Author Topic: 25 Sept 2017 Arsenal 2 Albion 0  (Read 46607 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
Just have that feeling about this season, even at this stage, that we're going to have too many hard luck stories :(

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »
I dunno, I think the latter two really improve our starting XI and the former seems a decent prospect.  Wouldn't have minded a top striker, but lack of goals probably as much to do with the system than the personnel imo!

We really needed Gibbs, he's shown tonight what a left back with an engine can give us.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
Mentally they are fatigued and just outclassed, Not alot they can do when the ref helps them first half, And Nyom costs us second half.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »
We haven't got anyone with an eye for goal. We need a good striker, badly.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »
Just have that feeling about this season, even at this stage, that we're going to have too many hard luck stories :(

Nothing to do with luck!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
Passing needs to addressed.

SirTonyPulis

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
We really needed Gibbs, he's shown tonight what a left back with an engine can give us.

Gibbs hasnt been better than Brunt and by playing Gibbs our biggest goal threat dissappeared.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
Must be shattered...Back to the hoof !

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »
Fozzie stopped number 3

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »
it's absolutely embarrassing to be down 0-2 against ANYONE and seeing your GK have no sense or urgency whatsoever to get the ball moving.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »
If we lose to watford on saturday, i can see a relegation battle this season. And aztech, yes it is, we should've had a penalty first half, could've changed the dynamic of the game.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »
We haven't created many chances 2nd half

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2017, 09:50:14 PM »
Rondon looks fed up

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »
If we lose to watford on saturday, i can see a relegation battle this season. And aztech, yes it is, we should've had a penalty first half, could've changed the dynamic of the game.

I very much doubt it
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2017, 09:54:55 PM »
Second half performance was really poor. We just let arsenal dominate us in midfield. Midfield was very poor. Gave nothing to the attackers to chase.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »
Didn't turn up second half probably realised they were playing against 12 men and one of them was wearing a black shirt

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:03 PM »
If the ref does his job properly in the first half we get at least a draw. Oh well. Good effort from the players.
the regime don't like it man

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2017, 09:57:44 PM »
had chances 1st half, second half we was well off the pace. passing very sloppy especially from Dawson, thought barry was quiet and we sat deeper after the subs were made. we need to turn up for 90 mins .

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
Thought we should have got something from that. Ref couldn't have been more biased. Good effort and we looked decent, certainly have them a game.

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
I'm not the biggest fan of Pulis, and I don't like the way he sets us up against poorer or similar opposition, but I think he got it spot on tonight.

Don't really like to talk about bad luck, but I think it was just one of those nights.  Kept them quiet in the first half, managed to create a few good chances, and we definitely should have had a pen.  We were worse in the second half, but Arsenal played a lot better, and it was just a moment of brainless defending from Nyom for their 2nd.

Our season won't be defined by games like tonight, so I'm not too bothered, but if we see a midfield 3 of Livermore, Barry and Krychowiak against Watford I'll start to worry.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »
Referee was biased, if their penalty was ok then so should ours. Sanchez is a cheating diver.
Played well first half and then knew we could never win with the decisions going against us.

Note for January transfer we still need an attacking midfielder to replace Morrison, need better than Nyon and a definitley a goal getter ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
2 ok halves in our last two games count for nothing if Watford turn us over Saturday. God I am bored .
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »
Thought we should have got something from that. Ref couldn't have been more biased. Good effort and we looked decent, certainly have them a game.
When will it stop though? Refs cheat every week, unashamedly biased but nothing done. Premier League is corrupt full stop. If a ref wants to keep the work coming he has to keep the top 6 sweet. Rotten to the core!

Brombo97

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »
Midfield went home at half time!

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:14 PM »
I'd also say my biggest concern is that it's one thing to chop and change the system/players in a horses-for-courses way IN THEORY depending on opposition, but it feels like the negative style of football is too ingrained in the lads.

I can totally get behind going to the Emirates with a back 5 and 3 DMs and trying to steal a result (which we could have done if the game had gone our way a bit more), but when we played a team/system most of us were pretty happy with or even calling out for against West Ham we still produced turgid rubbish. 

My one hope is that this is partly a question of the new players gelling together etc, and I'd like to think a season of us playing a lineup similar to this against the top four or five sides, and gibbs-evans-CB-nyom, barry-krychowiak, and four attacking players will serve us well.  Time will tell I guess.