Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363394 times)

mifos

• Junior Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #825 on: April 14, 2018, 05:53:12 PM »
Happy there's going to be no further action, but 'not proven' sounds more like they think he did it but it can't be proved rather than they believe he didn't do it. 

No one would phrase the insult the way Bong claimed.  He clearly added the 'you're black' bit.

Bong should be sued for defamation, all but those who've followed this closely will remember is that JR was accused of racism. This doesn't exactly exonerate him does it?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #826 on: April 14, 2018, 05:57:31 PM »
Happy there's going to be no further action, but 'not proven' sounds more like they think he did it but it can't be proved rather than they believe he didn't do it. 

No one would phrase the insult the way Bong claimed.  He clearly added the 'you're black' bit.

Bong should be sued for defamation, all but those who've followed this closely will remember is that JR was accused of racism. This doesn't exactly exonerate him does it?

It'll all be forgotten about in a week or so. I don't think any mud sticks here at all. Ever since the incident I haven't heard anyone say a bad word about Rodriguez I think everyone was pretty certain he didn't say what he was accused of saying.

Bong either genuinely misheard (possible) or he's being a complete tw&t (equally possible).

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #827 on: April 14, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
Interesting:

What the referee said
Martin Atkinson wrote an extraordinary incident report and also made a witness statement to the FA.

In his evidence, he said: "In the 58th minute as I awarded a goal kick to Brighton, I was aware of a coming together of two players, Bong and Rodriguez.

"As I approached the two players, Bong pointed at Rodriguez and said to me: 'He has been racist.'

"That is when alarm bells started ringing in my head and I knew I needed to speak to the players.

"Bong was insistent that Rodriguez had said something racist. Bong was talking quickly and was clearly upset about he thought had heard.

"Bong told me that JR had said the word 'black' and then something else, but it was not clear what GB said as he was talking so fast and with such emotion."

After the match, Atkinson spoke further to Bong. The FA reported Atkinson as saying Bong "did not appear upset or angry, just certain and insistent about what had happened".

The FA also said that in cross examination Bong said that "he did not say the words 'black something' to the referee, nor did he tell the referee that he had been called a black anything".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43744840

Scroll through the link for Jay Rodriguez's statement.........
Judging by it J-Rod could also accuse Bong of Racism doubt he will or Possibly Saying Something offensive in French Possibly Covering up Racist or Offensive Comments towards J-Rod Knowing that he could have F****d up.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #828 on: April 14, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »
What a bunch of feckin pansies "football" players are today. If they have a prob go outside and sort it out. Wimps.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #829 on: April 14, 2018, 10:15:59 PM »
What a bunch of feckin pansies "football" players are today. If they have a prob go outside and sort it out. Wimps.

HaHa!!!

Snowflake Culture sadly isn't it Gloster?

.... can you say snowflake any more?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #830 on: April 15, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
HaHa!!!

Snowflake Culture sadly isn't it Gloster?

.... can you say snowflake any more?
The more I read the more I despaired of Prem football and the tossers paid obscene amounts to infest what was once a man's game. (Respect to the Women's teams they doing great. Show up those masquerading as "men"). FFFn joke in the scheme of things!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #831 on: April 15, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
The more I read the more I despaired of Prem football and the tossers paid obscene amounts to infest what was once a man's game. (Respect to the Women's teams they doing great. Show up those masquerading as "men"). FFFn joke in the scheme of things!

The women's football teams have more balls. How weird is that.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #832 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
At least I can watch motd for only the 4th time this season,well done to all concerned and of course,Jrod.

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #833 on: April 15, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Awesome bit with Ben and Jay at the end, quality camaraderie!
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #834 on: April 15, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
He was brilliant today and deserved his goal
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #835 on: April 15, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Feel he plays a major role for us winning the league next season

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #836 on: April 15, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »
If he was to stay then yet, I can see him leaving in the summer though

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #837 on: April 15, 2018, 06:28:13 PM »
Really hope that he stays.
Looks like Fozzy loves him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #838 on: April 15, 2018, 07:52:20 PM »

Yes, that was a nice touch from Fozzy, although JR looked a trifle embarrassed, especially with it being broadcast to the nation and beyond
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #839 on: April 15, 2018, 07:55:14 PM »

I must of missed that. What happened?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #840 on: April 15, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »
Jay played like a man who had the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders today, you can only imagine what he and his family have been through in the last few months.

I really do hope he stays as he would be a weapon and an asset in the Championship for us. Additionally, he comes across as a decent human being.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #841 on: April 15, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
I must of missed that. What happened?
Post match interview with the two of them. Jay was asked about the FA charge, answered it referencing the affect it had on his family and received a hug from Foster swiftly followed by another hug at the end of the interview.

Hopefully Rodriguez stays next season but if he does go we should at least get our money back given that he has (touch wood) stayed fit and now got 11 goals in all comps.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #842 on: April 15, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
I've believed in him all season to be honest, just felt we weren't getting the full player. I really really hope he stays I think there is more in the tank and could end up a true Albion hero.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #843 on: April 15, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »
I'm hoping J Rod stays. I wasn't sold earlier on in the season but fair play to him he has turned it around and is playing very well. Like someone has already suggested he looks like a player who has had a massive weight lifted off his shoulders today. Would be a real asset in the championship.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #844 on: April 15, 2018, 08:40:32 PM »
Got to try and keep either rondon or jrod. Rondon has the 16.5mill clause so jrod would be more likely. Should get 20 goals+ in the champ

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #845 on: April 15, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »
Buzzing for the lad.

Happy his names been cleared and chuffed he has gone and scored the winner today. Seems a honest hard working footballer, takes his tally to 12 if I’m right? I think he will have suitors in the summer just hope we can convince him to stay.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #846 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:01 PM »
Will be a vital player for us in the Championship. Could be a league top scorer. That’s if we keep him. I’d expect £20m minimum if we were to sell him.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #847 on: April 15, 2018, 11:03:56 PM »
Let's try and keep him,always rated him.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #848 on: April 15, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »
Showed good positioning and anticipation with his goal today. I really hope we hold onto him. We struggled so long to find strikers and I think he's living up to expectations of why we bought him. Has a good attitude as well.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #849 on: April 16, 2018, 07:23:23 AM »
Just like to echo what everyone has put above about J Rod. But the bit i enjoyed the most was, so many times he dropped back deep to make the numbers up in midfield, and several times taking the ball and sprinting away 20 yards to carry us up the pitch.