Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2079353 times)

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1125 on: October 16, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »
Looks like we'll just have to do you over at the Molineux again instead.
Ah well, time to move on.  :)

Again... I must say I don't recall too many Wolves victories over us at Molineux. I'm used to celebrating in your back yard maybe that 3-1 last season has affected your memory  :)

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1126 on: October 16, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
I respected Mick until his comments about Scharner and the tshirt today.

If a Tshirt with our club emblem on offended his players that much I suggest he tells his own players to grow up

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1127 on: October 16, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »

If a Tshirt with our club emblem on offended his players that much I suggest he tells his own players to grow up

Could you comment on further on what Mick McCarthy said? I didn't think there was any need for Scharner to show it off during the game but as it happens I don't really give a monkeys. It wound them up and that proves good enough for me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: October 16, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy criticised the behaviour of West Brom midfielder Paul Scharner after the Baggies secured a 2-0 victory at the Hawthorns.

McCarthy claimed his players were upset because they felt Scharner had lifted his match shirt and displayed the contents of a T-shirt towards some of them during the latter stages of the Barclays Premier League match.

But Scharner defended his actions, insisting the T-shirt only contained a club logo and the words `West Bromwich Albion', and was aimed at the Baggies supporters.

McCarthy said: "Scharner had something on his T-shirt and showed it to the lads over the other side (of the pitch). There is no need for it and maybe that upset the lads. You can lose but you don't need your nose rubbing in it."

But Scharner, adamant his actions were not meant to anger the Wolves players, said: "My kids gave me the T-shirt. They stuck a club logo on it and I was just showing it to the fans. That's all."

Wolves have now lost five games in a row as goals from skipper Chris Brunt and Peter Odemwingie secured Albion's first home win of the campaign.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16102011/63/mccarthy-angry-scharner-incident.html

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1129 on: October 16, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »

blimey! they must be a weak minded lot if they get upset over a t-shirt :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1130 on: October 16, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
After reading that I think it's quite petty in honesty. It was clearly directed at the fans in the East Stand and there was no need for the Wolves lot to take offence. Especially Stephen Hunt who decided to trip Scharner whilst we were playing some 'ole' football and then barge through his back just a few minutes later.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1131 on: October 16, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
Hunt is clearly a victim of small man syndrome. Went up to Scharner at the end to confront him, he just laughed it off. Tried to confront Olsson as well, not the smartest is he?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1132 on: October 16, 2011, 07:34:15 PM »
What a load of rubbish, he needs to get a grip if that offended him.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1133 on: October 16, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »
Didnt think they played too bad today,certainly moved the ball well around midfield.Will say im not convinced about Roger Johnson though,thats a lot of money.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1134 on: October 16, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
Words of a desperate man from McCarthy.

Hunt has always been a bellend even before he moved his caravan up here.

(Oh dear have I just made a racist comment)  :o

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1135 on: October 16, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »
They did play quite well, none of there corners came to much, they had three great chances.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

merlin_mick

« Reply #1136 on: October 16, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »
Strangely, I'm actually enjoying reading all of your comments... their pretty funny.
You deserved the win... now to focus on next weekend.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1137 on: October 16, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »
The laughable thing is that with four mins to play they were more bothered about a tee shirt than putting us under pressure - they have one hell of a complex.
I only go for the beer.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1138 on: October 16, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »
Didnt think they played too bad today,certainly moved the ball well around midfield.Will say im not convinced about Roger Johnson though,thats a lot of money.
Going by what I've seen on the Wolves forums they really seem to hate him, calling him useless and saying that he's been awful most of the season :o. I think it's clear where the real talent lay in the Dann/Johnson partnership.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1139 on: October 16, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
Kevin Doyle 15 million to Arsenal in the summer wasn't it? hahahaha if he's worth 15 Long is worth 50!

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1140 on: October 16, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
Also noticed today if you compare the benches of the two teams our strength in depth is really impressive compared to the dingles.

We had Odemwingie, Cox, Morrison, Dorrans just to name a few who could easily change a game. They had Ebanks-Blake, Sam Vokes and that little diver Hunt. Not that impressive really.

NoPlanNoSleeves

« Reply #1141 on: October 16, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »
Heard a Wolves fan on the radio today already calling for McCarthy to be sacked.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:45:53 PM by Baggies »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1142 on: October 16, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
that must have really worried them seeing the calibre of a player like pete on the bench!  we have exellent options allround in my opinion! :D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1143 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
There game at Swansea is massive next week.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1144 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
I honestly thought Wolves would be better than that, and although we played well - we where shown to be better than we are at times, due to their very flat game.

For the last 2 seasons they've just about survived - but this season and last combined, a lot of money has been thrown at the club - and today it looked like a big waste. We had two Championship freebies in defence who outshone Johnson all game. I do think they're in trouble now - I guess that's what you get for too many eggs in one basket (in the form of over-relying on a few players instead of a team)

merlin_mick

« Reply #1145 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:22 AM »
Also noticed today if you compare the benches of the two teams our strength in depth is really impressive compared to the dingles.

We had Odemwingie, Cox, Morrison, Dorrans just to name a few who could easily change a game. They had Ebanks-Blake, Sam Vokes and that little diver Hunt. Not that impressive really.

You say your bench can change a game and ours can't? Ebanks Blake looked sharp when he came on and he's just come back from injury, he can change a game... Vokes is young and only on the bench because Fletch is out injured right now, Hunt... have you seen Hunt on his day? I guess not... a diver? How so?. Thank you.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1146 on: October 17, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
You say your bench can change a game and ours can't? Ebanks Blake looked sharp when he came on and he's just come back from injury, he can change a game... Vokes is young and only on the bench because Fletch is out injured right now, Hunt... have you seen Hunt on his day? I guess not... a diver? How so?. Thank you.

He looks like he should be working the doors with big George.
I would imagine Ebonks throws a meam handbag!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1147 on: October 17, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
How right I was.

No Fletcher. No Goals.

Absolutely sexual intercourse gutting that is.

First of all I would like to say, I actually think generally speaking we have some better players, and have brought in better players in the past 2 or 3 years but Albion have more players more likely to prove match winners, and produce a bit of spark/magic - and I think that probably epitomised the game today and in some respects the last few years. The only players we have in that mould is Milijas and Fletcher, and the latter was out, and the former was took off at the 50 minute mark and it was no surprise our game ended then.

Credit to Albion though, not going to come on here sulking and spitting my dummy out, a deserved 3 points and it was a result of doing what we probably wouldn’t have done should we have been there till midnight. Possibly for some that contradicts what I just said but there you go.

There was a lack of pattern to our game once again and the longer the game went on the more predictable and ineffective we were. Jarvis and Hammill was very disappointing, as was Doyle and as was Johnson. I don’t buy the whole "his game isn’t goals" argument regarding Doyle, that chance was bread and butter for any footballer and despite the great block we should have been on level terms.

Johnson should have scored too and I’m not happy with his performance/form at all. The no nonsense snotter I saw and admired at Blues wasn’t there at all and his whole "go on lad, have a go" attitude towards Tchoyi drunk me right off. Long and Odemwingie terrorised him today and badly exposed his weakness. I think looking at the game today, if you would have said who is the £5/6/7m centre half on £40k you would have been to drawn to Gareth McAuley, he was fantastic today, my MOTM.

I have always been a Mick fan, but he is doing himself absolutely no favours and the webmongs are out in force and you can see why. Such is the strange game though that had the scoreline been reverse, the reaction from fans may well have been too. Despite the perspective, the time has come for the board to seriously look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves about tomorrow, and if that isn’t being raised then our ambitions are worrying.

Badly need to get this out of our system though and crack on for Saturday which will be a huge game.

Can’t dwell on today, after all, I have always considered the Villa our rivals anyway  ;)

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

I only go for the beer.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1149 on: October 17, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
I think they got carried away a little with their blistering start with wins against the mighty Blackburn and Fulham
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties