Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 328661 times)

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
A brazil sports writer just tweeted he "He seems to have regretted choosing West Brom, wants to cancel the pre-contract and join Botafogo instead"  But he only has a day to do it. I remember Hamman of Liverpool did a similar thing he agreed to sign for Bolton but then changed his mind and wanted to join Man City. Man City had to pay 400k to cancel that agreement. Expect something similar if indeed he wants to joins the brazil team.
BOING BOING

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
Yacob can not release and is out of the plans of Botafogo
ON JULY 19, 2012 TO 12H32

Botafogo waited until the last moment by steering Argentinian Claudio Yacob, former Racing, but the mess made by the player claimed the cancellation of his engagement on the morning of Thursday. He could not cancel the agreement made with West Bromwich, England, a club with which he signed a preliminary contract and now must travel on Friday to introduce himself to the English.

At 25, Yacob was considered one of the great pearls of Argentine football still active in the country. His contract with Racing ended on June 30 and since then, Botafogo hoped his coming to Rio he would do medical examinations, would sign the contract and would be presented as a further enhancement, with two-year contract, renewable for another and a half.

However, the player chose to wait longer for a good deal of European football. With passage scheduled for Rio de Janeiro at the beginning of last week, he came to be incommunicado and the trip was canceled. The only club on the continent to send official documents to the player was West Bromwich, with values ??that impressed. But after signing the document was disappointed to learn that high taxes were not deducted English.

On Wednesday, Yacob called for representatives of Botafogo crying in the clubhouse where he explained the situation and asked for a deadline until Thursday morning to solve the problem. He could not, and how the international transfer window ends Friday, his contract will not happen again.

http://www.expressomt.com.br/esportes/yacob-nao-consegue-liberacao-e-esta-fora-dos-planos-do-botafogo-22912.html

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
Well this is going to be awkward.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53:31 PM »
A player coming who it would appear doesn't particularly want to be here. Hardly got 'coup' written all over it.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »
Hmmm - Potentially got a new signing who preferred a different club only a day before (if those reports are accurate) the move is completed. If this does go through, let's hope that he's the type of chap who is professional and will look to throw himself into helping himself and the club as much as possible. That way both parties will benefit and if he plays really well he can earn himself a move to Brazil ;)     Good work Jezza/Ashworth.

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »
Surely it won't happen in the end? I don't know though - I'm no expert.

Could somebody who is more well-versed in the area of transfers enlighten me here? From what I can gather:

- He does have some interest in the premier league, but since we cannot provide him with sufficient wages he's looking elsewhere, in this case in Brazil where he's been offered a contract by one of their clubs

- He has however signed a "pre-contract agreement" or something like that which binds him to WBA in some way and he can't get out of it?

- So, if the move occurs we're stuck with a player who doesn't want to play for us?

Oh no.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »
Not a good way to endear himself to the fans or fellow players if he does sign. He'll be up against it from the start.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
Or maybe we could agree with the player that he signs and then we'll sell him for circa £5 million without having even kicked a ball for us. Peace = Winning :)

Who knows what will happen though. It's muddy waters I suppose as a pre-contract agreement may not be as strong as actually being tied into a contract. I'm sure Jezza will know how to move forward and get the best out of the situation though.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »
I feel really uncomfortable about this. It is difficult for South American's to adjust to life in English football and one that does not really want to be here in the first place I think  has no chance and unless the whole Botafogo thing was a rumour which got blown up by the Brazilian and Argentine media then we have a problem.

I think the tax issue is just a bit of a smokescreen it wouldn't take his agent more than about five minutes to find out about UK tax rates so it just sounds like a desperate attempt to wriggle out of the pre-contract agreement because Botafogo were offering more money. In any event the Brazilian transfer window for signing overseas players closes tomorrow so one way or the other the issue will be resolved.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »
Yacob can not release and is out of the plans of Botafogo
ON JULY 19, 2012 TO 12H32

Botafogo waited until the last moment by steering Argentinian Claudio Yacob, former Racing, but the mess made by the player claimed the cancellation of his engagement on the morning of Thursday. He could not cancel the agreement made with West Bromwich, England, a club with which he signed a preliminary contract and now must travel on Friday to introduce himself to the English.

At 25, Yacob was considered one of the great pearls of Argentine football still active in the country. His contract with Racing ended on June 30 and since then, Botafogo hoped his coming to Rio he would do medical examinations, would sign the contract and would be presented as a further enhancement, with two-year contract, renewable for another and a half.

However, the player chose to wait longer for a good deal of European football. With passage scheduled for Rio de Janeiro at the beginning of last week, he came to be incommunicado and the trip was canceled. The only club on the continent to send official documents to the player was West Bromwich, with values ??that impressed. But after signing the document was disappointed to learn that high taxes were not deducted English.

On Wednesday, Yacob called for representatives of Botafogo crying in the clubhouse where he explained the situation and asked for a deadline until Thursday morning to solve the problem. He could not, and how the international transfer window ends Friday, his contract will not happen again.

http://www.expressomt.com.br/esportes/yacob-nao-consegue-liberacao-e-esta-fora-dos-planos-do-botafogo-22912.html

What an absolute tool. So basically the story is Botafogo wanted him, he decides to wait for a European club to come along instead, we offer him a contract, he signs it, then realises that because of tax he won't get as much as he thinks he's getting, tries and fails to get the contract annulled, goes to see representatives of Botafogo crying to them asking for a deadline to sort it out, fails to meet this deadline, and now we're stuck with him. Wow.

I can't see how he can possibly play for us now. No club in the world has fans that would accept a player into the team who doesn't want to be one of their players, and our club wouldn't be stupid enough to commit PR suicide by introducing him as a player either. Plus Clarke and the players are unlikely to want him here either, then it goes without saying that you can't afford to field a player who isn't 100% dedicated to the team. Would Botafogo want him either? He seems to have initally chosen us over them, with him being the one crying off to them saying he wants them to sign him afterall when he suddenly regretted signing for West Brom.

I expect the little problem with Yacob to be dealt with swiftly. If Botafogo can't/won't take him off our hands, then his contract will be cancelled or he'll be put up as a free transfer. True, the club would want to get some sort of fee for him, but I think they'll be more desperate to get a player who can't play and presumably is a high earner off the wage list as soon as possible.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
really hope this deal gets cancelled - there is no way any south american player will ever be able to settle in the west midlands

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2012, 05:11:27 AM »
really hope this deal gets cancelled - there is no way any south american player will ever be able to settle in the west midlands

Jara has never really had a problem settling in.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:35 AM »
I know its business but if I had a say I'd rip his contract up .
If the reports are true, this looks like it now has trouble written all over it, and could be more trouble than its worth.
An Argy with attitude is all we need.
The boo boys will have a field day the first time he puts in a bad performance.
Get shot.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »
Its hard enough to have South Americans blend in over here, let alone one that doesnt want to be here!

I dont want him playing in the Stripes if he isnt committed to the cause!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2012, 07:24:07 AM »
What a complete plonker this bloke is.  Who the hell are his agents or advisors?

He gets offered a deal by the Argentinian club, gets what he thinks is a better offer from us, signs the deal then finds out we have a higher tax rate so will be earning less than he would back in Argentina.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2012, 07:41:21 AM »
A couple of assumptions to be made here.
Apparantly they have offered arounf 40K a week so if he chose Albion intially we have offered more.
Wasn't there a press story along the lines of certain footballers Ronaldo etc paying little or no tax because of some loophole,obviously going back a while as Ronaldo was mentioned.
It seems to me odd that they didn't know our tax rates,i'm guessing thats a smokescreen he chose Albion for more money and now he as had second thoughts about coming to England.
Maybe he didn't like the weather.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
The bloke sounds like an mercinary idiot to me.

Don't really fancy him coming here now.
I only go for the beer.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »
Look at the pallarva Man City had with Tevez................I can see this being even worse. Forget him and go and get Doumbia instead !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
Sure JP will have a few questions for Dan Ashworth.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
I am surprised that there is no reference in CL's report to whether or not Yacob has signed a contract. Surely this is the crux of the matter.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »
Well this will be fun.

derbybaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
What people have to understand is that too an agent wages are not of any particular use its the signing on fee and that's where I think the agent has been blinded by the tax situation plus I'm sure I readout a potential third party ownership here too I'm afraid its not what's always best for us or the player but his greedy advisors

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
If, and it's an enormous IF right now, he plays for us next season, we have a lovely big banner saying 'Welcome to West Bromwich, twinned with Rio De Janeiro' and break out the old 'West Bromwich Brazil' logos.

Paul Scharner admitted he didn't want to stay with us originally, only planning to spend a year with us and having numerous clubs he'd rather play for written into his contract so that if they approached us he could go. Maybe we can turn this guy. Though lets face it, he sounds like a right wuss.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Think we need to get a tumble weed smiley for this signing by the sounds of things, Are we a bit to blame here ? you would want any potential player to come over and get a feel for this country and would know the tax system etc.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »
Not normally one to judge  people but going on this blokes supposed actions the last week  or so it wouldnt surprise me if he has signed a contract with us and doesnt get his own way he will just go on strike and not come over.

I know the wages for a footballer are great but the reports suggest he may be a bit of an idiot (or his agents are, again its translations, etc so wont write him off completely) but if he dont want to come over to West Bromwich, is feeling sorry for himself about the whole thing i just think he will go on strike or if he does come over you would probably have to question whether he will really fancy it anyway.

If it is severe as been made out and he has been crying begging to not have to come over then i would just tear his contract up.

Might just need Jara to take him out for a pint or something!