West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 12 Aug 2017 Albion 1 AFC Bournemouth 0  (Read 14252 times)

Online kirk

• Reserve Baggie
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »
Great game, made them look awfull, defensively tight but also looked far more dangerous going forward. Amazing what playing one DM can do for you.

Hegazi superb, makes a change to Evans and Dawson lumping it forward and played his way forward nicely. McClean an absolute engine today - fantastic game.

JRod looks like a very able version of Long. Could have had 2 goals.

All in all a good performance. Need squad depth. Shame the Pulis out lot missed it and will refuse to watch MotD

According to the crisp man on Facebook we are not on MOTD
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »
Hegazi was solid but does lack some pace. Makes up for it by strong challenges and calmness on the ball. Looks like a real threat at set peices.
JRod injected what we have been missing for a few seasons, not afraid to run at defenders and take shots at will.
I was surprized by the starting line up but it was a solid team performance all round.

Soooo happy we didnt sign Defoe!

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
According to the crisp man on Facebook we are not on MOTD

We are listed the seventh match out of eight

Offline baggies_24

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
If we're served that up each week I'm more than happy, thought Rodriguez was very good Rondon should take note of that performance held the ball up well, got others involved and the chances that came to him were all good strikes, so unlucky on that curled shot in the first half, 2 inches to the left and it's in off the post.

Can't help but feel that squad needs an injection of 2-3 really solid signing and we're not far off, as long as we don't revert to the negative no shots on goal rubbish that was played at the end of last season we could be aiming for a top half finish.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:59:54 PM by baggies_24 »

Online kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
We are listed the seventh match out of eight

I know that 2 million pound Gary forgot out game during his motd fb video post
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline TheBrom

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2017, 02:07:43 AM »
Most of our fans on here predicted us to lose.  :-X Bournemouth finished 8th last season so they can't be that bad.

Pretty sure I said on a number of occasions we'd beat Bournemouth. We're a better side on paper and on the pitch.

Offline alex1

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2017, 03:42:13 AM »
We won but not mightly impressed. We have alot more quality than Bournemouth, but why can't we play a bit more expansive and see some flair going forward. To win it on just another set piece when we could have scored a few more. Very pleased with Rodriquez, got into some good positions and got some good shots away. Hope he's a regular starter. But don't understand why Field preferred to Chadli. Chadli is our most creative player . I'm pleased to see our young players getting experience, but to replace Chadli in our starting eleven was a bit unnecessary. We did miss creativity in midfield, as Field for all his chasing and covering, which you would expect, doesn't pose any danger to the opposition, as all his passes are sideways or don't set up goal scoring chances. We already have Yacob playing a similar game, and Livermore to a certain extent, but the midfielder behind the forwards has to be more dynamic. 

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:43 AM »
We won but not mightly impressed. We have alot more quality than Bournemouth, but why can't we play a bit more expansive and see some flair going forward. To win it on just another set piece when we could have scored a few more. Very pleased with Rodriquez, got into some good positions and got some good shots away. Hope he's a regular starter. But don't understand why Field preferred to Chadli. Chadli is our most creative player . I'm pleased to see our young players getting experience, but to replace Chadli in our starting eleven was a bit unnecessary. We did miss creativity in midfield, as Field for all his chasing and covering, which you would expect, doesn't pose any danger to the opposition, as all his passes are sideways or don't set up goal scoring chances. We already have Yacob playing a similar game, and Livermore to a certain extent, but the midfielder behind the forwards has to be more dynamic.

Might be something to do with the fact that Chadli probably wont be here at the end of the transfer window
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »
Thought everyone did well today, but as ever we looked a threat from set-pieces from Brunt and Phillips adds so much to our attack.
With regards to Hegazi, he looked really good at times and the goal was fantastic but his positioning/pace was also a little worrying, I'm not moaning though as he did the business.
It's a shame people slag Dawson off as well, he was very solid today and defended against some tough shots which may have scored without him blocking.

As for Bournemouth, Ibe looked horrendous.

To be fair Bournemouth did give him any reason to run fast as they were pretty poor, but I know what you mean. Personally I thought he read the game really well and based on that performance he could be a real find.

I thought Rodrigues and Phillips were working well together too. Saw it a couple of times in the first half in particular, they seem to be in tune with each other.

Loved every second of yesterday. I thought we bullied them and they just lost the appetite. Seeing the size of Defoe against Hegazi was amusing. Our team were as keen as mustard in all areas  absolutely no complaints from me.

Well done TP and GM
'Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage......'

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2017, 08:04:05 AM »
An amusing quote from a Bournemouth journo;

West Brom's defence remain as charitable as Donald Trump to a North Korean trans-gender soldier with a Mexican boyfriend

I think thats a compliment!

He also referred to the score as Dark Arts 1 - 0 Harrys Wizardry. :D

Link here for anyone interested

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=500530

I dont really rate the journo though as he thought the game was at Dean Court!

'Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage......'

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »
Thought we played well in parts. The goal came at the right time too as we needed some payoff for the chances we were creating.

Thought Rodriguez was very good when he was through the centre, less effective out wide but an impressive game non-the-less.

Hegazi and Dawson both had good games and Hegazi took his goal well.

Midfield needs some quality: Yacob was good as were Phillips and McClean but I thought the game seemed to pass Field by and Livermore's distribution was quite poor. I didn't see anything in Harper to suggest that he shouldn't be loaned out along with Field and Leko.

All in all a decent, competent performance with much room for improvement.

I hope that it is the last time that we have Madley referring us, he was shocking as were the assistants. How the assistant on the West stand side missed Ake pulling back Robson Kanu by his shirt, it happened right in front of him, and as for the handball by the #2. Was hoping to see the incidents on MOTD but neither were shown although the match commentator did pass comment on Dawson's "stamp" on Ake. For what it's worth I don't think it was an intentional stamp, Dawson wasn't looking at Ake and Ake didn't react to it neither did any other Bournemouth player.
Thought Ibe should have been booked for a dive, maybe the 3 man panel will give him a retrospective ban?
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
A wins a win and we need to be beating poor teams at home which we did. Quite bored at times, created some decent chances. Will take a break now until Watford at home, hopefully get a ticket for Brighton beforehand

Good to see we were first on goals on Sunday
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:11:15 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
Harper - good to hear Pulis say he's been excellent pre season....17 year old forcing himself into the mix can't be bad. Nice ball to Rondon yesterday and showed pace from midfield (we need that) to get to the edge of the box in case needed.

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »
Good performance and great to start with three points

Plus points has to be the performances of both Hegazy and Rodriguez. Hope yesterday is a sign of things to come from them both.

Bournemouth were utter tripe - slow, ponderous and easy for us to defend against

Great to see both Field and Harper being awarded opportunities

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »
Good performance and great to start with three points

Plus points has to be the performances of both Hegazy and Rodriguez. Hope yesterday is a sign of things to come from them both.

Bournemouth were utter tripe - slow, ponderous and easy for us to defend against

Great to see both Field and Harper being awarded opportunities

I hope the steps in the Smeth' didn't prove too great a challenge for you yesterday  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline alex1

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »
Might be something to do with the fact that Chadli probably wont be here at the end of the transfer window
Sadly, I think you might be correct, in which case my patience with Pulis has completly run out.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2017, 01:10:09 PM »
I hope the steps in the Smeth' didn't prove too great a challenge for you yesterday  ;D  ;) .

You will be glad to know I managed the steps with no difficulty  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Online Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2017, 01:16:43 PM »
Yesterday sort of summed Pulis up for me , 1st half I was impressed with the zip we played with and some good attacking moves. I also felt there was a bit more care with the ball which for me has been the main issue under Pulis , low possesion is fine but giving it away cheap when we do have it is not.
2nd half we did a classic Pulis when his side leads , its frustrating to see players like Brunt and Nyom lump it because we are that deep there is no out ball unless Phillips gets on it.
I do understand why he did it , we need points on the board , our squad is wafer thin , I can't remember when we last won a game and frankly had we lost there's a large number ready to hound him whether thats right or not.
While Bournemouth are suspect at the back apart from the impressive Ake , they do flow forward very well and you can see why the media love them. Let them play and they will pull you apart so again I see why Pulis does it.
3 points with a large number of key players missing and our youth making up numbers , not to be sniffed at in my humble.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline sparky123

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »
Did anybody get the music played after the match "by the Bangles walk like an Egyptian  " somebody having a laugh,

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2017, 03:16:10 PM »
Did anybody get the music played after the match "by the Bangles walk like an Egyptian  " somebody having a laugh,

Yes chap, brought a smile to my face  :) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline mateinone

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
If Rondon was having a tantrum at the end of the game, then someone needs to pull him aside and find out if we can turn this around or we need to replace him.

The result in a team game every single time matters more than the individual's ego at the minutes they are getting or not getting, but not only that... Rondon has competition for his spot and if he is asked to seriously assess his finishing in the 2nd 1/2 of last season he can't argue that it let him down and that the club stuck fat with him for that period. He needs to know he has support, but the club will always do what is best for the club.

If he still doesn't buy into it, then we need to see what we can get for him (I think he could still be VERY successful at another club) and move onto other options (well in the reverse order).

No player should be walking off the pitch throwing a tantrum when the club has won a game. It is very poor form to make it about themselves and I would think his teammates would be inebriated.

But, that is IF the comments are true. I am hoping they have been overstated.

Online WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »

We're some doing the dance to go with it
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »
Sadly, I think you might be correct, in which case my patience with Pulis has completly run out.

By all means blame who you like but at £75k a week and refusing to go to a training camp? I'd run up any and every mountain you like for that.
'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' - Albert Einstein, anticipating the birth of Alan Irvine.

Online caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »
How many moaners didn't take up the free drink offer? :P

Online Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach
Re: Streams
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2017, 07:40:33 PM »
Out of interest how did you guys in Uk find the free streams Yesterday ? Wondered how this action by Sky has left things ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.