Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070012 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7150 on: April 03, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
Got to hand it to them they are making strides, playing good football too

But for them when Fosun decide theyve had enough it will be a big fall from grace, that or losing NES to a bigger club
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7151 on: April 03, 2019, 12:51:37 PM »
Am I right in thinking that at one stage Fosun did look at buying us, but we were considered too expensive?  I can only think of what might have been had that transaction occurred.  Over the years Wolves tended to have had higher lows than we have (and ours have been bad enough), but they also seem to have had higher highs.  Wish them well for the FA cup.

Fosun did look at us, Wolves, Blues, and a number of other clubs around the country.

They decided on Wolves because they had the greatest potential for the investment. They bought them for what, £30 million, spent about £100 million on the team, and they've built up something better than we managed in our years in the Premier league.

To buy us they would have needed £200 million down, before investing in the team. The return simply wasn't there.

If you think they'll be doing a Burnley, or having second season syndrome, or any of it, I'd suggest you're looking more in hope than expectation. They've built something better than that.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7152 on: April 03, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »
did you think so? From the parts I saw of the game (granted I missed about 10 mins either side of half time) they looked like they did more than enough to grab at least a point. They also hit the bar and the united defenders must have tried to put it past De Gea 2/3 times.

For what its worth, I hate the Wolves, but have a sneaky feeling they might beat Watford the weekend. I hope they lose as I cannot stand to hear them harping on about a cup final for the next few weeks.

I have to think twice before commenting on them due to the natural dislike that I have. However, yes I stand by my post. I watched the whole game and Utd could and should have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. The game would then have been very different. When I watched the equaliser I could not help but be reminded of ourselves under DM; i.e. De Gea passing the ball short to a guy who was clearly not expecting to receive it!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7153 on: April 03, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »
Was in David LLoyds gym in Brierley Hill today , and in the changing room there was a dingle fan in his buttercup yellow shirt who couldn't find his locker. Problem is if you buy a combination lock from Lloyds they all look identical and so most people make a mark on them so that they can be easily identified. He did not seem to have a clue which part of the changing room he had left his gear in. I spent a good half hour getting showered , dressed and chatting to my mate and left the Dingle still going from locker to locker and trying his combination. Made my day.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7154 on: April 03, 2019, 11:40:39 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47809061
£30 million.
A different upper management to our lot.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7155 on: April 04, 2019, 06:38:10 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47809061
£30 million.
A different upper management to our lot.

Different everything full stop. From tea lady to chairman.
They have all bought into the vision.
We don't even have a maanger never mind a friggin vision.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7156 on: April 04, 2019, 08:19:10 AM »
Different everything full stop. From tea lady to chairman.
They have all bought into the vision.
We don't even have a maanger never mind a friggin vision.

We have the under 7’s coach in charge, for me as a kid growing up in the 90’s were literally back at that stage again. Wolves were always the rival that spent loads to try and get to the premier league and we were just scrapping around the bottom of the table spending nothing. Always seemed to find s result against them though. In fact I’d say the gap is a lot more then it was in the 90’s

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7157 on: April 04, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
We have the under 7’s coach in charge, for me as a kid growing up in the 90’s were literally back at that stage again. Wolves were always the rival that spent loads to try and get to the premier league and we were just scrapping around the bottom of the table spending nothing. Always seemed to find s result against them though. In fact I’d say the gap is a lot more then it was in the 90’s

The gap is 17 places, nowhere near how big it was in our favour only 3 years ago. They've slightly exceeded expectations, but let's see where they end up next season, with possibly Thursday/Sunday to contend with and fighting to hang onto their manager and their Agent's more valuable commodities.

They also need a plan B as they will be found out if they continue to soak up pressure and hit on the break against the better sides. They can't break the lesser teams down with any regularity.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7158 on: April 04, 2019, 02:50:01 PM »

The gap is 17 places, nowhere near how big it was in our favour only 3 years ago. They've slightly exceeded expectations, but let's see where they end up next season, with possibly Thursday/Sunday to contend with and fighting to hang onto their manager and their Agent's more valuable commodities.

They also need a plan B as they will be found out if they continue to soak up pressure and hit on the break against the better sides. They can't break the lesser teams down with any regularity.

Console yourself with those thoughts Jacko, meanwhile they are showing us how to resurrect a club and play football.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7159 on: April 04, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
Console yourself with those thoughts Jacko, meanwhile they are showing us how to resurrect a club and play football.

Jacko makes a good point though. They struggle with teams that they can't invite on i.e. Burnley last weekend, Huddersfield doing the double over them. They will meet a completely different set of challenges next season when teams treat them as a bigger fish than they have done this season.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7160 on: April 04, 2019, 05:08:09 PM »

Your kidding yourself if you think the gap is anything like it was between us and them 3 years ago mate. Their in the semi final of the cup and on the edge of qualifying for Europe. If they achieve those 2 objects then their a million miles in front of us

What did we actually do in the premier league apart from survive?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7161 on: April 04, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
Your kidding yourself if you think the gap is anything like it was between us and them 3 years ago mate. Their in the semi final of the cup and on the edge of qualifying for Europe. If they achieve those 2 objects then their a million miles in front of us

What did we actually do in the premier league apart from survive?

Delivered the occasional snotty nose to the top 6, that apart ????
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7162 on: April 04, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »
Delivered the occasional snotty nose to the top 6, that apart ????

I did put “if” they achieve those two objectives cup and Europe then their a million miles in front of us

Jimbo the Mexican

• Newcomer

« Reply #7163 on: April 05, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
Was in David LLoyds gym in Brierley Hill today , and in the changing room there was a dingle fan in his buttercup yellow shirt who couldn't find his locker. Problem is if you buy a combination lock from Lloyds they all look identical and so most people make a mark on them so that they can be easily identified. He did not seem to have a clue which part of the changing room he had left his gear in. I spent a good half hour getting showered , dressed and chatting to my mate and left the Dingle still going from locker to locker and trying his combination. Made my day.

This is hilarious.. Almost as hilarious that the fact the only pleasure you get between this great football rivalry between Wolves and the albion during current times is being in a mens shower room spying on someone.

Each to their own my pal

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7164 on: April 05, 2019, 07:08:07 PM »
This is hilarious.. Almost as hilarious that the fact the only pleasure you get between this great football rivalry between Wolves and the albion during current times is being in a mens shower room spying on someone.

Each to their own my pal

What great rivalry? Most Albion fans see Villa as the proper rivals and really don't give a fig about Wolves. There's 100% Wolves fans and about 30% Albion fans give a toss about this so called rivalry. It's predominantly one sided.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7165 on: April 05, 2019, 07:12:37 PM »

What great rivalry? Most Albion fans see Villa as the proper rivals and really don't give a fig about Wolves. There's 100% Wolves fans and about 30% Albion fans give a toss about this so called rivalry. It's predominantly one sided.

Christ that's rich. F**k sake of all the responses you could have made to this lad.  ???

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7166 on: April 05, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »

Each to their own my pal
Can't find much else to laugh about your meteoric rise  and our nosedive mate. But we will be back to frustrate you, and in the meantime, you have a good weekend, and who knows I may be laughing again.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7167 on: April 05, 2019, 07:24:51 PM »

Christ that's rich. F**k sake of all the responses you could have made to this lad.  ???

What do you want me to say?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7168 on: April 05, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »

Can't believe you wrote that. Yow a a black country mon am yeah
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:28:48 PM by iwastherein68 »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7169 on: April 05, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »
Can't believe you wrote that. Yow a a black country mon am yeah ?

Yes I am. Wolves created the "rivalry" in the late 80's. I don't dance to their tune and neither do most Albion fans. I honesty, seriously, don't care one jot what they do. That pooh from Witton though ................. they have been our rivals for over 100 years. Any goal they score against us is like ripping out my heart.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7170 on: April 05, 2019, 07:32:58 PM »

What do you want me to say?

Anything else. Because the entire premise of your post applies about 3 fold for us. Villa don't care about us. If I had to put a number on how many do it would be far less than your imaginary 30%.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7171 on: April 05, 2019, 07:34:06 PM »
In the end who gives a flying f**k what the Wanderers do.

A old song from years ago

" We don't care what the Wanderers say
  What the hell do we care
  Cause we only know that there's going to be a show
  And West Bromwich Albion will be there."

And oh BTW  SOTV as well.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7172 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
Well I have been going since the fifties and I can only disagree with your comment that there was no rivalry until the 80's .
You obviously haven't heard account of how they robbed us of the double in 1953/4 then ?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7173 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »

Anything else. Because the entire premise of you post applies about 3 fold for us. Villa don't care about us. If I had to put a number on how many do it would be far less than your imaginary 30%.

I don't care what Villa think, not my problem. Traditionally Albion hate Villa, they can think whatever they like.

You can have your opinion, I'll have mine and mine is that more Albion fans despise Witton than Wolves. Tiny sample admittedly but the last poll we had on here confirmed as much and I guarantee you if you create the same pol on wbaunofficial you'll get an even clearer indication.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7174 on: April 05, 2019, 08:40:31 PM »

I don't care what Villa think, not my problem. Traditionally Albion hate Villa, they can think whatever they like.

You can have your opinion, I'll have mine and mine is that more Albion fans despise Witton than Wolves. Tiny sample admittedly but the last poll we had on here confirmed as much and I guarantee you if you create the same pol on wbaunofficial you'll get an even clearer indication.
I think there's a parallel between the midlands rivalries and international rivalries. Albion hate Villa who hate Blues who also hate Villa, England hate Germany who hate the Dutch who also hate Germany. Wolves are the equivalent of Djibouti in this relationship.