Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 328661 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »
Should be worth 20 million when his contract comes to an end.Nice one Jeremy :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Just sent an article about Yacob to an Argentinian ex-colleague of mine. He is a massive Racing fan, and stated that he was surprised the player was allowed to leave, and that they miss him in the team. Serves him right for always finding an opportunity to raise the subject of Maradona in conversation. :P
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: August 22, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »
Missed the game..still soakin up some sunshine. Son described his performance (and Mulumbus) as immense. Said Gerrard was almost anonymous!!......hope this bodes well for the season!

DorransSporran

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #553 on: August 22, 2012, 05:58:30 PM »
On SSN it says he is on loan  :o?? Obviously got it wrong!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #554 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
On SSN it says he is on loan  :o ?? Obviously got it wrong!

SSN are f****** idiots!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:00:40 PM by Quakes Fan »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

RacingClub

« Reply #555 on: August 22, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »
Just sent an article about Yacob to an Argentinian ex-colleague of mine. He is a massive Racing fan, and stated that he was surprised the player was allowed to leave, and that they miss him in the team. Serves him right for always finding an opportunity to raise the subject of Maradona in conversation. :P

Hi Men!, well let me be honest with you... i dont know your friend, but we dont miss him like a lot you know... theres no doubt that he is a good player when he put that in her mind!
But there was a couple of things that made the fans hate him and i told that in a previous comment
"He refuses to get sub in the middle of a match , and yell to the coach"
"He want a raise in his wage , when he was just a young one"
"He trade a short in the end of a classic match against Independiente"

of course some people miss him cause he was great level in some seasons, but the last ones, gosh was just awful...all of us think that he didn't wanted to play here anymore.

and that was take us to made the decision to separate him from the team... and he was training with the reserves just till the end of the season when his contract finish.

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #556 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »
Just watched the MOTD highlights again and was so impressed with the way Yacob chased down and stole the ball off Allen around ten minutes from the end. Then the way he timed and placed his pass to set off Fortune on that great run down the wing was superb. Looks like a hard worker with the skill to match which is all you can ask of someone playing that role. Long may it continue!

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #557 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »
Just watched the MOTD highlights again and was so impressed with the way Yacob chased down and stole the ball off Allen around ten minutes from the end. Then the way he timed and placed his pass to set off Fortune on that great run down the wing was superb. Looks like a hard worker with the skill to match which is all you can ask of someone playing that role. Long may it continue!

I thought it was Gerrard he stole it off? Il have to watch it again but I noticed this too, it was quality how he took the ball of him then played a sublime pass right into Fortune.

vikingbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #558 on: August 23, 2012, 07:46:49 AM »
I thought it was Gerrard he stole it off? Il have to watch it again but I noticed this too, it was quality how he took the ball of him then played a sublime pass right into Fortune.

...and also the way he protected the ball after he had got it.... Great moment in the match.... :D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #559 on: August 24, 2012, 08:51:25 AM »
Is this guy on loan, i am sure on Sky Sports news, the caption on the right hand side, players in & outs it says hes on loan
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #560 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
Is this guy on loan, i am sure on Sky Sports news, the caption on the right hand side, players in & outs it says hes on loan

It does; but he isn't. We signed him as our player.
Twitter: @floydy1983

clintsmoker

« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
was a very good performance last week. Showed a lot of our players how to do it in the first half when we looked nervous and misplacing passes. Kept it short sharp and simple.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2012, 05:58:21 PM »
I thought he had a good game again today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
very very good game today, was tenacious throughout, put in alot of wuality tackles and (surprisingly) won alot of headers

He and Mulumbu were our best players by a country mile

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2012, 11:15:40 PM »
Him and Mulumbu could become one of the most dominant midfield duos in the division. Fantastic play today from about 15 minutes on from Yacob.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: August 26, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »
Looks on the evidence of the first couple games to be a really shrewd signing. The thing that has surprised me is the speed with which he has picked up the flow of the game in the PL. I actually expected SC to use him more sparingly to begin with. Very impressive.

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #566 on: August 26, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
Looks on the evidence of the first couple games to be a really shrewd signing. The thing that has surprised me is the speed with which he has picked up the flow of the game in the PL. I actually expected SC to use him more sparingly to begin with. Very impressive.

Yeah true. But Dashworth even said, as has Clarke at some point, argentine league is pretty physical.

All the argentines like Tevez, Aguero, Zabaleta etc. are all very strong and can take a knock. Same with Yacob I think.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »

I get the impression that the position in which he plays (no5) is pretty idiosyncratic and revered in Argentinian football. He is well disciplined and many aspects of the role are probably engrained into his game - and all we are asking him to do is replicate it for us - not to adapt. I don't think this lad needs coaching, he knows what to do,  he's been playing this position at a big Argentinian club from a young age (as captain) hence he has settled quickly.

He has been fantastic so far but from what I've seen (I know It's early doors) but I'm not convinced he can improve drastically (no bad thing) - he can enhance some other more subtle areas of his game - but I don't know if theirs a great scope for him to get better - I hope he can, that would be incredible. When he gets to grips with the language we may benefit from his leadership qualities - which is something to look forward to.

If he consistently matches his form in the first two games, throughout the season, I will be ecstatic.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:28:03 PM by KingKoren »

dragon

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
I saw him a few times in Argentina and I'm not too convinced. He can definitely dictate play well sometimes and send a few cracking balls. On the other hand his tackling isn't great and he looses his head occasionally. Another thing that worries me is that he often goes for over-ambitious passes and looses the ball. He's not too consistant, either. Still a good transfer on a free, however. A lot like Sharner.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
I saw him a few times in Argentina and I'm not too convinced. He can definitely dictate play well sometimes and send a few cracking balls. On the other hand his tackling isn't great and he looses his head occasionally. Another thing that worries me is that he often goes for over-ambitious passes and looses the ball. He's not too consistant, either. Still a good transfer on a free, however. A lot like Sharner.
:D I don't think you have been watching the same player as me...he has played only 2 premier league games and got almost MOM each time.....if he plays that badly every week I wont complain.

albionmybabys

« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2012, 11:27:05 PM »
:D I don't think you have been watching the same player as me...he has played only 2 premier league games and got almost MOM each time.....if he plays that badly every week I wont complain.

I'm sure he had a pass rate of 95% in the liverpool game...

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
He only misplaced two passes against Liverpool out of 50 odd I think the stat was. To say he's a lot like Scharner is purely underestimating the lads talents to be frank. We have a quality player on our hands, one who is technically miles better than Paul Scharner. He has performed very well, controlling the midfield alongside Mulumbu and Morrison. He's also won his fair share of tackles, as well as his ability to remain calm in possession is why he has earned two man of the match awards already in many fans eyes.

As for loses his head, I don't know where that's happened in the opening two games but lets remember he's still adjusting to life in the Premier League.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

albionmybabys

« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
He only misplaced two passes against Liverpool out of 50 odd I think the stat was. To say he's a lot like Scharner is purely underestimating the lads talents to be frank. We have a quality player on our hands, one who is technically miles better than Paul Scharner. He has performed very well, controlling the midfield alongside Mulumbu and Morrison. He's also won his fair share of tackles, as well as his ability to remain calm in possession is why he has earned two man of the match awards already in many fans eyes.

As for loses his head, I don't know where that's happened in the opening two games but lets remember he's still adjusting to life in the Premier League.

Spot on mate... The only small criticism is he gave a couple of daft free kicks away but so do all midfielders in the prem, he looks another diamond of the free transfers market....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:38:30 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »

Spot on mate... The only small criticism is he gave a couple of daft free kicks away but so do all midfielders in the pren he looks another diamond of the free transfers market....

If its the daft free kicks people are worried about then they must hate Mulumbu because he's by far the guilty culprit for conceding daft free kicks!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:44:00 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

nybaggie10

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #574 on: August 28, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »

You've got to be kidding me, right? So far, he's played two games for us against Liverpool and Tottenham and he looks like he's been with us for 3 seasons, so seamlessly has he slotted in. Not only that, the much vaunted Joe Allen and Gerrard were never in it against us and much of that was down to Yacob (and Mulumbu) running the show. Everything I've seen of Yacob against Liverpool and Spurs oozes class. His touch, ability to nick the ball away from an opposing player, his passing and distribution, positional sense, the guy is different gravy believe me. He's also allowed Mulumbu and Morrison to have much more attacking freedom which is paying dividends in spades.

Don't be surprised if this kid is our captain one day, once he's mastered the English language because you can already tell he has leadership qualities and he was captain of Racing from an early age.