Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131881 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2775 on: December 23, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
Good effort with low shot, but I'm sorry, how many chances does he need, 5, 10, 20, 50???
And for those of you who don't think it's important for strikers to be calm and clinical in front of goal, have a little look at Stoke's No.10 for the second goal.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2776 on: December 23, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »
The issue was he thought he was offside. Awful miss but mitigation right there. He's the least of our worries.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2777 on: December 23, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
He didn't think he was offside, that's complete garbage. He was trying to score and blazed it over. He didn't rush or stop or have a look the linesman. He had no idea about the linesman. His only thought was to shoot and it turned out appalling badly. There is no mitigation. Complete troll and tosh of a post Jacko.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2778 on: December 23, 2017, 04:00:41 PM »
Excuse after excuse he is garbage, and doesn't deserve to be playing in the premiere league let alone be called a premiership striker, because he ain't!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2779 on: December 23, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »
He's certainly capable but confidence is shot

I'd play a front 3 of Phillips chadli Burke
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2780 on: December 23, 2017, 04:04:46 PM »
The issue was he thought he was offside. Awful miss but mitigation right there. He's the least of our worries.

We're the second worst scorers in the league, he's our main striker and you don't see him as a problem??
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2781 on: December 23, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »
Still rubbish, 4 goals this season for our main striker, shocking.

crocodile007

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2782 on: December 23, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
He isn't rubbish. His overall play lately has been excellent. If you look at his performance today purely from a finishing perspective which ignores everything else he had one bad miss, one strike that produced a great save, a goal and a long speculative effort which was easily saved. That's a pretty good performance. Compare to chupo moteng  or whatever his name Is, I remember him scoring a good goal which an earlier poster pointed out but also missed a free header inside the 6 yard box. By your measure did he have a pooh game also? Strikers miss chances which is why teams also pay fortunes for creative players. Rondon isnt the problem, the problem is much worse in the fact that we barely create any chances. But what do I know, stick HRK up front he'll do better.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2783 on: December 23, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »
Played well today. Tested Butland and got his goal.  Strikers miss chances and you can't tell me it didn't go through his mind he was going to be flagged so just lashed it.

crocodile007

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2784 on: December 23, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »
Honestly there's no talking to some people. You do realise that we haven't scored many goals as a team don't you? I'm sick of seeing posts bashing Rondon so I'll give you a statistic that you can't possibly argue with:
At 3 goals Rondon has scored 21% of our total goals.
As a comparison Mo Salah on 15 goals has scored 36% of his team's goals. That's the leagues top scorer.
Aguero is next on 12 goals from 60 which is 20% of his team's goals.
Aside from Harry Kane who scores a much larger % of spurs goals, anything from 20-25% is standard for your main striker.
The problem isn't rondon it's the fact that we don't score or create enough full stop.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2785 on: December 23, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »
Have to agree here. He's actually been playing well recently and looked a different player to the one under Pulis, suggesting with more chances he'll get more goals.

The more worrying statistic is the amount of goals we've scored and that's going to be the biggest issue this season, considering players such as Phillips, Chadli and Dawson scored the bulk of our goals last year and haven't featured enough.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2786 on: December 23, 2017, 06:23:16 PM »
You do realise that we haven't scored many goals as a team don't you? ...The problem isn't rondon it's the fact that we don't score or create enough full stop.

Perhaps we'd score more goals if we had a striker worthy of the name and not a useless lump upfront.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2787 on: December 23, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
You rate Pardew
You rate Robson Kanu
You rate Rodriguez
You don't rate Rondon
You don't rate Krychowiak
I disagree with these opinions. Just thought I'd point out that fact.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2788 on: December 23, 2017, 06:57:47 PM »
Perhaps we'd score more goals if we had a striker worthy of the name and not a useless lump upfront.
he’s had a total of 30 shots this entire season so far, how many of those have been actual good chances created? He’s still managed 3 league goals and His conversion rate this season is better than Ronaldo’s, fact is we don’t create enough decent chances for any of our strikers.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2789 on: December 23, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
Perhaps if we had such a player we'd play him but we dont,the fact is we are playing Rondon because we don't have anyone else.so who do you suggest we play this role considering that HRK and Rodriguez are both as bad?you can only use what players are available,I would drop Nyom because he's been awful but there's no-one else available.

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2790 on: December 26, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »
Lost a few days of my life watching that clown.

Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2791 on: December 26, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »
He is still our best striker unfortunately, even he missed golden chances again.
Because J-Rod and HRK are even worse than him.
The PRIDE of midlands

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2792 on: December 26, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »
Unbelievable yes and I don't believe it for a second he has a heavyweight goal scoring record in some of the major leagues across Europe is only 25 and is close to his absolute peak. He is playing for Zenit who are in the Champions League and in all probability pay him an absolute fortune. If he comes to England it would only be to a top 6 club. I will be totally dumfounded if he he shows up at the Hawthorns.

A quick reminder from page one of the thread by a very sensible astute poster.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2793 on: December 26, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »

I often go back to that post and think what the hell has happened to the player I used to watch elsewhere.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2794 on: December 26, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »

He's had a couple of seasons where he has had goal scoring coached out of him I'm afraid.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2795 on: December 26, 2017, 05:21:12 PM »
I often go back to that post and think what the hell has happened to the player I used to watch elsewhere.

Tony broke him, I can't find another explanation

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2796 on: December 26, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
Lost a few days of my life watching that clown.

I wouldn't exactly call him a clown , just not a premeir league footballer
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2797 on: December 26, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
If it wasn't so serious it would be a joke, to call him a striker is an absolute joke, bloody awful again, the one in the first half he should be ashamed the one in the second half was so bad I felt embarrassed for him because that's what it was embarrassing.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2798 on: December 26, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »
Tony broke him, I can't find another explanation

I just don't think he's *that* good.  He's not been prolific for us at all, he's always fluffed a lot of chances. The pressure is on because of our run so when we have games like the last two where he's missing gilt edged chances and then we drop points it looks worse.

The REALLY terrifying thing is that he's the best of our current lot. 

We're not big spenders - especially not in January so I'd keep the 3 we have and add a proper first choice to them.  No point getting rid of Rondon to end up relying on HRK or J-Rod and I can't see us getting rid of 2 and getting 2 new ones in.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2799 on: December 26, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »
All of these comments for the moment are irrelevant. He's pulled his hammy anyway by the look of it and won't be playing for a while.

Noticing the lack of criticism on the forum for the equally poor JRod and HRK who are also supposedly "Strikers".

We do desperately need a new striker in the window, but as mentioned before, we're close to our ceiling with FFP and we'll need to ship people out first, hopefully Tone will take some of our players off us to Boro or something to free up the wages.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty