West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 3739 times)

Offline danwatson

• WBA Newbie
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
Rondon definitely having a strop at full time, ran straight down the tunnel and threw his shirt on the floor on the way...

Offline darbolina

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »
Hegazi looks a find, Dawson looked excellent and Nyom much better at right back, Rodriguez looks a steal if we can keep him fit, Rondon and Chadli are gone, overall decent performance. I'd say we need a central attacking midfielder, another striker, left back and centre back and that team would be pretty strong .

Online wba_1996

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM »
Good result to get us off the mark and to buy us some time in the transfer market, although I am worried at the direction we may be going with both the incomings and outgoings.

Hegazi is a monster, JRod looks good and I've definitely warmed to his signing since the official announcement. Don't think anyone really had a bad game. I would have loved to see Yacob put one of his chances away though.

Kudos to Pulis for bringing on Harper, even though he was the only option to replace Field, think he looks an amazing prospect. If Field carries on his development, he could be a solid PL midfielder in the Mark Noble/Jake Livermore sort of bracket, however Harper looks like he could be something special.

Offline Legend

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
Great result, Pulis tactics spot on today. Bournemouth are a very talented team but we made them look poor. Hegazi had a great debut so did J Rod. Good to see Field get a game and Harper come on.
Pulis doesn't do relegation.

Offline PsalmXXIII

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »
Great game, made them look awfull, defensively tight but also looked far more dangerous going forward. Amazing what playing one DM can do for you.

Hegazi superb, makes a change to Evans and Dawson lumping it forward and played his way forward nicely. McClean an absolute engine today - fantastic game.

JRod looks like a very able version of Long. Could have had 2 goals.

All in all a good performance. Need squad depth. Shame the Pulis out lot missed it and will refuse to watch MotD
'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' - Albert Einstein, anticipating the birth of Alan Irvine.

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »
Thought everyone did well today, but as ever we looked a threat from set-pieces from Brunt and Phillips adds so much to our attack.
With regards to Hegazi, he looked really good at times and the goal was fantastic but his positioning/pace was also a little worrying, I'm not moaning though as he did the business.
It's a shame people slag Dawson off as well, he was very solid today and defended against some tough shots which may have scored without him blocking.

As for Bournemouth, Ibe looked horrendous.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline paulosull

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »
Nice one , only 37 points to go and a clean sheet to boot  :P good performances by debutants well done recruitment office

Offline tylerm

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
Rondon definitely having a strop at full time, ran straight down the tunnel and threw his shirt on the floor on the way...

Rondon wasn't happy when he came on and you are spot on about his reaction at full time
No doubt TP will sort him out or get rid - is that Chinese offer still on the table ?

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
great to start the season with a win and its obvious we need  some squad depth.
throwing the shirt on the floor is so disrespectful from Rondon if that's true.

Offline breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
Rondon wasn't happy when he came on and you are spot on about his reaction at full time
No doubt TP will sort him out or get rid - is that Chinese offer still on the table ?

I would rather sell him if that's his attitude.  The team won.  That's the number one priority.  He came on for the last 10 minutes.  The game was still in doubt.  He actually made a really good run and created a very nice chance.  There's no reason for him to be pouting.

Offline Ross

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
Great result, thought Jrod, McLean and Hegazi were standout.

Frustrating that Bournemouth had over 70% possession, think Field needs to go out on loan to learn his trade- was a yard off it a lot of the time and we can't afford for him to learn on the job.

Don't like the style of play, but a win is a win.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:48:28 PM by Ross »

Online Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
Plus points

Rodriguez looked like the player we hoped we signed.
Hegazi looked the part goal on debut nothing not to like.

Defensively solid bearing in mind we lost Evans in fairness Foster barely had a shot to save.

Minus Points

Midfield is a mess aside from Yacob not sure what anyone was supposed to be doing out there. Hate watching players I know can play just lumping the ball down the line.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Online Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »
Easy win. To be expected, Bournemouth are awful, Cook, Francis, Daniels, Arter, Pugh, Fraser, Surman all bang average Championship fodder.

Rodriguez looked very good as I thought he would do.

Offline Legend

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Easy win. To be expected, Bournemouth are awful, Cook, Francis, Daniels, Arter, Pugh, Fraser, Surman all bang average Championship fodder.

Rodriguez looked very good as I thought he would do.

Most of our fans on here predicted us to lose.  :-X Bournemouth finished 8th last season so they can't be that bad.
Pulis doesn't do relegation.

Offline DivinePast

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
Thought everyone did well today, but as ever we looked a threat from set-pieces from Brunt and Phillips adds so much to our attack.
With regards to Hegazi, he looked really good at times and the goal was fantastic but his positioning/pace was also a little worrying, I'm not moaning though as he did the business.
It's a shame people slag Dawson off as well, he was very solid today and defended against some tough shots which may have scored without him blocking.

As for Bournemouth, Ibe looked horrendous.

Yup I worry about Hegazi against teams that want to run a fast counter system against us.

Offline PsalmXXIII

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »
Must say Ake looked nothing special too.

Bournemouth are lauded as this fantastic attacking team who create and press and run teams around. They were rubbish today. Foster had nothing to do.

Here's a nice fact about 'fancy football' playing Bournemouth - they scored less goals on the counter attack than us last season, they also scored only twice less from set pieces than us.
'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' - Albert Einstein, anticipating the birth of Alan Irvine.

Online Beefy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
Good result to get us off the mark and to buy us some time in the transfer market, although I am worried at the direction we may be going with both the incomings and outgoings.

Hegazi is a monster, JRod looks good and I've definitely warmed to his signing since the official announcement. Don't think anyone really had a bad game. I would have loved to see Yacob put one of his chances away though.

Kudos to Pulis for bringing on Harper, even though he was the only option to replace Field, think he looks an amazing prospect. If Field carries on his development, he could be a solid PL midfielder in the Mark Noble/Jake Livermore sort of bracket, however Harper looks like he could be something special.
I agree Harper looks much more of a prospect than Field does
I think the game passed Field by
Harper with that extra pace looks much better

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »
Must say Ake looked nothing special too.

Bournemouth are lauded as this fantastic attacking team who create and press and run teams around. They were rubbish today. Foster had nothing to do.

Here's a nice fact about 'fancy football' playing Bournemouth - they scored less goals on the counter attack than us last season, they also scored only twice less from set pieces than us.

Really,I thought he was their stand out player not a lot got past him and he came  from nowhere to take the ball away from Kanu when he was about to pull the trigger
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Online Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
Most of our fans on here predicted us to lose.  :-X Bournemouth finished 8th last season so they can't be that bad.

They normally have a high intensity to make up for a lack of talent, but seemed to be lacking it today. We just soaked up the possession and they had Surman and Arter trying to pick the passes, who are two poor central midfielders. Bigger tests to come

Thought Ake looked quality; very composed. Not sure what game you were watching Psalm, but then I never usually do so I am happy to be in disagreement with you again.

Offline adamw1109

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
Happy Pulis gave the youngsters a chance, If they are good enough... they are old enough, I don't buy this 'they need to be loaned out to lower leagues' rubbish... Field done a job for us for a fraction of Fletcher's salary and age (good riddance).

Hegazi looked pretty comfortable, J Rod looked eager and seemed like we played less long balls to nothing than we do when we play Rondon up top on his own.

Won't get carried away as we were against a very poor Bournemouth side today, only player of theirs that looked half decent was Ake, But it was a decent win so lets hope we carry it over to next week.

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »
Great game, made them look awfull, defensively tight but also looked far more dangerous going forward. Amazing what playing one DM can do for you.

Hegazi superb, makes a change to Evans and Dawson lumping it forward and played his way forward nicely. McClean an absolute engine today - fantastic game.

JRod looks like a very able version of Long. Could have had 2 goals.

All in all a good performance. Need squad depth. Shame the Pulis out lot missed it and will refuse to watch MotD

According to the crisp man on Facebook we are not on MOTD
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »
Hegazi was solid but does lack some pace. Makes up for it by strong challenges and calmness on the ball. Looks like a real threat at set peices.
JRod injected what we have been missing for a few seasons, not afraid to run at defenders and take shots at will.
I was surprized by the starting line up but it was a solid team performance all round.

Soooo happy we didnt sign Defoe!

Online royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
According to the crisp man on Facebook we are not on MOTD

We are listed the seventh match out of eight

Offline baggies_24

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
If we're served that up each week I'm more than happy, thought Rodriguez was very good Rondon should take note of that performance held the ball up well, got others involved and the chances that came to him were all good strikes, so unlucky on that curled shot in the first half, 2 inches to the left and it's in off the post.

Can't help but feel that squad needs an injection of 2-3 really solid signing and we're not far off, as long as we don't revert to the negative no shots on goal rubbish that was played at the end of last season we could be aiming for a top half finish.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:59:54 PM by baggies_24 »

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
We are listed the seventh match out of eight

I know that 2 million pound Gary forgot out game during his motd fb video post
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.