West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: New Kit/ Sponsors
« Last post by NathWBA on Today at 01:37:33 PM »

No it's bull. The mother told me "I will let you know if she will let me". She wouldn't. They know alright they are just treating it like national security which I think is pathetic. It's all our club after all.
I can’t believe how offended you are getting about the club not revealing the colour of a kit, everyone is in the same boat, you keep calling the club childish and pathetic for not revealing it but in reality you’re acting like a petulant child not getting his own way. The club has operated this way for years, transfer targets are also kept secret, it’s been pointed out multiple times that it would be bad marketing telling everyone the kit colours in advance as people will decide to buy only one, if they release them in stages there’s more chance people will buy both, the club is a business at the end of the day. When do you ever see companies revealing the details of their products before launch?
« Last post by bradleysrocket on Today at 01:36:40 PM »
I know someone who works in the club shop and the letters and numbers have arrived for the away kit and they are white, which I presume rules out green & yellow??
as the away kit yes, I’m guessing the red letters would work on the green and yellow 3rd kit though.
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 01:23:58 PM »
Maybe she don't know herself so she can't tell her mother? No reason for til operators to know before anyone else... hardly confidential information it's just a fact that our club are very slow when it comes to announcements if you compare to other clubs. The club shop people aren't exactly in important meetings with the board so they won't know themselves til it's announced or they open the boxes with the kits in them.... I know the electrician who's just retired and even he said after working in the managers office, boardrooms etc... It's like getting blood out of a stone to find out info so I wouldn't take it to heart too much if I was you   :)

They know 100%. I know her mum very well if they didn't know she'd say so.
« Last post by adamw1109 on Today at 01:18:16 PM »

No it's bull. The mother told me "I will let you know if she will let me". She wouldn't. They know alright they are just treating it like national security which I think is pathetic. It's all our club after all.

Maybe she don't know herself so she can't tell her mother? No reason for til operators to know before anyone else... hardly confidential information it's just a fact that our club are very slow when it comes to announcements if you compare to other clubs. The club shop people aren't exactly in important meetings with the board so they won't know themselves til it's announced or they open the boxes with the kits in them.... I know the electrician who's just retired and even he said after working in the managers office, boardrooms etc... It's like getting blood out of a stone to find out info so I wouldn't take it to heart too much if I was you   :)
I saw some of the clips last night.  It looked really interesting.  I did not know that we had an artist in residence, and I would be really interested to see what the art work looks like, and what the players said over the course of our most challenging season for a decade.
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 01:09:00 PM »
I remember my cousin asking last year what colour the away kit was and the someone at the club shop said they don't see it themselves until they get them in stock when they are revealed.... maybe that is still the case and it's a top secret  ;D

« Last post by adamw1109 on Today at 01:05:58 PM »

If that's the case it's either black or red surely? I know the mother of the person who runs the club shop and I can't get a bloody thing out of them.  >:(

I remember my cousin asking last year what colour the away kit was and the someone at the club shop said they don't see it themselves until they get them in stock when they are revealed.... maybe that is still the case and it's a top secret  ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Spiralling transfer fees
« Last post by dannywba93 on Today at 12:57:43 PM »
And we have just agreed £6m for McLean to go to stoke
£6 million pound for someone who works hard but not really technically gifted
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 12:40:17 PM »
You know what, it wouldn't bother me if we won the league and said to the Premier League, 'stuff it we'll stay in the Championship'
To aim for 17th place every season is so soul destroying

Absolutely. Depressing. I think that's why I'm so looking forward to the coming season - something to actually play for.

I hate the Premier League I wish it would implode and the top six bugger off to a European League or better still go bust.
« Last post by Albionic on Today at 12:36:31 PM »
i have been predicting the implosion of the greed league for many years and yet the balloon keeps inflating.
I suspect the pin which will burst it will be something like Abramovic or the Etihad Arabs getting bored and pulling their funding, at which point the TV companies panic that the product is of less value.

Whatever the catalyst, i hope it comes sooner rather than later, for the fans sake.

As an aside, its interesting that we are now fans and no longer supporters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10