Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070170 times)

merlin_mick

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #750 on: August 10, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »
I quite rate O'Hara but he went missing for the main part of the season when the dingles needed big performances, scored a goal against us and did nothing much more as far as I'm concerned.

O'Hara wasn't full fitness last season as he was still recovering slightly for the injury that kept him out for the best part of a year. I've heard a lot of people say he 'didn't do much more' but IMO he really showed his quality in the last few games, especially Blackburn, his goal was vital. I think the fact O'Hara has now got a whole pre-season under his belt as a Wolves player will help his ability and performances this season.

I haven't seen the Hoff from the friendly but heard a lot of positive things, he's huge and provides an ariel advantage... may have to watch out for him as he could sneak in and cause some damage... maybe.

Quick light-hearted joke!

"Reports are surfacing of the WBA trophy cabinet being looted as it was empty, however the club can finally confirm these to be untrue, it wasn't touched"

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #751 on: August 10, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
Don't forget we've also brought back the Hoff from Duisberg to further bolster our attacking options, and let me tell you, his loan spell has given the big man a new lease of life. He looked awesome against Real Zaragoza in our comfortable 2-0 victory. You better pray he doesn't come on at your place because I can see him tearing your defense apart.

Oh **** someone warn roy  ::)

I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #752 on: August 10, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
O'Hara wasn't full fitness last season as he was still recovering slightly for the injury that kept him out for the best part of a year. I've heard a lot of people say he 'didn't do much more' but IMO he really showed his quality in the last few games, especially Blackburn, his goal was vital. I think the fact O'Hara has now got a whole pre-season under his belt as a Wolves player will help his ability and performances this season.

I haven't seen the Hoff from the friendly but heard a lot of positive things, he's huge and provides an ariel advantage... may have to watch out for him as he could sneak in and cause some damage... maybe.

Quick light-hearted joke!

"Reports are surfacing of the WBA trophy cabinet being looted as it was empty, however the club can finally confirm these to be untrue, it wasn't touched"
I hope the Wolves' trophy cabinet was left alone. Would be a shame for all those Midland Masters trophies to go missing.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #753 on: August 10, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
I hope the Wolves' trophy cabinet was left alone. Would be a shame for all those Midland Masters trophies to go missing.

;D ;D
Smethwick..

westparkwolf

« Reply #754 on: August 10, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Our new stadium is coming on a treat by the way, if anyone's interested.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #755 on: August 10, 2011, 10:20:47 PM »

Just means we get to beat you infront of more people in the future - can't wait.

Booooooo!!! Mick Out!!!! You'll really be able to hear it.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #756 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »

A white elephant in the making if ever there was one.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #757 on: August 10, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »

Nope, no-one is interested. Now if you put that on a Wolves message board then i'm sure you would get a lot more interested people. (hint hint)
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #758 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »

I went to the shop today by the way, if anyones interested  ::)  ::)
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #759 on: August 10, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »

Yeah im looking forward to seeing all those orange seats without dingles in.

westparkwolf

« Reply #760 on: August 10, 2011, 10:35:52 PM »
Just means we get to beat you infront of more people in the future - can't wait.

Booooooo!!! Mick Out!!!! You'll really be able to hear it.

Beat us?  :D

Your players choked in front of 29,000 at Molineux last season. Those bunch of bottlers will pooh their pants in front of 38,000.

A white elephant in the making if ever there was one.
Nope, no-one is interested. Now if you put that on a Wolves message board then i'm sure you would get a lot more interested people.
I went to the shop today by the way, if anyones interested  ::)  ::)
Yeah im looking forward to seeing all those orange seats without people in.

Well, that's disappointing. Once phase 4 is complete the Black Country will have the biggest, most modern football stadium in the entire region. Molineux will be the Midland's Wembley! Imagine that.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #761 on: August 10, 2011, 10:36:59 PM »

Your players choked in front of 29,000 at Molineux last season. Those bunch of bottlers will poo their pants in front of 38,000.

Well, that's disappointing. Once phase 4 is complete the Black Country will have the biggest, most modern football stadium in the entire region. Molineux will be the Midland's Wembley! Imagine that.

Rolling around in laughter here, I doubt phase four will be happening in the championship pal.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #762 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:32 PM »
Well, that's disappointing. Once phase 4 is complete Staffordshire will have the biggest, most modern football stadium in the entire region. Molineux will be the Staffordshire's Wembley! Imagine that.

Better.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #763 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
And Stefan Maierhofer, are you having a laugh you deluded dingle.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #764 on: August 10, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »
We supposedly choked with nothing to play for..  You seem to have forgot the 10 point head start we gave you ?

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #765 on: August 10, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »

Your players choked in front of 29,000 at Molineux last season. Those bunch of bottlers will poo their pants in front of 38,000.
Or 76000 at Old Trafford or 60000 at the Emirates...................

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #766 on: August 10, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
Boasting about a 1-1 draw, a win against an off-colour side who were already confirmed as safe, and a heroic 3-2 loss against Blackburn is pathetic even by Wolves' standards.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #767 on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »
Great.... i so enjoyed that cup tie. Could we have 6000 tickets next time?

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #768 on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:42 PM »

So is our squad, you know the squad that finished 11th last year!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #769 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
Wolves be afraid of Joe Mattock , he is going to be our Gareth Bale after his loan spell at Sheffield United  ::)
BOING BOING

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #770 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Please play nicely, children. Bad language will not be tolerated.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

kevinr61

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #771 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
As a Wolves fan who's posted on here a few times in the past can I try and be objective and summarise a few things I believe.

Both of us had poor defences last year and from a Wolves point of view Johnson is a great signing and can hopefully stabilise younger players like Berra and Stearman. I still think we are a good defender short of being solid. As for Albion Foster is a great improvement on Carson but I'm not sure McCauley or Jones will improve on what you had before. So I think we are both better at the back than last year but I suspect you too would like one more good defender. Dawson may be it but its a big ask to jump 2 divisions and perform week in week out. Hopefully he does as its good to see young English lads coming through.

As for midfield you have an abundance of good players and most teams below the top 6 would take Brunt, Dorrans and Mulumbu in a heartbeat. Thomas is decent from what I've seen and you have decent if unspectacular back-up like Morrison. O'hara aside I think we are weak in the centre if we have to rely on Henry every week and I'm still hopeful someone will come in before the end of August. Out wide Jarvis and Hunt are good hard working players, Hamill is potentially a very good young player and Kightly is still unknown at this level because of injury. If he can get back what he had then he will be some player but its a big if.

As for strikers we have two excellent players in Fletcher and Doyle, SEB is decent as a third choice and Ward an intelligent player who's had to adapt this game to play anyhwere Mick wants. Its the area of the pitch I least worry about for us. No-one can deny Odemwingie had a fantastic season, the question is can he do it again when he's more widely known. However he has pace and great ability and at any level that's a big asset. Long is a gamble in a way as any striker coming out of the championship is an unknown quantity. SEB scored 50 goals in 2 seasons but still struggled but then players like DJ Campbell did much better than expected so again who knows? I don't know much about the back-up behind those two but from the times I've seen them Cox looks decent but I don't rate Fortune or Bednar. So if by any chance Odemwingie struggles and Long doesn't adapt you will be relying on goals from the midfield though you've got good goalscorers there, including Thcoyi (spelling?).

For what its worth I think we will both be safe as we've improved and teams coming up seem weaker. I don't place too much emphasis on last years placing as Birmingham finished 9th the year before and couldn't kick on. Having stayed up 2 years ago a few injuries and the "dirty Wolves" tag derailed us and it took a long time to recover and we were always playing catch-up so although a cliche "second season syndome" is something to watch out for. In Hodgson I suspect you have the perfect manager to deal with that.

All in all I think we will both be ok. We are both proper clubs who live within our means and buck the trend of clubs who splash cash and want instant success and for that reason I have a respect for the Baggies as a club.

Sorry for the length of this post....good luck.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:23:14 PM by kevinr61 »

westparkwolf

« Reply #772 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »
We supposedly choked with nothing to play for..You seem to have forgot the 10 point head start we gave you ?
Boasting about a 1-1 draw, a win against an off-colour side who were already confirmed as safe, and a heroic 3-2 loss against Blackburn is pathetic even by Wolves' standards.

I would have thought pride and professionalism would be more than enough for a player involved in a competitive Premier League match, nevermind the local derby voted most fierce in the country. Anyone giving less than 100% because "they are safe" wouldn't be allowed to wear the Old Gold.

Or 76000 at Old Trafford or 60000 at the Emirates...................

Two stadiums famous for their intimidating atmospheres.....

Great.... i so enjoyed that cup tie. Could we have 6000 tickets next time?

I'm sure the finished Molineux will be able to accomodate 6000 away fans. Just one of the many advantages stadia with world class capacity and facilities brings.

So is our squad, you know the squad that finished 11th last year!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully you'll be able to put up more of a fight when we play each other this coming season.  ;)

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #773 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:39 PM »
As a Wolves fan who's posted on here a few times in the past can I try and be objective and summarise a few things I believe.

Both of us had poor defences last year and from a Wolves point of view Johnson is a great signing and can hopefully stabilise younger players like Berra and Stearman. I still think we are a good defender short of being solid. As for Albion Foster is a great improvement on Carson but I'm not sure McCauley or Jones will improve on what you had before. So I think we are both better at the back than last year but I suspect you too would like one more good defender. Dawson may be it but its a big ask to jump 2 divisions and perform week in week out. Hopefully he does as its good to see young English lads coming through.

As for midfield you have an abundance of good players and most teams below the top 6 would take Brunt, Dorrans and Mulumbu in a heartbeat. Thomas is decent from what I've seen and you have decent if unspectacular back-up like Morrison. O'hara aside I think we are weak in the centre if we have to rely on Henry every week and I'm still hopeful someone will come in before the end of August. Out wide Jarvis and Hunt are good hard working players, Hamill is potentially a very good young player and Kightly is still unknown at this level because of injury. If he can get back what he had then he will be some player but its a big if.

As for strikers we have two excellent players in Fletcher and Doyle, SEB is decent as a third choice and Ward an intelligent player who's had to adapt this game to play anyhwere Mick wants. Its the area of the pitch I least worry about for us. No-one can deny Odemwingie had a fantastic season, the question is can he do it again when he's more widely known. However he has pace and great ability and at any level that's a big asset. Long is a gamble in a way as any striker coming out of the championship is an unknown quantity. SEB scored 50 goals in 2 seasons but still struggled but then players like DJ Campbell did much better than expected so again who knows? I don't know much about the back-up behind those two but from the times I've seen them Cox looks decent but I don't rate Fortune or Bednar. So if by any chance Odemwingie struggles and Long doesn't adapt you will be relying on goals from the midfield though you've got good goalscorers there, including Thcoyi (spelling?).

For what its worth I think we will both be safe as we've improved and teams coming up seem weaker. I don't place too much emphasis on last years placing as Birmingham finished 9th the year before and couldn't kick on. Having stayed up 2 years ago a few injuries and the "dirty Wolves" tag derailed us and it took a long time to recover and we were always playing catch-up so although a cliche "second season syndome" is something to watch out for. In Hodgson I suspect you have the perfect manager to deal with that.

All in all I think we will both be ok. We are both proper clubs who live within our means and buck the trend of clubs who splash cash and want instant success and for that reason I have a respect for the Baggies as a club.

top post!!
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #774 on: August 10, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »

Good post. I agree with pretty much all of that - are you sure you're a Wolve's fan?  ;D