Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361083 times)

Albionsteve

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2018, 12:29:37 PM »
On the day of Cyrille's passing, it's a very sad indictment of modern football, that a racism accusation to try and get someone sent off would be unpunished if no evidence is found.  Compare that to what the 3 degrees went through!

If Jay Rodriguez is found guilty of actually saying what he accused of saying, he should be banned and his contract terminated. However, all of the available footage shows nothing of that, only the "breath stinks" and gesture, in which case the Brighton player should be sanctioned accordingly.  Trying to get someone sent off by this method, is no different to diving for a penalty.

Bong also runs the risk, as mentioned by others, of stopping those who are being abused from coming forward.
There's no I in Team, but there is a ME if you look hard enough!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »
On the day of Cyrille's passing, it's a very sad indictment of modern football, that a racism accusation to try and get someone sent off would be unpunished if no evidence is found.  Compare that to what the 3 degrees went through!

If Jay Rodriguez is found guilty of actually saying what he accused of saying, he should be banned and his contract terminated. However, all of the available footage shows nothing of that, only the "breath stinks" and gesture, in which case the Brighton player should be sanctioned accordingly.  Trying to get someone sent off by this method, is no different to diving for a penalty.

Bong also runs the risk, as mentioned by others, of stopping those who are being abused from coming forward.

I completely agree with you Steve. This just seems really fishy to me, Bong's body language after the incident just didn't look right to me. I think J-Rod really got to him with the stink breath gesture and this was an ill conceived retaliation.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #602 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

I couldn't agree more. I personally hope it was just something completely lost in translation and that Bong was simply mistaken. The way he has gone on about it on twitter and now on a tv interview he could potentially be leaving himself open to legal action from Rodriguez for defamation of character.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #603 on: January 15, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »

Sorry to disagree, "Trying to get someone sent off by this method, is no different to diving for a penalty.

Its very different, If Jay is found guilty of diving its forgotten in 2 weeks, find him guilty of being a racist and he is tarred for life, you are above suggesting terminating his contract (if found guilty) for example.
"
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albionsteve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #604 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:24 PM »
Sorry to disagree, "Trying to get someone sent off by this method, is no different to diving for a penalty.

Its very different, If Jay is found guilty of diving its forgotten in 2 weeks, find him guilty of being a racist and he is tarred for life, you are above suggesting terminating his contract (if found guilty) for example.
"

You misunderstand me. I mean from Bong's point of view.  I believe Bong has cheated in an attempt to get a player sent off. I mean that is a similar offence to if Bong had dived and got  penalty which was later shown to be a dive and he would then receive a ban for deceiving the referee.

I utterly agree that the consequences for Jay Rodriguez could be vastly more than for diving and in truth, if anyone is guilty of the type of racism he is accused of, they should be massively penalised. But only WHEN they are PROVEN guilty.

My mistake if I didn't make that clear in my original post.
There's no I in Team, but there is a ME if you look hard enough!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »
Bong at fault for their second goal and involved in an altercation with Jay Rod through on goal and nobody is looking at his performance on the basis of his statement.
Something stinks and it may not just be Bong's breathe.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-03-11/rodriguez-attends-show-racism-the-red-card-event
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #606 on: January 15, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »
I want to see the FA chuck the book at Bong if Jay is cleared . No way can i see any modern day footballer saying black this or black that because the stink it will kick up .

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #607 on: January 15, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »
If he has said "your black and you stink" id hope he never turns out in the blue and white stripes again.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: January 15, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »
If he has said "your black and you stink" id hope he never turns out in the blue and white stripes again.
No evidence to suggest he did at all. And you are bang out of order mentioning this on the Cyrille Regis thread as well.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #609 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »

He didn’t ffs.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #610 on: January 15, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
No evidence to suggest he did at all. And you are bang out of order mentioning this on the Cyrille Regis thread as well.

amd whys that?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2018, 08:56:28 PM »
Looks to me like pretty clear footage on the telly of Rodriguez not really saying anything much just making the bad breath gesture when Bong gets in his face.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #612 on: January 15, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »

What makes you think in the slightest he said such thing?

You obviously didn't see the incident or you would have seen him do an hand gesture, nothing more, nothing less, no words, no swearing.

It's just a false accusation made by a complete bell*nd, with made up theories and stories of the situation by even bigger bell*nds.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: January 15, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »
If there is nothing caught on camera why is this even being investigated, one blokes word against anothers.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #614 on: January 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
Bong is now saying he made a reference to his skin colour, http://www.the42.ie/gaetan-bong-3799130-Jan2018/

Clearly he hasnt got a straight story and any copper worth their salt would see that.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #615 on: January 15, 2018, 09:14:42 PM »
amd whys that?
Because my Friend and our great striker as passed and there was no need for your comment about the club and rasism keep it to this thread if you must.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #616 on: January 15, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »
Because my Friend and our great striker as passed and there was no need for your comment about the club and rasism keep it to this thread if you must.

Totally agree I asked for a post to be removed earlier. Heard your call to WM, heartfelt and raw emotion. Did him justice.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:12 AM »

Totally agree I asked for a post to be removed earlier. Heard your call to WM, heartfelt and raw emotion. Did him justice.
Thanks Jacko appreciated

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #618 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »
I'd love to hear it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:53 AM »
very early this morning sky were showing the incident, Rodriguez does look like he says something before your breath stinks. what he says i guess only the 2 players know for sure.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
Anyone know the latest on this one? Appears to have all gone quiet in the last few days..

Scruffy Stan

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Talking to FA officials on Monday about it, according to the Telegraph.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2018, 01:48:40 PM »
Anyone know the latest on this one? Appears to have all gone quiet in the last few days..
heard nothing about the incident from the Merseyside derby, that happened well before the Rodriguez one.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »
Huge credit today to Jay for staying with McCarthy for the first few minutes after the injury and comforting him by holding his hand. Its easy to walk away from it as most players did, but he stayed.

Huge respect Jay. A credit to our club.

Very proud.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
Huge credit today to Jay for staying with McCarthy for the first few minutes after the injury and comforting him by holding his hand. Its easy to walk away from it as most players did, but he stayed.

Huge respect Jay. A credit to our club.

Very proud.

He also had his best game today since August. Well played Jay.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.