Author Topic: 28 Apr 2018 Newcastle United 0 Albion 1  (Read 29074 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
Defeniantley showing us what we have been missing maybe players know about Big Dave being a legend or maybe they know that if that f***k about Big Dave will be onto them and then they'll have s***t to deal with. But Good performance today Another 3 points  ;D why couldn't we have soaked Pardew sooner useless clown But fair play to Darren Moore gone into a Tough job and has got us unbeaten and playing good Restored some Pride and has given us some Light at what has been a very long and dark tunnel. Hope in what had been a season of none and shown us that good old little Albion will go down fighting and given us something to hopefully springboard of next season so we can get promoted out of Championship like a Leicester really except in a Different Division.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
Great win but this is getting more bitter sweet by the day. No loyalty whatsoever with footballers . This lot owe us and should stay to help us get back up.quite angry to be honest

I very frequently agree with you mate but I've noticed you saying this a couple of times and to some extent disagree.

I genuinely think that Pulis and then 'Pulis MkII' bent the whole team out of shape, playing decent talent out of position, making substitutions too late or just really inappropriate ones, to the point where they probably thought it wasn't worth the aggro.

Yes I'm with you about the loyalty thing - footballers are a right shallow bunch nowadays, and I also sincerely hope many stay for the fight next year. I just think it's been a severely unhappy camp for a long time, as Brunty would testify.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2018, 10:52:32 PM »
I very frequently agree with you mate but I've noticed you saying this a couple of times and to some extent disagree.

I genuinely think that Pulis and then 'Pulis MkII' bent the whole team out of shape, playing decent talent out of position, making substitutions too late or just really inappropriate ones, to the point where they probably thought it wasn't worth the aggro.

Yes I'm with you about the loyalty thing - footballers are a right shallow bunch nowadays, and I also sincerely hope many stay for the fight next year. I just think it's been a severely unhappy camp for a long time, as Brunty would testify.

Thank you for understanding to some extent my thoughts. Pulis,  Williams and co and peace should shoulder much of our plight . I am hopeful and sure  Lai is in this for the long haul

Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2018, 11:18:07 PM »
We have better footballers on paper than Newcastle so no supprise with confidence we beat them, love cutlers influence too
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »
In just four games, Darren Moore (W2 D2 L0) has won more Premier League games for West Brom than Alan Pardew (W1 D5 L12), and as many as Tony Pulis (W2 D4 L6) did for the Baggies this season.
West Brom kept their first league clean sheet at St James' Park since September 1977, ending a run of 15 straight games in which they had conceded at the ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43937328

hillsm

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
27 was our lowest ever Premier League points tally, so at least Moore has saved our blushes.

Another decent performance - on the run of things we should have drawn as they had two great chances but at least we're punishing teams for their mistakes unlike under Pardew.

We finished our first season in 2002/03 on 26 points.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
watching MOTD the commentator reckoned that we were singing "we're staying up", can't say I heard it at all, in fact the exact opposite in "we all go down together". Did anyone hear us singing "we are staying up"?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
Newcastle forward Islam Slimani has been charged with violent conduct after an off-the-ball incident during Saturday's 1-0 defeat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43956081

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2018, 10:59:19 AM »
Thought the ref did okay on Saturday, didn't seem to favour either side.

Would have expected one of the officials to have seen the Slimani kick at Dawson though.

The Fish

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

Well done lads, you absolutely deserved all three points. Seems our lot are either knackered from a really tough season that needed them to be at their best in pretty much every game, or they've just checked out mentally because we're safe.

No real complaints about it bar the usual displeasure at the referee, but that's more about a frustration at a poor performance and looking for someone to blame, if I'm honest.

The last few games show just how much of a negative impact PArdew can have on teams. Not being dismissive of his achievements but if Moore can get these performances out of the team, imagine what an experienced, proven manager could have managed had he been in charge after Pulis?

We have better footballers on paper than Newcastle so no supprise with confidence we beat them, love cutlers influence too
fwiw I think our two first teams aren't too far apart in terms of quality. Your win owed as much to our poor performance as it did to your good performance. You certainly weren't as good against us as you were in the previous fixtures, but you didn't need to be.

Hope everyone who made it to the match enjoyed Newcastle. I love the town on matchday and I've been countless times, I imagine (hope) everyone has a good time at Newcastle even if they're just there for the match alone. I always recommend making a weekend of it, if possible.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 04:13:14 PM »
watching MOTD the commentator reckoned that we were singing "we're staying up", can't say I heard it at all, in fact the exact opposite in "we all go down together". Did anyone hear us singing "we are staying up"?

No I didn't hear that either.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

petjob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
How many of the players who have let us down all season will jump ship once we are relegated.
Quite a few I suspect.
They are only performing now to put themselves in the shop window. McLean is a good example.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »
How many of the players who have let us down all season will jump ship once we are relegated.
Quite a few I suspect.
They are only performing now to put themselves in the shop window. McLean is a good example.

In all honesty it's a poor example as McClean has been used as a bit part player until recently, he has always said he is unhappy about not playing regularly, he said it under both Pulis and Pardew.

Phillips and Livermore would have been better examples.

petjob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2018, 07:25:45 PM »
 I used Mclean as an example because he has already said he will be off but you are probably right about the other two.
How refreshing that Ben Foster wants to stay next season.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »
Phillips had missed a big chunk of the season through injury so seems a bit harsh.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »
Phillips had missed a big chunk of the season through injury so seems a bit harsh.

no he hasn't, he's played 35 times for us this season in all comps.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49017

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2018, 07:49:09 AM »
I used Mclean as an example because he has already said he will be off but you are probably right about the other two.

when did he say that, I must have missed it?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
no he hasn't, he's played 35 times for us this season in all comps.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49017

That's fair, I didn't realise his appearances was so high.  I think he only played 90 minutes 4 times in the first 22 matches or so. I remember him not having pitch him, getting injured and being out for 5 games then coming back.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
That's fair, I didn't realise his appearances was so high.  I think he only played 90 minutes 4 times in the first 22 matches or so. I remember him not having pitch him, getting injured and being out for 5 games then coming back.

Here you go chap, I find this site's quite easy to navigate/decyhper regarding minutes played and substitutions etc......

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-phillips/leistungsdaten/spieler/77274/saison/2017/plus/1#GB1

........ and if you want to look at the team sheet on the day just hover over and click onto the match day score.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:26:34 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »

No he hasnt???

you doing the old 2+2 and  getting 5??

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
Slimani has been slapped with a three-game ban for kicking Craig Dawson
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2018, 01:27:37 PM »
Only just noticed a Newcastle defender push JRod into the goal when Phillips scores.

He/him