Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197726 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2020, 09:35:53 PM »
YEs stay strong Liverbaggie. All the best to you and yours.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2020, 09:50:29 PM »
check in each day please dude, we might be remote but we can give you some moral support (and vice versa).
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2020, 09:56:04 PM »
This is a Lockdown. There is no curfew or military mobilisation but mark my words that will be next. It's almost as if the people of this country need everything spelled out.

The message is simple. If you're not a key worker stay at home.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2020, 10:07:54 PM »
Not quite a lockdown but another weekend like last will see a full one although we dont have enough Police at the best of times let alone now .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2020, 10:12:05 PM »
Not quite a lockdown but another weekend like last will see a full one although we dont have enough Police at the best of times let alone now .

Send in the Army.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2020, 10:22:32 PM »

I agree, it is not a full blown lockdown as those being experienced in Italy and Spain, where civil guards and the army are patrolling the streets of major cities. In Spain there is a €25,000 fine for unauthorised travel, we are not at those levels nonetheless we are in a soft lockdown at the moment in comparison

Stay Safe!

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2020, 11:07:00 PM »
Tonight you may have seen a report on Sky News about the death of a man in Birmingham from corona.
His son and daughter were interviewed on their doorstep, his son is my brothers best mate .
5hit just become horribly real 😢

Please stay in, look after yourselves and in doing that help everybody else.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: March 24, 2020, 01:53:08 AM »
Send in the Army.

Kev, its going to happen, but what amazed me last week when I said that this was going to happen I got some naive comment about them shooting people. I am struggling with the mentality of some who think that the precautions don't apply to them. The scenes at Hyde park [and many other places] and the 'lets go out for a final beer' morons beggar belief.

This is going to get a lot worse and the army are required to keep law and order and to assist the police. I for one fully support them.

We have met so you know me; I find myself in the vulnerable group as I do not have a spleen [surgically removed] and this virus is a serious risk to me.

If any of you have stockpiled toilet roll and pasta, or stood in queues waiting to get into a supermarket, or gone down the pub and basically ignored the advice given by Boris, then you need to think about what you have done. Wreckless beyond belief.

As others have pointed out, we are two weeks behind Italy, and that is horrendous, so buckle up chaps.......we are in for a hell of a time.
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #608 on: March 24, 2020, 04:10:24 AM »
Kev, its going to happen, but what amazed me last week when I said that this was going to happen I got some naive comment about them shooting people. I am struggling with the mentality of some who think that the precautions don't apply to them. The scenes at Hyde park [and many other places] and the 'lets go out for a final beer' morons beggar belief.

This is going to get a lot worse and the army are required to keep law and order and to assist the police. I for one fully support them.

We have met so you know me; I find myself in the vulnerable group as I do not have a spleen [surgically removed] and this virus is a serious risk to me.

If any of you have stockpiled toilet roll and pasta, or stood in queues waiting to get into a supermarket, or gone down the pub and basically ignored the advice given by Boris, then you need to think about what you have done. Wreckless beyond belief.

As others have pointed out, we are two weeks behind Italy, and that is horrendous, so buckle up chaps.......we are in for a hell of a time.

Let's not go pointing fingers at members on here, well out of order; also this 2 weeks behind Italy stuff is a misnomer, our curve is already flattening, and Italy leaked the lockdown of Lombardy before they could enforce it. Totally different scenarios that msm push as the same.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: March 24, 2020, 08:11:37 AM »

Let's not go pointing fingers at members on here, well out of order; also this 2 weeks behind Italy stuff is a misnomer, our curve is already flattening, and Italy leaked the lockdown of Lombardy before they could enforce it. Totally different scenarios that msm push as the same.

You're right London is very much different from Lombardy, in that the export of cases has been much worse across the country (It is after all more densely packed, and the transport hub of the whole country). Where have you seen the UK has flattened the curve I'm under the impression we are ahead of them now in a like for like comparison?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/23/coronavirus-deaths-italy-rising-faster-uk/

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2020, 08:38:03 AM »
This is a Lockdown. There is no curfew or military mobilisation but mark my words that will be next. It's almost as if the people of this country need everything spelled out.

The message is simple. If you're not a key worker stay at home.

The amount of people im hearing saying that Boris's words were misleading is astounding....

Its almost like it needs spelling out to them mate.....just stay at home.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2020, 08:49:34 AM »
It's not that they're misleading, they're just still vague.

Don't go to work, unless you have to.
Don't go out to meet anyone, unless it's just one person.
Don't go out, unless you're going for some exercise or walking the dog.

The problem is that people and companies aren't using common sense so will find any loophole they can. 

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2020, 08:54:57 AM »
The problem is the great areas of cities where the residents see themselves as a law unto themselves and anything a cop/politician/teacher/even a nurse/firefighter or paramedic says to them is automatically to be defied, and carefree drug dealers cycle round with their stash in their socks.  Before all this, ambulances and fire engines were regularly attacked, the police wouldn't go out a night except in full vans with the grill down, so god knows what it will be like now.  We like to think we're a united country, but we're not, hospitals are already being targeted for thefts.

I hope the Army is on standby with snatch squads at the ready and cold, damp holding pens awaiting with nowt but bread and water to eat.  And I'm a leftie!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #613 on: March 24, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »
It doesn't seem to be just rough parts of cities . People not paying attention seem to be varied and across the board as far as I can see. There's almost an attitude of  ah, it'll be alright. I'll start isolating when it gets really serious. In the meantime, I'll stock up on beer just in case and spend a few nice days in the sun out and about.

My colleague at work is in Northern Italy (Lombardy) and she says exactly the same attitude was/ is there and hence it keeps spreading, silently but quite quickly week after week. She says it's like a train, gathering pace week after week and once it's going, it's very hard to stop.

This Coronavirus fight will be as much about winning hearts and minds as well as the very obvious health/ NHS battle.

Maybe the trouble is a lot of people have been told to not trust experts, have had little faith in politicians and think the financial system has been rigged against them.  Maybe this is the time when people have to pick a side. To me this is a time to trust the government and experts fully and simply stay at home because this isn't about anything other than saving (thousands maybe tens of thousands of) lives.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:09 AM »
If the silent majority do what we usually do and tow the line & observe government advice we will come through this quicker and with less damage than if we all disregard the advice,.

However, the scum will do what scum does regardless, when the owner of Sports direct tries to argue that his stores are "key outlets" yet "Eileen of Halesowen" is on the radio asking by phone if she can visit her terminally ill husband of 40 years in hospital, it tells you all we need to know about certain sections of our society.

I have to agree that the authorities should now impose martial law and if you don't have evidence of "key worker status" on you, you take the consequences, this is now necessary for all our sakes.
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: March 24, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
If you would like UK Gov daily Covid-19 email updates

You can sign up here

https://www.gov.uk/email-signup?link=/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »
The government need to take the initiative regarding closing building sites as most construction companies will be very mindful of the potential for missed deadlines and punitive financial penalties.
There aren’t many industries like construction where the client - contractor relationship is usually Luke warm at best and the pursuit of breach of contract is commonplace.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #617 on: March 24, 2020, 11:15:32 AM »
The government need to take the initiative regarding closing building sites as most construction companies will be very mindful of the potential for missed deadlines and punitive financial penalties.
There aren’t many industries like construction where the client - contractor relationship is usually Luke warm at best and the pursuit of breach of contract is commonplace.

i had an excursion into construction for about 6 years, the most hostile / aggressive and plain nasty industry I have worked in, I don't envy anyone working in that environment and its all driven by the ludicrous contracts people sign to "win" business
Albion Family !!!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: March 24, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
My wife as just had the dreaded text telling her to stay home for 3 months. We knew it was coming but it's left her in bits.she can't stand the thought of not seeing the grand kids.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #619 on: March 24, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »

I always thought that contracts between the client and the contractor included a “Force Majeure” element to them to cover unforeseeable events where no blame can be attached to either party, as our current situation is.

Additionally, there is the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 that a party to a contract could, not unreasonably, rely on in a dispute of this nature should it occur.
It’s been a good few years since I had dealings in construction contracts, so I could be miles out of date.

I saw video's this morning of motorways leading into London with three solid lanes of traffic. However, it was my understanding from last nights PM's broadcast, that people who can't work from home can still go to work if they have a choice and their employer allows it and by using a car to do so is much safer than using public transport.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: March 24, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
Right, we've had a fair dose of doom and gloom this morning, now it's time for a touch of good old fashioned British classic comedy to lighten things up and put a smile back on faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1IP4N9ajg
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #621 on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:28 AM »
people who can't work from home can still go to work if they have a choice and their employer allows it

Now, I understood it completely differently, ie My understanding is Stay at home. unless you are a key worker, or shopping for essentials (ie food / pharmacy), or taking exercise once a day. To do otherwise is enforceable by the police, and I have to say that this seemed absolutely crystal clear to me, no ambiguity, no negotiation, crystal clear.

If numpties try to claim they are key workers when they are clearly not, on their heads be it.
Albion Family !!!

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #622 on: March 24, 2020, 11:45:32 AM »
I always thought that contracts between the client and the contractor included a “Force Majeure” element to them to cover unforeseeable events where no blame can be attached to either party, as our current situation is.

Additionally, there is the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 that a party to a contract could, not unreasonably, rely on in a dispute of this nature should it occur.
It’s been a good few years since I had dealings in construction contracts, so I could be miles out of date.

I saw video's this morning of motorways leading into London with three solid lanes of traffic. However, it was my understanding from last nights PM's broadcast, that people who can't work from home can still go to work if they have a choice and their employer allows it and by using a car to do so is much safer than using public transport.
That’s correct most contracts do include a force majeure clause, however given the amount of time that has elapsed since the initial outbreak and the hard evidence of other countries who are further down the line with the effects of the virus it’s hard to see how it could be considered an unforeseen act of god.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #623 on: March 24, 2020, 11:49:43 AM »
people who can't work from home can still go to work if they have a choice and their employer allows it

Now, I understood it completely differently, ie My understanding is Stay at home. unless you are a key worker, or shopping for essentials (ie food / pharmacy), or taking exercise once a day. To do otherwise is enforceable by the police, and I have to say that this seemed absolutely crystal clear to me, no ambiguity, no negotiation, crystal clear.

If numpties try to claim they are key workers when they are clearly not, on their heads be it.

This is a snippet from this mornings Telegraph

What are the rules?

Mr Johnson has said you will only be able to leave your house for one of four reasons:

1. Shopping for necessities
2. Once a day for exercise
3. Medical need or providing care
4. Travelling to or from work (if you can't work from home)

Contrary to what people and sections of the media are saying, we are not yet in a full lockdown as Italy and Spain are

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #624 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »

The chap over the road from me works for Worcester University he says he is classed as key worker not his words but the university's words. BTW he is a head porter.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE