Author Topic: 24 Aug 2019 Derby County 1 Albion 1  (Read 36078 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2019, 12:21:09 PM »
I'm glad someone else has said this!

He has been a rock for us at the back (apart from that slip at Luton) and was quality yesterday. Why people would want to move him is beyond me.

When Hegazi is fit, he should come in for Bartley, in my humble opinion.
I’d play 3 at the back
We need to have a change because as good as we look on the ball we ain’t potent enough

3 cbs
Would give us 5 in mid and crucially 2 up top which could be two strikers or one + Krov who needs to be further up in my opinion
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »
I’d play 3 at the back
We need to have a change because as good as we look on the ball we ain’t potent enough

3 cbs
Would give us 5 in mid and crucially 2 up top which could be two strikers or one + Krov who needs to be further up in my opinion

Yes, looks good on paper, unfortunately we play on grass and when we have attempted this system,  we have failed miserably, ask Bartley. Maybe, worth another attempt when hegazi is back. I agree a 352 when Austin is fit does look enticing ?!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »
Phillips gives poor support to his fullback. Derby's most effective tactic was to sling balls down the wing and chase them.  A couple of times when Furlong was dragged inside, Lawrence was left completely unmarked.  On one such occasion they would have scored from the resulting move but for a great save by Johnson from a Waghorn.  So I would start Pereira in place of Phillips or at least give them 45 mins each.

Krovinovitch received some passes in really tight areas yesterday, took them well and managed to wriggle free and pass the ball to a team mate.  I think he's a talent but needs to improve his shooting skills.

Kudos to Ferguson, moved out of position but still held his end up.  Is Townsend injured?

On another point do we have another Lambert?  To me, Austin looked knackered just warming up at half time.  Hope I'm wrong: to get gulled once by a ex-Southampton striker is foolish but twice is downright embarrassing.
What makes you think Perreira is better than Phillips for defensive covering? It's not the reason that either would be in the team anyway. I think both have their qualities, but those are further up the pitch.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2019, 04:29:51 AM »
 >:( F@#$%^&g useless...needs to go to Spec Savers

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2019, 08:20:06 AM »
>:( F@#$%^&g useless...needs to go to Spec Savers

Gone past that, he should be walking around with a labrador
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2019, 08:53:26 AM »
Gone past that, he should be walking around with a labrador

Or a chihuahua  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2019, 03:42:44 PM »
 earned the point am still concerned about the striking options, we must turn all the good possession into chances in front of goal, wish Zohore was as confident with his open play striking as he appears to be taking penalties, good to see that we have more pace and energy going forward and that there are more options on the bench, if Edwards and or Phillips are not doing it at least we can bring on Diangana and or Perreira to give them a shot, also thought defence played well as a unit and I thought Johnstone answered a few critics. just need to get Austin fit and probably play with 2 up front at home, because at the moment though we are unbeaten, this season is starting to mirror the last one