Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 328668 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #675 on: October 28, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
Yacob is a quality player and it would be surprising if the top clubs were not keeping a close eye on his progress in the premeirship.
Every player as his price and he would obviously be interested if the top four came calling.
We may well sell him but i doubt it would be January if say Utd showed interest it would make more sense to wait until the summer find a replacement and then sell to to the highest bidder.
I would be gutted but i'm sure there are other gems out there and Peace would get top dollar and the Albion continue to improve.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #676 on: October 28, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
Scouting a player is a hundred miles away from making an offer, but the longer we stay in the top flight it is inevitable that at some point one of the bigger clubs will want one of out better players and it would be no surprise if it was Yacob. There is no way we would even contemplate selling him in January we have no need to he is on a long contract and the gap he would leave would be way too difficult to fill. The summer might be a different matter but the fee would we would be substantial.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #677 on: October 28, 2012, 09:29:59 PM »
Disappointed that he missed out today but we didn't miss him that much actually. Mulumbu did the dirty work very well and Morrison was often dropping deep to receive possession in the role that Yacob does. Obviously it weakened our side with him missing but we didn't miss him as much as I thought we would which I guess is pleasing. Still very important that he recovers quickly from his injury.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #678 on: November 06, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »
Very good again last night. His reliability and consistency game to game is second to none and Mulumbu looks twice the player when he sits just behind him. His ability to read the opposition and press in and close down space to stifle the opposition is top draw.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #679 on: November 06, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
He was excellent again last night, went about his business very quietly.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #680 on: November 06, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
He was excellent again last night, went about his business very quietly.

I thought he was a bit below his best yesterday, still good though.
Baggie in Southampton

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »
I thought he was a bit below his best yesterday, still good though.

I only saw one mistake all game. I guess he wasn't perfect, but he was awfully good.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #682 on: November 06, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
He makes football look easy. The composure he has is probably the best in this side and probably up there with the best of any I've seen from a West Bromwich Albion footballer. He has so many positives to his game it is quite impossible to see the flaws. He wins back the ball, and then uses it very efficiently but even if there isn't an option, he has the quality to hold onto the ball. Something we missed ever so much last season.

I'm actually jealous of him to be honest. I'd love to be able to play football like him. He'll have the pipe and slippers on if he carries on in this vein of form. Just out of interest, how long was the contract he signed?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #683 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
Last night was an absolutely top drawer performance. Claudio is assured, composed and exactly what we have needed for years. He is not an occasional good performer, the bloke is total quality, all game every game.

Brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:27:12 PM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #684 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »
Last night was an absolutely top drawer performance. Claudio is assured, composed and exactly what we have needed for years. He is not an occasional good performer, the bloke is total quality, all game very game.

Brilliant.

Agreed Chipper but that Claudio Magic chant is a bit lame. Need something a lot more robust that he can clearly hear!!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #685 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »
I also didnt think last night was one of his better games, I think he missed his mate alongside him.....Mulumbu as Mulumbu had a slightly different role last night, or so it seemed to me.

Not saying he was poor or played badly but he has played better for us !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #686 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:32 PM »
I also didnt think last night was one of his better games, I think he missed his mate alongside him.....Mulumbu as Mulumbu had a slightly different role last night, or so it seemed to me.

Not saying he was poor or played badly but he has played better for us !

Yeah, something was not working in our midfield last night so we ended up hoofing it too much from the back. Very strange to see our midfield so dodgy on the ball, especially in the first half (we did improve loads when Brunty came on and started to spread the ball about).

But Yacob is pure quality, I'm looking forward to when he starts to be a bit more creative with his passes too. :)

wbargentina

« Reply #687 on: November 28, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
Hi, I'm writing from Argentina. I'm delighted with WBA and Yacob performances. I'm journalist and I'm writing an article about your club, the fans and what do you think about Yacob. I have some questions for you!

1. What do you think of Yacob's performances so far this season?
2. What did you know about Yacob before WBA signed him?
3. Do you think he deserves to be considered to play for Argentina?
4. Would you rank him among the best players for WBA this season? If so...how highly?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #688 on: November 28, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
Welcome to the board mate

1.What do you think of Yacob's performances so far this season?

Think he's settled in superbly, and especially next to Mulumbu think they have formed a strong partnership. He breaks play up and keeps things simple.

Didnt really know much about him to be honest, but like most on this board we trust our scouting network and had faith to give him a chance to impress, which he has done!

Argentinas squad is of a high standard, especially the midfield area, however I dont think he'd look at all out of place sitting in the defensive midfield role, he should defiantly be considered.

4. Would you rank him among the best players for WBA this season? If so...how highly?

In terms of his game time and experience in this country before and the possible language barrier, he has started superbly, and im sure theres a stat a few games back that he has the 3rd best passing rate in the premier league?

Hes a unsung hero for us and well see how much we miss him when hes not available for a game or two.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #689 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »

Very assured and settled in nicely considering it's a new country and league for him, formed a formidable partnership with mulumbu and he breaks play up which i feel is his best attribute

Not alot to be honest and it's credit to our scouting network for spotting him.

Considered yes as his competing against some great players in a league considered the best in europe and his doing well so he should be considered

I would rate him highly considering it's all new to him so it's testament to his character that his been able to adapt so well.....i would put him as our 2nd best player this season so far just behind our striker long.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:31:20 PM by kris_boing »

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #690 on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
Hi, I'm writing from Argentina. I'm delighted with WBA and Yacob performances. I'm journalist and I'm writing an article about your club, the fans and what do you think about Yacob. I have some questions for you!

Welcome friend
All i can say is what a footballer and what a find by our club.Never heard of him before he joined our club and yes if he continues to inpress he will be a regular for his country.My worry is the bigger clubs are watching him

Do we and Claudio get much air time in Argentina? 

South American Football corrispondant
Tim Vincent  didnt  rate him though
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #691 on: November 28, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

Welcome... I love his attitude - he seems so naturally competitive and there's no sign of him coasting in any spells of the game. Definitely become one of the most important names on the team sheet already. He just keeps it all ticking in an unflashy way. On his current form a definite front runner for player of the year.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #692 on: November 28, 2012, 03:52:53 PM »
He got on the ball alot more without Mulumbu against Sunderland and was really good and
only gave it away once all game. Wasnt to sure about him at first but he `s really starting to
grow on me, that block he made in our own pen area against Sunderland right at the end was truly awsome.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #693 on: November 28, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
Would love to se him score tonight, he is due a goal for us. Simply been one of the best signings of the summer in the Premiership.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #694 on: November 28, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
Yacob is a quality player and it would be surprising if the top clubs were not keeping a close eye on his progress in the premeirship.
Every player as his price and he would obviously be interested if the top four came calling.
We may well sell him but i doubt it would be January if say Utd showed interest it would make more sense to wait until the summer find a replacement and then sell to to the highest bidder.
I would be gutted but i'm sure there are other gems out there and Peace would get top dollar and the Albion continue to improve.

Thats us now!

He seems pretty happy here now considering there was all that malarkey with him not want to sign etc.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #695 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »
He will eventually go because he is a very talented player, Man United are crying out for a Yacob. Sadly I think he will go within 2 years but will easily get 20 million for him, if garbage like Henderson is going for 20 million or Joe "I only pass sideways "Allan for 15 million then we will get a nice big price. Hopefully he stays with us forever but money talks.
BOING BOING

Baggie-Mania

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #696 on: November 28, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
The last 5mins in that game against sunderland he was everywhere try and see how many tackles blocks etc he put in, not to mention he was in the counter attack in which Fortune scored the deciding goal, you can see him going down on his knees and clench his fists when it goes in :)

dantics_wba

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #697 on: November 29, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
The last 5mins in that game against sunderland he was everywhere try and see how many tackles blocks etc he put in, not to mention he was in the counter attack in which Fortune scored the deciding goal, you can see him going down on his knees and clench his fists when it goes in :)

I noticed this too, a proper exhausted sigh of relief for a job well done. Yacob is absolutely world class.
WE ARE THE ALBION, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME!

Twitter - @dantics

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #698 on: November 29, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »
Top class performer.

RacingClub

« Reply #699 on: December 08, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
Well im glad hes making a great 1st season with you guys! (congrats for your latest performances)

what a shame he loss the match against Arsenal!

But keep in this way , and you guys certainly would make a outstanding season :D