Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 328677 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #750 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
I thought he wasn't quite performing to the standard he set last season but then I saw his stats the other week and it turns out he is actually performing better statistically this season than last. Top player we are lucky to have and yet another one that was free.

Defensive minded midfielders are weird player's to analyse. They can look like they are having a terrible time but sometimes their stats hold up.

With DM's you sort of have to take a lot more notice to statistics as they do so much unrecognised and understated work.

karlos83

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #751 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
I am a huge fan of his and I'm glad these stats have been released as it proves what real football fans know...he's a good player and a huge part of our spine.

Recently I've heard a lot of unrest towards him from our 'premier league fans' probably because he's not beating 8 men and sticking it in the top corner week in, week out.

Claudio Yacob is a fine player.
follow me on twitter @karljlatham

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #752 on: December 30, 2013, 04:17:15 PM »
Yacob is a top top player for me, seems to be in the right place at the right time
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

karlos83

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
Reads the game and keeps it simple. Ooozes class

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #754 on: December 30, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
I don't rate him personally.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
Better than Mulumbu at the moment for me was quality at Spurs.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #756 on: December 30, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »
His name would be first on the team sheet for me (along with Foster). He is clearly the best defensive midfielder we have. He protects the back four, anchors the midfield and frees Mulumbu to go box to box.

The man is a giant for us and quite possibly our most effective midfield player since the early 1980s.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

karlos83

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #757 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
His name would be first on the team sheet for me (along with Foster). He is clearly the best defensive midfielder we have. He protects the back four, anchors the midfield and frees Mulumbu to go box to box.

The man is a giant for us and quite possibly our most effective midfield player since the early 1980s.

one hundred per cent agree, when we drop a 'defensive midfielder' in some games, I'm always annoyed that we drop our best defensive midfielder!

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #758 on: December 30, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
Rate Yacob! Be one of the first names on the team sheet for me & always fear for us when he's injured or suspended. Morrison is NOT an adequate replacement for him as he's more of a roaming midfielder. Yacob's very disciplined in his positioning ... Great signing!

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #759 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »
According to OPTA stats on SKY Sports Yacob has the most tackles in the Premier League just ahead of Lucas Leiva of Liverpool
And also think he is a Brazilian!
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

bednarsboingboing balls

• Youth Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
At last we have a manager who can see how good he is ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:49:46 AM by OldburyWBA »

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
Was my MOTM yesterday, looked like the old Yacob.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:50:00 AM by OldburyWBA »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »
I thought he was going to get a red card yesterday !
Fair play, he realised it and kept his head well !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »
At last we have a manager who can see how good he is ;)

Only a clown like Irvine could overlook someone of Yacob's worth and ability to the side. Delighted to see him back yesterday.  He looked his old self too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2015, 04:27:55 PM »
And he likes Faggots and Peas!! 8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »
Did his job of nitty gritty fouls, tackles etc to break up opposition play. Exactly what we needed.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #766 on: January 11, 2015, 04:35:24 PM »
Did his job of nitty gritty fouls, tackles etc to break up opposition play. Exactly what we needed.
Exactly what it says on the tin! Him and Malumbu used to be the "bees knees" Screening the defense.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #767 on: January 11, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
Criminally under-used by Alan Irvine.

Hopefully he has got over those injury problems he had last season. I expect him to feature regularly under Tony Pulis.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #768 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:34 PM »
Claudio is absolutely pivotal for us, a superb player who has been appallingly under appreciated by our last two Coaches. Hopefully with Pulis working on our defensive shape he will play a major role.

For me, as I've said before, he would be an automatic pick.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #769 on: January 11, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Good article about Claudio on the ITV website - key player for the rest of the season

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2015-01-11/claudio-yacob-can-be-the-key-man-for-tony-pulis-and-west-brom/?

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #770 on: January 12, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
Good article about Claudio on the ITV website - key player for the rest of the season

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2015-01-11/claudio-yacob-can-be-the-key-man-for-tony-pulis-and-west-brom/?

Good read - let's hope Claudio is back
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #771 on: January 12, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »
Claudio is absolutely pivotal for us, a superb player who has been appallingly under appreciated by our last two Coaches. Hopefully with Pulis working on our defensive shape he will play a major role.

For me, as I've said before, he would be an automatic pick.

Fully agree. He is a class act who goes very quietly about his business. From a defensive perspective, very much a Pulis type player..... [if such a thing ever exists!]
MAGA!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #772 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »

I'll be very happy if Yacob gets a decent run for the rest of the season but some of that article is poor journalism

recent losses to QPR and Stoke, in particular, were characterised by a lack of discipline. Little protection for the back four, too many men committed.That was an unwelcome reputation Albion gained in the days before Roy Hodgson. In the days after him, Pulis can turn to Yacob to breathe life back into Hodgson's dying legacy.

How could CY inclusion against QPR have prevented the penalty or the poor defending from the two set pieces?, he arguably may have blocked the two deflected goals at Stoke but there's no way of knowing that for sure.

There are other parts in the article that I don't agree with but thats just my opinion.

Not impressed with the piece, either written by Yacob's agent or the YTS trainee. 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #773 on: January 12, 2015, 12:42:30 PM »
The article is actually a rehash of a blog posted by the same author following our 2-0 win over Liverpool at anfield under Clarke.

https://danhewitt.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/homage-to-claudio/

I do however, wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. I've always rated yacob when i've seen him, and hope he gets an extended run in the side.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #774 on: January 19, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
Ridiculously good tonight. Back to him best!