Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123553 times)

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2800 on: December 26, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
All of these comments for the moment are irrelevant. He's pulled his hammy anyway by the look of it and won't be playing for a while.

Noticing the lack of criticism on the forum for the equally poor JRod and HRK who are also supposedly "Strikers".

We do desperately need a new striker in the window, but as mentioned before, we're close to our ceiling with FFP and we'll need to ship people out first, hopefully Tone will take some of our players off us to Boro or something to free up the wages.

Hard to be hard on HRK, he was on a free, cost nothing and we have little expectation of him, we knew he was poor when we signed him, Rodriguez has a track record of being pony, had one season in the prem with 15 goals surrounded by a decent bunch at Southampton but hasn't done much since to make us think he's an out and out forward.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2801 on: December 26, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »
We had little expectation of him when we signed, but we didn’t then have to go and extend his contract!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2802 on: December 26, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
Blame the club for their failure to get the required resources - its not Rondon's fault if he's not good enough but it gives some both inside and outside the ground the opportunity to continue kicking the player when his confidence is shot.

The guilt edged chance was missed by Dawson but I don't and have not seen the public slaughtering that Rondon receives.

Furthermore, those sarcastically cheering his subsitution must have been delighted to have seen HRK who is far worse, will never score the goals Rondon has in this division, never be as effective as Rondon, come onto the pitch.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2803 on: December 26, 2017, 06:59:16 PM »
Still the best striker at the club by some considerable distance and that really sums up our issues at the moment.  Instead of adding yet more defensive midfielders over the summer we should have thrown all our energy into getting some proper competition for Rondon, as it is now he just looks lost and completely lacking in confidence

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2804 on: December 26, 2017, 07:02:38 PM »
I actually think if he didn't get injured we would have scored, not necessarily with Rondon as the scorer but we looked more dangerous with him than without.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2805 on: December 26, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »
Some of you really can't see how bad he really is, I can't understand the love in some of you have for him, he is utter rubbish. It's no ones fault but his that he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2806 on: December 26, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
Some of you really can't see how bad he really is, I can't understand the love in some of you have for him, he is utter rubbish. It's no ones fault but his that he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

He’s the best forward ar the club.

Clearly we need to bring in a proven goalscorer if we are to have any chance of survival, Robson Kanu and Rodriguez are not the answer.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2807 on: December 26, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »
As you keep saying all about opinions... like United being the best team in the league  ;) . We can't all be right fella  ;D  Rondon is a good striker who hopefully Pardew can get a tune out of. I'd urge everyone to re-read the first few pages of this thread from August 2015.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2808 on: December 26, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
I see he's getting all the blame again from the usual suspects, obviously they only pay attention to the one miss and ignore the whole flow of the game.

By far the best striker at the club, massive blow for us with him getting injured. The issue we've had is getting some quality playing off him, that's why Chadli going off at Stoke was so gutting. If we only bring one player in next month, it has to be a quality secondary striker, someone in the Giovinco mould would be perfect playing off Salomon. Just hope he's not out too long.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2809 on: December 26, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »
Really should have put at least one away today.  Maybe his confidence is low.  Looking at the attacking options on the bench today it was depressing.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2810 on: December 26, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
I see he's getting all the blame again from the usual suspects, obviously they only pay attention to the one miss and ignore the whole flow of the game... The issue we've had is getting some quality playing off him

The issue we have is we are not scoring any goals, which is what Rondon is paid to do and fails to deliver on. He had two fantastic chances today which he should have scored from which has cost us two points. Just like he should have levelled at Stoke and blazed it over. We lack a striker worthy of the name and it's sending us down.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2811 on: December 26, 2017, 07:53:34 PM »
The issue we have is we are not scoring any goals, which is what Rondon is paid to do and fails to deliver on. He had two fantastic chances today which he should have scored from which has cost us two points. Just like he should have levelled at Stoke and blazed it over. We lack a striker worthy of the name and it's sending us down.

You don't think the Brunt/Phillips free kick was just as culpable then?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2812 on: December 26, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »

We're starting Jake Livermore on a weekly basis and have been regurlary playing McClean and Robson-Kanu. Rondon is the very least of our worries. What we needed to do was supplement him with quality players, but we spent the best part of £30m on Rodriguez (not what we needed) and Burke (confusingly dropped from the squad).

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2813 on: December 26, 2017, 08:13:53 PM »
We're starting Jake Livermore on a weekly basis and have been regurlary playing McClean and Robson-Kanu. Rondon is the very least of our worries. What we needed to do was supplement him with quality players, but we spent the best part of £30m on Rodriguez (not what we needed) and Burke (confusingly dropped from the squad).

I realise we're straying from the topic, but I have to say the Burke signing was very puzzling. Not saying he's not a good prospect, but I'm think the transfer fee could have been better spent.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2814 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
I realise we're straying from the topic, but I have to say the Burke signing was very puzzling. Not saying he's not a good prospect, but I'm think the transfer fee could have been better spent.

Tony Pulis' transfer policy was very puzzling, generally signed better than what we had but either in positions where we were already well-stocked or with no intention to start them.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2815 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »
You don't think the Brunt/Phillips free kick was just as culpable then?

No obviously not. The free kick was awful but it's still only a half chance to beat the keeper from outside the box.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2816 on: December 26, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
I've supported Rondon but it's getting to a point where it's pointless,he's the main striker at the club and that's why he gets picked ahead of the other two but his composure in front of goal is woeful,the chance where he pulled his hamstring for instance was just a hack with no direction at all.very much doubt if he would ever get 10+ goals in a season but neither will the other two.We just happen to have 3 very poor goal scorers at the club all at the same time which the blame lies with the last manager because it was an area that should have been rectified last summer.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2817 on: December 26, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »
I see he's getting all the blame again from the usual suspects, obviously they only pay attention to the one miss and ignore the whole flow of the game.

By far the best striker at the club, massive blow for us with him getting injured. The issue we've had is getting some quality playing off him, that's why Chadli going off at Stoke was so gutting. If we only bring one player in next month, it has to be a quality secondary striker, someone in the Giovinco mould would be perfect playing off Salomon. Just hope he's not out too long.

Funny how we all see things differently for me the lad is totally out of his depth . We pay him to score goals and help with the creation of chances for colleagues . Work rate should be a given for any footballer but I could have gone and fetched anyone of my mates from DK Running Club or Tipton Harriers to do what he did today and they would probably have made a better fist of those chances . I didn't like what I saw today and several people burst out laughing when he got injured it all looked so fake .

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2818 on: December 26, 2017, 09:03:33 PM »
We've had 34 shots and 21 corners in our last two matches but scored once.compare these figures to ones under Pulls and its a step in the right direction,just need to start taking chances.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2819 on: December 26, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »

Not only one miss though is it? And it's not going to be a big blow for us he doesn't score anyway!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2820 on: December 26, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
Not only one miss though is it? And it's not going to be a big blow for us he doesn't score anyway!

Quite possibly a blessing in disguise Keith
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2821 on: December 26, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »

I guess it gives us an opportunity to start the quality and prolific goal scorer that is Robson-Kanu
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2822 on: December 26, 2017, 09:37:44 PM »
I guess it gives us an opportunity to start the quality and prolific goal scorer that is Robson-Kanu

Utterly despair. Seriously.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2823 on: December 26, 2017, 09:53:19 PM »

That just underlines the lack of quality we have in the forwards department. But the main criticism has to be for Rondon because he's our main striker, starting every match in the No.9 furthest man forward role.  He hasn't got enough compusure in front of goal. He snatches at chances as if he's in a panic. The best strikers stay composed in those situations. You can say he's unlucky, but good strikers think clever, anticipate alot better. His main qualities are his hold up play as a target man, and his heading. I'm not dismissing the importance of such qualities, but we should expect more. We've had other decent target men like M-A Fortune and even Anichebe, but they didn't cost as much and had other forwards alongside them who scored more regularly.
This transfer window the No.1 priority has to be a striker who knows how to put the ball in the net.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2824 on: December 26, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
We've only ever had one top class premiership striker in my eyes that was Odemwingie.the list of dross strikers for the years we've had in the top flight shows how poor we recruit,yes they cost lots of money but to keep bringing in cheap inadequate players or ones who've had few games for 12 months is a false economy where your paying top wages for no return.didn't we refuse Kevin Phillips a 2yr contract but now have J Rod and HRK on better contracts.