West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by wbarenno on Today at 04:13:43 PM »
I love that I'm in your head...

We were in control of the Stoke game before a terrible unlucky mistake by Hegazi, Stoke never looked like scoring.
The ref robbed us against Arsenal and took the game out of our control.
Conceding a 94th min goal against Watford which never happens 9 out of 10 times. Unlucky.
A foul before Southampton's goal which was also a rare bit of quality from them, Rodriguez should have put us in the lead before that too.

We could easily be 6 points better off IMO which would have us in the top 4.

Stoke game fair enough it was a mistake and I agree stoke never looked like scoring

The penalty against arsenal was a penalty, we could have missed it and our 2nd half performance was awfull that has nothing to do with luck

The Watford game we conceded a two goal lead that's not unlucky that's bad play and bad management. We sat back as soon as we got the 2nd and Watford we're by far the better side. They more then deserved a point

Yesterday we didn't deserve anything, we deserved what we got nothing unlucky about that

What about the last 3rd of last season? This run isn't nothing new it's been happening since February
« Last post by miggybaggy on Today at 04:12:10 PM »

We were in control of the Stoke game before a terrible unlucky mistake by Hegazi, Stoke never looked like scoring.
Conceding a 94th min goal against Watford which never happens 9 out of 10 times. Unlucky.
A foul before Southampton's goal which was also a rare bit of quality from them, Rodriguez should have put us in the lead before that too.

It really makes no sense to me whatsoever how you and others on this forum are so blind and always finding excuses. We are beyond awful.
« Last post by Adder on Today at 04:10:15 PM »

More ammunition.....Don't forget that the Watford goal was also a push on Hegazi by Richarlison.
« Last post by Jimmy on Today at 04:03:50 PM »

Yes those particular incidents you could have a debate about luck.

What about team selection? What about tactics? What about a lack of attacking intent? What about not playing players in their prefered position? What about dropping players seemingly for no reason (philips).

There is an enormous pile of crap you have to be blind to if your going to single out just a few "unlucky" moments.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by lewisant on Today at 04:02:56 PM »
Koeman in bottom 3
Hughes 17th
Billic 18th.

Why have a manager that is doing worse that the one we have at the moment?

Not mentioned replacing Pulis at all. Just wondered what people's views are on the 3 managers whose jobs look under threat.
« Last post by Legend on Today at 03:58:28 PM »
Really want a response about the luck, Legend. You come out with some utter nonsense the majority of the time, I used to assume it was just you trying to get a reaction which is why I'd never rise to it, but you actually genuinely believe it much as you try to claim you don't.

« Last post by WBAinDEVON on Today at 03:57:17 PM »
I still back us to finish top 10. We have as many points as we did this time last season, correct me if I'm wrong. We have a better squad this season, we just need a bit of luck and to be more clinical infront of goal.

I cant remember but someone highlighted we had 20 points at this stage last season.so where were we at this stage last season folks
« Last post by colinmax on Today at 03:52:12 PM »
Football is a matter of opinion with people liking Pullis or think he should go.
I would say most people on this forum would think the latter.
If this is so why is it that at every match it is chants such as There is only one Tony Pullis or Tony Tony give us a wave?
It would be better if the chants were What a load of rubbish,We want football or Attack,Attack,Attack.
At least this might deflate his ego and make him realise he is not as good as he thinks he is.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by kc56wba on Today at 03:51:55 PM »
Koeman, Hughes and Bilic all with a lot of work to do...which one of those 3 do you lot prefer as a manager?
Koeman in bottom 3
Hughes 17th
Billic 18th.

Why have a manager that is doing worse that the one we have at the moment?
« Last post by Raymond John on Today at 03:51:05 PM »
Re Argo

I think this is an excellent analysis of the principal reason for the failure this season of the Pulis approach.   It raises of course the question as to why certain “non-Pulis type” players were brought in in the summer and why, despite the failure to reproduce past results – the only redeeming feature of the Pulis approach -  they continue to be selected injuries not withstanding.

I certainly have no inside information but I suspect pressure was applied to Mr Pulis regarding the style of play his approach entails and hence the purchase, reluctantly or otherwise on the part of Mr. Pulis, of players whose natural game lends its self towards a more  expansive style of play.

Unfortunately for those who pushed for a style change, Mr. Pulis, for whatever reason, obviously has not bought into it and so we now have the worst of two worlds; an unattractive style of play and a number of players, either by inclination or ability, unsuited to that style.   Additionally a number of the established players relatively comfortable in the Pulis approach, are that bit older (or in the case of Darren Fletcher have departed), and can no longer be relied upon to perform as they have done so in the past so bringing them back may not necessarily restore the better results achieved in the past.

All this smacks of a classic failure of management at the highest operating level and that means boardroom level so I don't think our problems can solely  be placed at the door of Mr. Pulis however much I personally abhor his approach.   

It seems to me we can ditch the “non-Pulis” type player and hope restoration of the “old guard” does indeed get us back on track for another season of (mind numbing)  Premiership survival or we dispense with Mr Pulis's services and find a manager/coach capable of providing the more attractive football many of us long for but in doing so does not seriously jeopardise our Premiership status.
The latter is a tall order and sadly I have seen nothing in the history of our chairman to suggest he  has the imagination let alone the ability to think beyond the run of the mill tried and test ie failed, British manager.    I am afraid if there is to be a replacement of Mr. Pulis the chances of it being a Pochettino or Silva are virtually non-existent.

Whatever we do there are serious risks but it was only a matter of time before the poor, often short-term, management decision making which has been at the heart of the club for some years, finally catches up with us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10