns.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2013, 10:55:13 PM »
My ticket for this one arrived in the post on Friday, looking forward to yet another win at the shitehole that is stoke!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »
My ticket for this one arrived in the post on Friday, looking forward to yet another win at the shitehole that is stoke!
dunno don't wanna jynx it, just hope we get our comeuppance after all the pooh we've taken from them. lets make sure last jan wasnt a 'one-off'

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #367 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:58 AM »
I went over to the Oatcake looking for opinions about Brek Shea, but as DevonBaggie observed, it's thread after thread of Pulis hate.

Here's someone reasonable who appears to know something, and it's not good news for Stoke's Yanks:
Pulis has hung him [Geoff Cameron] out to dry in just the same way he did with Marc Wilson.

He's obviously brought Cameron in as a defensive midfielder and, like Wilson, just doesn't fancy him there (on the limited showing he had there) so in Pulis' mind, let's stick him out of position and see if he sinks or swims.

Marc Wilson made a decent fist of being put on the wrong side of a back four in a position he's never played in his life before and Cameron has had mixed performances.

By the end of the season I predict Cameron will be out of the side for good which will be a crying shame on so many levels.  He is good enough if he is given a run in his natural position.

By the sounds of it Beswicks have spent an age building up contacts in the USA and as it is, Klinsmann doesn't want his stars at Stoke City.  Pulis' antics at shifting them around all over the shop will do nothing to persuade him to change his mind.

We aren't here to satisfy Klinsmann but the US is an untapped market and if we can get a foothold there it will be a chance to put forward Stoke City as THE club to put the young US lads into with a view to improving them and moving them on at the right time, as a means to helping out the US National side by coaching their young lads in one of the most competitive leagues in he world.

Pulis and his antics will put paid to that though, mark my words.  After he's packed Edu off to Turkey, convinced Cameron he should take up another sport and turned Shea into a very poor left wing back we'll be seen as the second coming of the anti-christ in the US as well as the UK.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:28:21 AM by Quakes Fan »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »
Considering all the money Pulis has spent on the team the return has been average to say the least. I find it hard to understand why the Coates cant see that. Yes he has kept them in the division but how far have they really progressed football wise? No wonder the fans are pi##d off. They are almost stuck with him by default. Who could come in and pick up where he has left off.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
The FA have charged Huth with violent conduct during the Fulham game, this should rule him out of our game.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
The two challenges by Nzonzi and Huth were disgraceful. Stoke fans must be the largest flock of sheep in the midlands, turning up every week to watch Sgt Mjr Pulis and his scruffy football and tactics without question. Me...id want my money back and him out............ASAP

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
To be fair most of them are fed up with the football they witness

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
To be fair most of them are fed up with the football they witness

If they were really that fed up with it Devon they would do something about it?.......Fans always do

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »
If they were really that fed up with it Devon they would do something about it?.......Fans always do

They are pretty much established now and i quite often hear he cant take us any further talk.
Some of them saying obviously be carefull what they wish for etc

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »

They are pretty much established now and i quite often hear he cant take us any further talk.
Some of them saying obviously be carefull what they wish for etc

I take your point Devon. Colleague of mine who supports them refuses to go and watch that rubbish anymore. Its a sad indictment that entertainment takes second stage to finance. After all isnt that why we all go to watch football. Compare with the Baggies at the weekend. Either side of the first 15 last 15 I thought some of the one/two touch passing was just wonderful. I thought I was watchin the Arsenal for a second.............. ;D