Author Topic: 12 Aug 2017 Albion 1 AFC Bournemouth 0  (Read 56494 times)

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »
Rondon having a strop full time?

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
As I'm being really pessimistic about our chances this season, I'm chuffed with that result bearing in mind the team selection (pre-match looked iffy) & the fact that some of our peers have picked up what I consider bonus points against the so called big 6/7 teams. Hopefully IF we can add a bit more quality/depth to the squad before the window closes I might start to feel more confident!
Btw I didn't watch the game via a stream because I'm not a good watcher & my grand daughter is here lol (bad language alert)

I thought it was only me who swears inneffectively at the screen. I know it is useless but the sheer frustration at rubbish officials and biased commentators seems to force it. Will try to maintain discipline and save it for the matches I can attend when I actually swear far less, if at all.
Decent enough performance today all round, against a poor Bmouth side who do however use the shove and fall over technique to good effect to get opponents booked for fairly gentle tackles. Maybe some footage here for the divers panel. Dawson may or may not have stamped on Ake (a good defender), he certainly did not appear to look at the target if he did, and  should be very difficult to prove intent given the tangle of legs and lack of foot space. Any further action on this for me would smack of prejudice. I am a bit biased though and feel that any team with players who dive as much as players like fraser deserve any injury they may get.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »
3 points with clean sheet on the opening day.
Hegazi scored a debut goal.
Field starts.
Harper made his debut.
What a day for all Albion fans. ;D

Whole team does well, concentrated until the last moment and we keep our solid defense despite Evans miss out.
Dawson deserves special mention, looked calm when play at CB and didn't give Defoe a single chance at all.
The PRIDE of midlands

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
Rondon having a strop full time?
Whats happened?

danwatson

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
Rondon definitely having a strop at full time, ran straight down the tunnel and threw his shirt on the floor on the way...

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »
Hegazi looks a find, Dawson looked excellent and Nyom much better at right back, Rodriguez looks a steal if we can keep him fit, Rondon and Chadli are gone, overall decent performance. I'd say we need a central attacking midfielder, another striker, left back and centre back and that team would be pretty strong .

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:42 PM »
Good result to get us off the mark and to buy us some time in the transfer market, although I am worried at the direction we may be going with both the incomings and outgoings.

Hegazi is a monster, JRod looks good and I've definitely warmed to his signing since the official announcement. Don't think anyone really had a bad game. I would have loved to see Yacob put one of his chances away though.

Kudos to Pulis for bringing on Harper, even though he was the only option to replace Field, think he looks an amazing prospect. If Field carries on his development, he could be a solid PL midfielder in the Mark Noble/Jake Livermore sort of bracket, however Harper looks like he could be something special.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
Great result, Pulis tactics spot on today. Bournemouth are a very talented team but we made them look poor. Hegazi had a great debut so did J Rod. Good to see Field get a game and Harper come on.
the regime don't like it man

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »
Great game, made them look awfull, defensively tight but also looked far more dangerous going forward. Amazing what playing one DM can do for you.

Hegazi superb, makes a change to Evans and Dawson lumping it forward and played his way forward nicely. McClean an absolute engine today - fantastic game.

JRod looks like a very able version of Long. Could have had 2 goals.

All in all a good performance. Need squad depth. Shame the Pulis out lot missed it and will refuse to watch MotD

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »
Thought everyone did well today, but as ever we looked a threat from set-pieces from Brunt and Phillips adds so much to our attack.
With regards to Hegazi, he looked really good at times and the goal was fantastic but his positioning/pace was also a little worrying, I'm not moaning though as he did the business.
It's a shame people slag Dawson off as well, he was very solid today and defended against some tough shots which may have scored without him blocking.

As for Bournemouth, Ibe looked horrendous.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »
Nice one , only 37 points to go and a clean sheet to boot  :P good performances by debutants well done recruitment office

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
Rondon definitely having a strop at full time, ran straight down the tunnel and threw his shirt on the floor on the way...

Rondon wasn't happy when he came on and you are spot on about his reaction at full time
No doubt TP will sort him out or get rid - is that Chinese offer still on the table ?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
great to start the season with a win and its obvious we need  some squad depth.
throwing the shirt on the floor is so disrespectful from Rondon if that's true.

breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
Rondon wasn't happy when he came on and you are spot on about his reaction at full time
No doubt TP will sort him out or get rid - is that Chinese offer still on the table ?

I would rather sell him if that's his attitude.  The team won.  That's the number one priority.  He came on for the last 10 minutes.  The game was still in doubt.  He actually made a really good run and created a very nice chance.  There's no reason for him to be pouting.

breakfastbaggie

• Baby Baggie

Re: Streams
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »
http://buffstream.com/watch/soccer-5.php

thanks so much.  The match wasn't televised in Canada.  That was the best picture quality for a stream I have ever seen.

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
Great result, thought Jrod, McLean and Hegazi were standout.

Frustrating that Bournemouth had over 70% possession, think Field needs to go out on loan to learn his trade- was a yard off it a lot of the time and we can't afford for him to learn on the job.

Don't like the style of play, but a win is a win.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:48:28 PM by Ross »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
Plus points

Rodriguez looked like the player we hoped we signed.
Hegazi looked the part goal on debut nothing not to like.

Defensively solid bearing in mind we lost Evans in fairness Foster barely had a shot to save.

Minus Points

Midfield is a mess aside from Yacob not sure what anyone was supposed to be doing out there. Hate watching players I know can play just lumping the ball down the line.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »
Easy win. To be expected, Bournemouth are awful, Cook, Francis, Daniels, Arter, Pugh, Fraser, Surman all bang average Championship fodder.

Rodriguez looked very good as I thought he would do.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Easy win. To be expected, Bournemouth are awful, Cook, Francis, Daniels, Arter, Pugh, Fraser, Surman all bang average Championship fodder.

Rodriguez looked very good as I thought he would do.

Most of our fans on here predicted us to lose.  :-X Bournemouth finished 8th last season so they can't be that bad.
the regime don't like it man

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »
Thought everyone did well today, but as ever we looked a threat from set-pieces from Brunt and Phillips adds so much to our attack.
With regards to Hegazi, he looked really good at times and the goal was fantastic but his positioning/pace was also a little worrying, I'm not moaning though as he did the business.
It's a shame people slag Dawson off as well, he was very solid today and defended against some tough shots which may have scored without him blocking.

As for Bournemouth, Ibe looked horrendous.

Yup I worry about Hegazi against teams that want to run a fast counter system against us.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »
Must say Ake looked nothing special too.

Bournemouth are lauded as this fantastic attacking team who create and press and run teams around. They were rubbish today. Foster had nothing to do.

Here's a nice fact about 'fancy football' playing Bournemouth - they scored less goals on the counter attack than us last season, they also scored only twice less from set pieces than us.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
Good result to get us off the mark and to buy us some time in the transfer market, although I am worried at the direction we may be going with both the incomings and outgoings.

Hegazi is a monster, JRod looks good and I've definitely warmed to his signing since the official announcement. Don't think anyone really had a bad game. I would have loved to see Yacob put one of his chances away though.

Kudos to Pulis for bringing on Harper, even though he was the only option to replace Field, think he looks an amazing prospect. If Field carries on his development, he could be a solid PL midfielder in the Mark Noble/Jake Livermore sort of bracket, however Harper looks like he could be something special.
I agree Harper looks much more of a prospect than Field does
I think the game passed Field by
Harper with that extra pace looks much better

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »
Must say Ake looked nothing special too.

Bournemouth are lauded as this fantastic attacking team who create and press and run teams around. They were rubbish today. Foster had nothing to do.

Here's a nice fact about 'fancy football' playing Bournemouth - they scored less goals on the counter attack than us last season, they also scored only twice less from set pieces than us.

Really,I thought he was their stand out player not a lot got past him and he came  from nowhere to take the ball away from Kanu when he was about to pull the trigger
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
Most of our fans on here predicted us to lose.  :-X Bournemouth finished 8th last season so they can't be that bad.

They normally have a high intensity to make up for a lack of talent, but seemed to be lacking it today. We just soaked up the possession and they had Surman and Arter trying to pick the passes, who are two poor central midfielders. Bigger tests to come

Thought Ake looked quality; very composed. Not sure what game you were watching Psalm, but then I never usually do so I am happy to be in disagreement with you again.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
Happy Pulis gave the youngsters a chance, If they are good enough... they are old enough, I don't buy this 'they need to be loaned out to lower leagues' rubbish... Field done a job for us for a fraction of Fletcher's salary and age (good riddance).

Hegazi looked pretty comfortable, J Rod looked eager and seemed like we played less long balls to nothing than we do when we play Rondon up top on his own.

Won't get carried away as we were against a very poor Bournemouth side today, only player of theirs that looked half decent was Ake, But it was a decent win so lets hope we carry it over to next week.