Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361106 times)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #675 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
Read the statement again.

I have it’s not strong enough
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #676 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
Ask yourself this: why did the ref not take action during the game?

No one heard it. No one saw it. One player claims something has been said. There's no evidence it happened.

I was racially abused/threatened SIX times in college, and each time there were between 2-10 witnesses who confirmed what happened, but did anything happen? No, because I'm white and each time, the principal said it was probably just banter. And here, a player's reputation and job is at stake due to hearsay...

Standard procedure.

We have no idea what evidence the FA has used in bringing this charge.

Don't get this viewpoint, the club needs to protect itself against an adverse outcome, I think the clubs stance is above and beyond at this stage.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #677 on: February 08, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »
still heard nothing about the incident from the Merseyside derby that happened weeks before.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #678 on: February 08, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
There has to be more that meets the eye with this - the FA would do well to reveal how they have come to this decision. To state that someone has bad breath or stinks is not racist

If following the releasr of the evidence, it is the case that a rasict remark has been used, then he should not play for us again.

I do not, however, believe at present that this is the case. My concern is that the FA are using this as a tool to demonstrate they are challenging racism when in reality they are doing bugger all.
That's very fair comment and I agree with the last sentence in particular.  In the climate, they have to be seen that they take these allegations very seriously and maybe fear the reaction if they dismissed the case at this 'early' stage....but as far as we know it's one man's word against another and unless there is some sort of supporting evidence then it's legally dodgy ground to charge Jay. Think it's a case of avoid the big decision until we have to make it one way or the other.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #679 on: February 08, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
J  Rod seems adamant and extremely confident that he has no real case to answer
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #680 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »
Unless there is some further evidence emerging looks like one players word against another?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #681 on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
Well it never rains, but it pours at the Baggies!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »

In the circumstances its a strong as it can get.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »
Standard procedure.

But he didn't hear anything, nor did the assistants, nor did any other player, so couldn't send Jay off. Jay hasn't been retrospectively red carded for foul/abusive language as there is no visual or audio evidence.  I don't understand where the FA have got their evidence from.

A retrospective ban is only for incidents that the ref missed yet there is evidence of, such as a stamp or an off-the-ball collision. Not for "he called me this..."

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #684 on: February 08, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »
When i watched the video i thought he clearly said "you f*cking stink" where as Bong thinks he heard "you're bl*ck and you stink". I think in the heat of the match it could be easy to confuse one phrase for another. But i think you can clearly see Jrod say the former.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #685 on: February 08, 2018, 09:54:18 PM »
I don't get this its one mans word against the other,hell get off,unless they've got a lipreader to look at it,but I don't think that our guy is guilty.
The other bloke is one of these very thin skinned people,didn't he get the runaround all afternoon,bit of a tit if you ask me.
Is there a video clip of the incident available anywhere?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #686 on: February 08, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »
Jay has put out a very strong rebuttal so there does seem to be some suggestion that an unfair and false accusation has been made. The FA will need to come up with some real evidence to prove otherwise.

Smacks to me of another example of PC by the authorities.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #687 on: February 08, 2018, 10:42:22 PM »
Unless there is some further evidence emerging looks like one players word against another?

This is it for me and the problem. At present it’s one players word against another, how do they figure this out? Are their any other witnesses? There don’t seem to be.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #688 on: February 08, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »
This is it for me and the problem. At present it’s one players word against another, how do they figure this out? Are their any other witnesses? There don’t seem to be.

This line of thinking though? The FA will have spoken to all the players in the vicinity, spoken to the officials, lip reading experts, got character references etc. They will have to present some clear evidence for the charge or it leaves them open to a massive damages case from Rodriguez.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #689 on: February 08, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. If Bong has no evidence then all there is is his word, and nothing else. Jay vehemently denies saying anything racial, and given the lack of any evidence to the contrary, the FA should give him the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, they would be guilty of causing serious harm to a man's career.

Also, the fact that the club has come out with a strong statement in support of Jay speaks volumes. Given the history of our club, with the recent tributes to Cyrille and the aknowledgement of the great contribution he made to race relations in football, I don't believe they would have come out in support if they had any doubts. 

It may be Bong misheard or misunderstood Jay, in which case Jay should not pay any penalty. I can imagine Jay is sick this has happened just when he's starting to hit his best form since arriving at the club.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #690 on: February 08, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »
A mess that shows the state of the country we live in, there should be no discrimination positive or negative, there should be no automatic will to be offended

This clown Bong went on to a French sports channel and said , "he (Jrod)said what he said because of my colour"

If you read that and digest it carefully he is suggesting that what was said....wasn't racist , but that Jrod said something and his assumption is ,it's because he is black

The ref did nothing,Bong (who Jrod was leading a merry dance) has not raised this with the police authorities,the clown talks openly on French TV about it , does that not prejudice any case ?
WHEN Rodriguez is cleared (but my money is on the FA fudging an inconclusive conclusion) I hope that Bong is not only banned,but charged legally with slander and many of his black team mates and opposition tell him about himself ...

Then maybe after dealing with this really urgent case...maybe the good old FA could go back in to time and look at the case between Liverpools firmino and the Everton defender (name escapes me) they seem to be quite astute up there with video evidence ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:28 AM »
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. If Bong has no evidence then all there is is his word, and nothing else. Jay vehemently denies saying anything racial, and given the lack of any evidence to the contrary, the FA should give him the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, they would be guilty of causing serious harm to a man's career.

Also, the fact that the club has come out with a strong statement in support of Jay speaks volumes. Given the history of our club, with the recent tributes to Cyrille and the aknowledgement of the great contribution he made to race relations in football, I don't believe they would have come out in support if they had any doubts. 

It may be Bong misheard or misunderstood Jay, in which case Jay should not pay any penalty. I can imagine Jay is sick this has happened just when he's starting to hit his best form since arriving at the club.

Sorry chap, no disrespect but having been through the 'Justice System' I haven't even read through the rest of your post beyond the highlighted text. Take it from me, and based purely on my own personal experience, when it's your word against the police you very much have to prove your innocence before they prove guilt.

Ed: While I realise this has no direct relevance to Jay, it's worth bearing in mind for those who think all will be well so long as they think it will regarding law enforcement in this country. #anotherstoryforanothertime.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:39:29 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #692 on: February 09, 2018, 07:26:54 AM »
Don't see where the problem is.
If JRod did say ' your black and you stink' the only debatable content of that sentence is does Bong actually stink?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #693 on: February 09, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »
Don't see where the problem is.
If JRod did say ' your black and you stink' the only debatable content of that sentence is does Bong actually stink?

Well his nickname is ‘Pong Bong’

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #694 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
Well his nickname is ‘Pong Bong’

There you go I rest my case M'lud
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #695 on: February 09, 2018, 09:30:24 AM »
Agree with a lot of what has been said. If he's proven to have made a racist remark then I hope the FA release the full transcript for all to see and I hope we never see him wearing our shirt again. After the Anelka saga I would imagine he would have his contract terminated.

On the other hand I hope Bong is very aware of the potential detrimental impact this claim could have in future cases where players are racially abused. If this is thrown out by the FA, by default the starting point of the general public would view the accuser as a liar - which is absolutely no use to anyone in football or society as a whole.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #696 on: February 09, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
Well if Bongs case is thrown out,he is a liar.
How does anyone know if  it was Bong who insulted Jrod in the first place?
Surprising that it never seems to be the white fella complaining about a coloured fellas abuse,strange that eh?
because when I played and its happened in ordinary life to me but I ignored it,why can't he,pathetic I think,move on mate get over yourself.
I can't see any case to answer for jrod in fact he could bring a case against Bong couldn't he for deformation.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #697 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:44 PM »
Well if Bongs case is thrown out,he is a liar.
How does anyone know if  it was Bong who insulted Jrod in the first place?
Surprising that it never seems to be the white fella complaining about a coloured fellas abuse,strange that eh?
because when I played and its happened in ordinary life to me but I ignored it,why can't he,pathetic I think,move on mate get over yourself.
I can't see any case to answer for jrod in fact he could bring a case against Bong couldn't he for deformation.

I reckon Jay Rod is still fully formed despite the ordeal  ;D

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #698 on: February 09, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
The FA need to make it public what Bong is alleging Rodriguez has said.

If Bong is alleging he said 'you're black and you stink' or something along those lines then the FA have to open a case against Rodriguez. It's then down to them to find enough evidence from video's, the players, the refs and lip readers to try and draw some sort of definitive conclusion. I would assume they don't have any clear and definitive evidence from video/audio recordings or anyone else other than the players or this would have already moved past this stage which means any potential decisions is just coming down to who they believe in a he said she said situation and leaves the FA open to being sued by either Rodriguez or Bong potentially.

If Bong is alleging that Rodriquez said 'you f'cking stink' or something similar with no mention or colour or race but is implying that that constitutes a racist remark then the FA potentially don't need to take action against Bong for the complaint but certainly need to give him a warning and educate him further. However with the TV interview he gave a ban wouldn't be out of the question and he can certainly expect legal action against him from Rodriguez.

Unless the FA have some evidence (which I don't think they do) this will come down to a 50/50 call made on nothing but guesswork. In that case I think it the current climate it's far more likely Rodriguez will be charged and given a 4-8 game ban than let off, simply because it gives a stronger message. If they let Rodriguez off they will undoubtedly face a wave of criticism fro Kick It Out and other bodies for not taking tough stance on racism. if they charge Rodriguez who is really going to complain other than Rodriguez himself and potentially the club (who risk alienating themselves fro a section of fans and the general public media if they stick up for a player the FA have convicted of racism).

I don't know exactly how the system works but I think it's poor that the FA have publicly charged Rogriguez for making a racist comment, have allowed Bong to go on TV and publicly accuse Rodriguez of the same thing, but yet have not revealed any details at all about what was alleged to be said.

Have to say I don't see this ending well for Rodriguez, and I just hope either way theres a definitive proof as to what was said.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #699 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:09 PM »
Sad to say, but I don't think it matters anymore whether he is innocent or not. The fact he has been charged means the FA will ban him and seek to make an example of him, so that they can hold him up and say "Look, we are doing something about the problem".

It's one persons word against another, but that will be the outcome.