Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070005 times)

albionproud70

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
Is Jody Craddock fully fit, I saw him on the bench on Saturday. I think that he is there best defender.
That has made me laugh yet i dont know why????................ ;D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »
Their delusions are getting stronger. A caller on the sportsbar tonight reckons they'll go the season unbeaten picking up 14 points with away win at Stoke and Sunderland aswell as beating us and Blackburn.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
They wont if the defend like they did on Saturday then they wont pick up many points, Sunderland are due a win, Blackburn are due an away win as well.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »
Had an interesting discussion with a couple of Wolves fans on Friday evening.

Suprisingly the came to the conclusion that on paper they are 'miles ahead of us' and named Hennessy, Berra, Foley, Henry, Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle, Ebanks Blake and Fletcher as those who were 'too good for the Albion'

They'll never learn.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
When we relegate them you look at both squads on paper what clubs will come sniffing around for players...Jarvis (Which i do not rate at all, Thomas is streets ahead)...Doyle, and O'Hara who will be gone as faster as Jermaine Defoe out Daniella Llyods bedroom window.

a number of prem clubs will be after from us at least 10 players....

CHEERIO CHEERIO

BearwoodBaggie

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »

Suprisingly the came to the conclusion that on paper they are 'miles ahead of us' and named Hennessy, Berra, Foley, Henry, Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle, Ebanks Blake and Fletcher as those who were 'too good for the Albion'

They'll never learn.

;D ;D ;D
Absolutely deluded. But to be honest I think if you look at Wolves' forums not a lot of their fans rate Berra, Foley, Henry.
Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake and Fletcher all decent to good players. But I would have only Jarvis and maybe O'Hara at the albion.

If you compare Karl Henry to Youssuf Mulumbu it is just a joke the gap in quality between the 2 players. Odemwingie is arguably better than any striker they have. Our midfield is a lot better than theirs. And honestly I wouldnt take a single one of their defenders over ours.

It's a championship defence and a championship midfield with the exception of Jarvis and probably O'Hara, that's why they look like they'll go down and we look like we'll stay up, because we're a better team!
And we were a better team last season too!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »

They'll never learn.

Hilarious that it.   Whats the punchline?

The only ones that are close are Doyle, Jarvis and O'Hara but would you swap them for Odemwingie, Thomas/Brunt or Dorrans/Morrison?  Absolutely not IMO.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
Honestly the only player I would take over any of ours would be Jarvis over Thomas and thats only because I feel Jarvis is a bit more consistent.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
Their best player doesn't even belong to them!
I only go for the beer.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Hilarious that it.   Whats the punchline?

The only ones that are close are Doyle, Jarvis and O'Hara but would you swap them for Odemwingie, Thomas/Brunt or Dorrans/Morrison?  Absolutely not IMO.

Whats funnier is that after the last two results they still maintain they are a better side than us, better players than us and deserve to be above us despite being in the relegation zone all season bar about 35 mins because West Ham kicked off at 5.20.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
With the exception of a rare few most of them aint got a clue what theyre watching.

I would imagine that LA Galaxy fans have more idea "wow thats a high kick"

My son played for a decent West Brom side in the Bilston junior league until last year and nearly all the opponents were based in dingle land and they just want to play hoof ball and fight.

Numb nuts.
Knuckle draggers.
Slack jawed dribblers.
Bone Heads.

I cant remember the names of all the other teams in his league..... but you get the picture.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:29:24 PM by OldburyWBA »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2011, 11:53:16 PM »
It's funny going round the forums and stuff looking at the Wolves fans' general consensus.

They're all quite calm that they will stay up. This is mainly due to their run-in on paper. On paper they do have it easy, but on paper since Roy took over we should be down their with them. Football isn't as simple as that, and if they can't score/defend they're going to struggle.

Right now Doyle and Hunt are out. Two crucial players who created for them. Now they have to rely solely on Jarvis who has to be excellent. And that's just regarding the attack...

Still, I think Blackpool are weaker than them. Not to mention Wigan and West Ham continue to look weak. So in reality they could still stay up.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2011, 12:47:22 PM »
Doyles a good player. Far to good for them and would score more goals if he got better service. 5 times the player fortune is and makes such a big difference to their team. Genuinely think he would be a fan favourite here.

Other than him, their team really is poor and they definately will not be torn apart by premier league clubs if they go down but they may still survive with blackburn, blackpool and wigan looking a bit hopeless.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
Lets hope they go down, redevelop their ground, again, get in financial difficulties, again, drop to div 3, again, but this time, no Steve Bull and they go out of business, or am I getting carried away! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
If Wolves do go down , they will struggle for the Play Offs in my opinion, Jarvis , Doyle, Hennesey and O'Hara would all go and that would leave a huge hole in there team, but i think they might just scrape it and stay up they have 2 winnable games in Fulham and Blackburn but there defense is poo and Doyle is out,. That Blackburn game is going to be huge for Wolves.
BOING BOING

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
Its going to be tight for every team in the mix but i think the dingles "oh we've got an easy run in" attitude could turn out to smack them in the face
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
Excluding the game they will play against us, I'm sorry, but when you consider most of their points are won at home, I can only see a maximum of 6 points from Fulham and Blackburn and none away from home.
Fulham might look an easy 3 points - but Fulham have drawn 8 out of 16 away games.
This gives them a maximum of 38 plus whatever they get against us.
I think it's in our hands to send them down.
Whatever happens I'm sure they will need to beat Blackburn on the last day.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:18:02 PM by garry »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
If Wolves do go down , they will struggle for the Play Offs in my opinion, Jarvis , Doyle, Hennesey and O'Hara would all go and that would leave a huge hole in there team, but i think they might just scrape it and stay up they have 2 winnable games in Fulham and Blackburn but there defense is poo and Doyle is out,. That Blackburn game is going to be huge for Wolves.

I think their game against Fulham is even bigger.They simply have to win that one for some sort of spring board
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

I disagree there mate, they aren't in any need to sell as they have Steve Morgans backing. Plus, O'Hara is only on loan which means he'd join Spurs again. Jarvis and Doyle would attract interest but I reckon they'll hold onto them. I don't think any premier league team would want Hennessey in their side tbh.

If they were to go down, McCarthy will have them fighting like he normally does. Fight and spirit is one of the main factors in them picking up points this season. Although, quality wise they aren't the best you can't fault their effort.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »
There is no way Jarvis will play Championship football after just breaking into the England squad IMO wouldn't be surprised if he left anyway regardless of division.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
They will get lucky and survive again, with the likes of Blackpool, West Ham and Blackburn letting them off the hook.

Cunningham56

• Youth Baggie

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »
Mind games, im not counting any chickens.
I only go for the beer.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
Wolves are dead and buried now especially if Doyle + Ebanks-Blake  miss the rest of the season through injury, if they are hoping Fletcher and Vokes will fire them to safety they must be very deluded.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »
The most concerning consequence of the two heavy defeats just inflicted on Wolves was the inevitability of capitulation after the concession of the first goal in both games.

At Newcastle and again against Everton on Saturday, as soon as we went behind a landslide at our end looked likely with little retaliation from us as an attacking force.

It is of course, a recipe for disaster and Wolves have chosen the most alarming imaginable time to revert to the hesitancy and individual errors that bedevilled us earlier in the campaign.

Wolves no doubt had a four point target in mind prior to the two games but, in reality, they never gave themselves a ghost of a chance in either match.

The comical mix-up between Jamie O’Hara and George Elokobi to set up Everton’s third goal summed up the glaring lack of cohesion in our ranks.

Everton had appeared only marginally committed early on but by upping their tempo just a notch or two, they immediately discerned that easy pickings were very much on offer.

At the first hint of resistance, we were left floundering unable to win any high ball launched into our danger area as Richard Stearman and Christophe Berra were both twisted and turned out of position.

The chaos unravelled alarmingly quickly, confidence drained rapidly and our game plan fell to pieces.

Depressingly, an under-strength Everton despite a couple of outstanding long range finishes were not remotely tested and needed to show little in the way of top quality to prevail.

Sylvan Distin was a rock of dependency in the Everton penalty box, his partnership with Phil Jagielka was in stark contrast to the haphazard vulnerability causing mayhem in the Wolves’ defensive system.

The towering command of the Toffees’ pair emphasised that the Wolves’ back four is at best, still a developing work in progress.

This is not to suggest that both Richard Stearman and Christophe Berra have not performed heroically at times this season. On occasions, both have been absolutely outstanding in seeing off the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and both Manchester clubs.

But defensive instability occurs when the entire team malfunctions as a unit.

Both of our full-backs have struggled to close down vital space for our opponents in the last couple of games and, with our midfield second best, pressure has been heaped in our direction.

Our backline is not a physically intimidating unit, the likes of Distin and other powerhouse Premier League defenders can dominate smaller forwards and, without the guile and craft of the subtle Kevin Doyle up front, our entire game plan is diminished.

His unique ability to absorb and relieve pressure is priceless to Wolves and his absence up front means less possession and increased vulnerability.

One of the wisest decisions manager Mick McCarthy made at the start of his time at Molineux was to recruit Gary Breen to lead our back four.

Wolves were strapped for cash and bodies at the time with mere survival in Championship football appearing to be the limit of the club’s ambition.

Breen was already well past his considerable best, alarmingly short of pace and susceptible to being hopelessly stranded when turned by quicker forward players.

But his signing was a masterstroke. For starters, Breen was a magnificent competitor with a lot to say for himself and his abrupt communication skills were frequently directed at fellow defenders to remind them of exactly what was expected.

Breen had terrific positional sense which saw him assert his strengths before his weaknesses could be exploited.

He didn’t take kindly to being second-bested physically either and, when necessary, he pushed the laws of the game to the limit and rough-housed any opposition player who got in his way.

When liberties were taken, he had no taste for turning the other cheek. He was strong in the air and his anticipation for sniffing out trouble was uncanny but above all he was a leader, an outstanding organizer of a defensive unit and if needs dictated a bit of a bully as well.

In the short term, at least, it worked a treat – how Wolves could use a similar type of character right now.

For much of last season, Jody Craddock brilliantly fulfilled the role. Though not as demonstrative as Breen, Craddock led by inspired example and his absence this time around has been sorely missed.

Whether a veteran like him could have repeated such an amazing degree of consistency is debatable, but certainly not being able to call upon his calming influence for at least part of time has undoubtedly been a handicap.

With our position becoming increasingly desperate, McCarthy may be left with little alternative but to ask Craddock to front up once more.

We have to defend our goal demonically for these last half a dozen games, any repeat of the charitable disposition shown to both Newcastle and Everton will guarantee relegation.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/12/wolves-can-call-upon-jody-craddock/#ixzz1JWxK0hdc

You know it bad when you start wanting Jody Craddock. Some fans label him as the hero and 'amazing'. In my opinion, both Olsson, Pablo are better defenders.